John Swartzwelder (The Simpsons) Got His Autograph!

Exceptional forum threads deemed worthy of locking and keeping in a separate place.
Drum Solo

John Swartzwelder (The Simpsons) Got His Autograph!

Post by Drum Solo »

I'm talking about that weird Simpsons writer who people didn't think existed, and then it turned out he did, and since then he's been a complete recluse (read about him here: <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Swartzwelder<!-- m -->)...I ordered a book by him and he signed it along with all the other ones.

I guess he sells them from his house, and even if he doesn't, they sell for the same price anyway. I'll probably read it later this week. The first few pages were funny, but then I had to get to work :oldryan:
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

Re: John Swartzwelder (The Simpsons) Got His Autograph!

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

He DOES exist. Cool score man :bang:
Fuck 'em
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

he has written some of the greatest simpsons episodes :idea:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

i will have to take your word for it
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Devy
Metal God

Post by Devy »

[quote name="ein dusto"]he has written some of the greatest simpsons episodes :idea:[/quote]

This is very true. I keep meaning to buy Herr Swartzwelder's books, but they're insanely expensive and I refuse to buy a Kindle.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

[quote name="Devy"]
[quote name="ein dusto"]I refuse to buy a Kindle.[/quote][/quote]

it's not that i didn't love you before; i just love you so much more now
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Devy
Metal God

Post by Devy »

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

you cant wear a monocle and hold a snifter while reading from your kindle without looking like a complete twat

nor do kindles smell great and mysterious :mystery:

nor are they impressive to look at

NOR can you hide drugs and murder weapons in a kindle

books >

:judge:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Devy
Metal God

Post by Devy »

I discussed this with a fellating lover the other day. I mentioned about how much nicer a shelf of books looks than some gay little tablet thing.

"You can't carry a shelf of books around with you though can you?" they said.

"What the hell would I want to do that for?" was my reply

I understand having all your music with you at all times, but books are a little different. You can't read a book while doing pretty much anything else. If you're going somewhere and manage to read more books than you could have possibly carried, what the fuck did you go somewhere for? Just stay home and read.

Meat Engine
Ancient One

Post by Meat Engine »

I like my Kindle. I won't get rid of every book I own, but when possible I will find Kindle versions of new books.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

this thread is a dense, lush forest of win
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

[quote name="Devy"]I discussed this with a fellating lover the other day. I mentioned about how much nicer a shelf of books looks than some gay little tablet thing.

I understand having all your music with you at all times, but books are a little different. You can't read a book while doing pretty much anything else. If you're going somewhere and manage to read more books than you could have possibly carried, what the fuck did you go somewhere for? Just stay home and read.[/quote]

i really cant stand that argument. "oh well i cant carry 200 books around with me, but i can carry them in my kindle." to which i say

1) why do you need to carry 200 books around, and

2) you could carry 200 books with you if you weren't a bashful little sexy leopard elevator with no lower body strength but a lot of repressed physical anxiety

don't be a little sexy leopard elevator. carry 200 books
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Devy
Metal God

Post by Devy »

Also if you lose one book, you've only lost one book. You lose your Kindle and that's something else entirely. Fuck that noise, says I.

jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

Devy
Metal God

Post by Devy »

AND ANOTHER THING! You can't claim to have fancy booklearning from a Kindle. Fancy Kindlelearing? Fancy E-booklearning? Bump them gums fool.

Drum Solo

Post by Drum Solo »

I realize the topic has trailed off from the excitement of my online book purchases, but I just re-read the following and it strikes me as worth relaying here:

"According to Matt Groening, Swartzwelder used to write episodes while sitting in a booth at a cawfee shop "drinking copious amounts of cawfee and smoking endless cigarettes". When California passed an anti-smoking law, Swartzwelder bought the diner booth and installed it in his house, allowing him to continue his process in peace"
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

[quote name="online quote profile"]
[quote name="Devy"]I discussed this with a fellating lover the other day. I mentioned about how much nicer a shelf of books looks than some gay little tablet thing.

I understand having all your music with you at all times, but books are a little different. You can't read a book while doing pretty much anything else. If you're going somewhere and manage to read more books than you could have possibly carried, what the fuck did you go somewhere for? Just stay home and read.[/quote]

i really cant stand that argument. "oh well i cant carry 200 books around with me, but i can carry them in my kindle." to which i say

1) why do you need to carry 200 books around, and

2) you could carry 200 books with you if you weren't a bashful little sexy leopard elevator with no lower body strength but a lot of repressed physical anxiety

don't be a little sexy leopard elevator. carry 200 books[/quote]

:idea:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

[quote name="Devy"]AND ANOTHER THING! You can't claim to have fancy booklearning from a Kindle. Fancy Kindlelearing? Fancy E-booklearning? Bump them gums fool.[/quote]

:judge:

this thread is now over
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people