I think i'm in trouble

Exceptional forum threads deemed worthy of locking and keeping in a separate place.
Grudge
Metal God

I think i'm in trouble

Post by Grudge »

My father found all the bottles of alcohol in my room. He phoned me just now about it. He wants to talk about it when I get home from work.

What should be my stance or attitude about the whole thing? I really don't know the best line of reasoning to pursue here.
shadowalk
Metal God

Re: I think i'm in trouble

Post by shadowalk »

"Goddammit, pops! I'm a fully-grown, college graduate and I got a decent job and you still want to make a fuss about my booze?!?!?!?!?!!"
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Give me some excuses that will help me minimize the damage, because this is a pretty volatile situation
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

:frown:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
KARMABLADE
God of Emptiness

Post by KARMABLADE »

You are a grown man and its YOUR body and YOUR life, he has no buisness telling you what to do, you arent his property.
My riffs: <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoKhOGflcy8<!-- m -->

NileDeathMetalGods(NDMG)

Brock will smash your face!
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

Allah told you to drink, for divine inspiration
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

Well, if you've got a wide assortment of stuff, tell him that you enjoy the occasional mixed drink, and that they seem to accumulate because you never drink the whole thing. You enjoy trying a number of different things, mayhap, and never to excess. You are trying to enjoy them for the flavors, not to get all blasted.

Option 2 is to be honest with him. Why do you drink? Are you stressed? Problems at work? If he's a loving father, he will most likely be diverted into trying to help you improve your situation. No father wants to see his son become an alcoholic, and hopefully he will understand what's going on with you. To be frank, this seems like the most adult solution, and is probably the one I'd recommend.

You could also tell him to mind his own business. If he has a problem with drinking in his house, maybe you'll need to move. There's nothing good to come of getting into a fight though. You understand his point of view, and want to work things out, don't you?

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

If there is only few bottless you can try to tell him that they were some fellating lover of you but you didn't want to leave them lying on the street so you brought them home two days ago or something.
:xx:
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

It just so happens that there is also a product brochure for one of the alcohol companies, in my closet where the empty bottles are kept. There are numerous varieties of bottles by different companies.

Thus my excuse shall be:

"The bottles in my closet are all part of a discreet advertising project."

"It makes sense dad, because all the bottles are there for reference. The brochure is there for reference. We could not keep the bottles at the office because of the bad professional impression it gives at work, an environment which is religiously conservative. I volunteered instead. I had intended to throw out the bottles, but forgot completely. Yes I admit it was a mistake to put them there, I really should never have volunteered for this.

Really, if I had actually consumed all those bottles, I would be a drunkard with smelly breath wouldn't I? How could I find time to drink when I slave away at the office for 12 hours a day, not to mention that I am involved in labor struggles as you well know?

How could a hard-on bearer like me who has all these books in his room, an intellectual interest, stumble into such morally depraved territory as drinking? I have never smoked and I will never drink.

Yes you found that glass cup in the closet too. And the empty cola bottles which you mistake to be mixers. This much I can acknowledge that at certain times during Ramadan, I did not keep some of my fasts, and did not wish for anyone to know."

This is what I intend to say. An excuse, mixed with a little bit of truth at the end for credibility. And I'll even prepare a full fledged presentation with strategic analysis of a fictional foreign brand for which we're preparing the bottle labeling, to show my dad.

What do you think? Any holes in this whole thing?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i think you're pathetic
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

Honestly, I think it's pretty fucking lame. You talk of all these revolutionary responsibilities, and being a leader, yet you're afraid of what dad might do if he finds out you drink? Are you fucking 17? If you're afraid to tell your father the truth about something like this, you really aren't worthy of the respect you demand. :frown:

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="HbW"]Honestly, I think it's pretty fucking lame. You talk of all these revolutionary responsibilities, and being a leader, yet you're afraid of what dad might do if he finds out you drink? Are you fucking 17? If you're afraid to tell your father the truth about something like this, you really aren't worthy of the respect you demand. :frown:[/quote]

djonni greazo
Ancient One

Post by djonni greazo »

point him to this thread. he'd be entertained :greenie:
:xx: Image :xx:
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

If you're not joking, then:

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="HbW"]Honestly, I think it's pretty fucking lame. You talk of all these revolutionary responsibilities, and being a leader, yet you're afraid of what dad might do if he finds out you drink? Are you fucking 17? If you're afraid to tell your father the truth about something like this, you really aren't worthy of the respect you demand. :frown:[/quote]

[/quote]
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I never demanded respect. I just want to fix the situation. Call it a retreat. Call it cowardice. I don't fucking care.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

well then be a man and tell the damn truth.
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

Dude when you spoke of revolutionary responsabilities I thought you meant something way cooler than covertly drinking in your room........ Way to burst my bubble. :piss1:
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="ManOfSteel"]I never demanded respect. I just want to fix the situation. Call it a retreat. Call it cowardice. I don't fucking care.[/quote]

So you're telling me that lying about a lifestyle isn't contradictory to your entire value system? Integrity plays a large role in a revolution. If you fail to honor that in person, your ideals are worthless.

Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

I don't entirely agree with that.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Balls are not an issue here. I am not going to think with my balls. I am going to think with my head. And according to my calculations, the best way to minimize damage is to lie my way out of it by presenting this excuse.

What am I going to achieve by taking an integrity stand here? Nothing.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

You could say that about any situation.
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

What kind of damage are we talking here? A mild scolding?
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

[quote name="Johnny"]You could say that about any situation.[/quote]

So suddenly, me lying to my parents about my drinking has become an issue which brings into question, all my work for a cause? Don't you people think that's stretching things just a little bit? There's no connection between this and that.
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="ManOfSteel"]Balls are not an issue here. I am not going to think with my balls. I am going to think with my head. And according to my calculations, the best way to minimize damage is to lie my way out of it by presenting this excuse.

What am I going to achieve by taking an integrity stand here? Nothing.[/quote]

This isn't about your balls or your head. It's about your heart. If you think you can honestly be a part of something that espouses higher morals than the current system and still be a liar on your own time, you're fooling yourself. You have to actually live higher values if you want anyone to believe that they're actually higher values.

Maybe I'm being too harsh on you. Is your dad going to shoot you when you get home? If so, maybe you should just run away. Otherwise, you're being a hypocrite, and have no business being part of a revolution.

I believe your passion for your cause is genuine. Your work isn't being called into question. Yet, can you imagine Stalin being a great leader if he didn't have the integrity to deal honestly with actual problems? If you aspire to achieve greatness, you can't allow your integrity to falter. You know it's wrong, and yet you're willing to do it just because you might get in trouble. This is pathetic behavior, not fitting of someone who seeks to inspire other people.

Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

but the position you are suggesting I should take, is a disastrous one. It is silly that when I have such a great excuse prepared that will help me diffuse the situation, that I should not use it. It is illogical.
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

That's what integrity is, man. There will always be easy ways out of things. One of the most basic parts of being an adult is having the integrity to face difficult situations head on.

Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="ManOfSteel"]but the position you are suggesting I should take, is a disastrous one.[/quote]

Maybe if you finally explained why, we would understand.

This is not a situation that I can comprehend. For me it's more of a '12 year ago' type thing

[quote name="ManOfSteel"] It is illogical.[/quote]

Your stance of 'Why tell the truth when i can lie' is pretty illogical to me.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

My family is a strict disciplinarian and places high emphasis on adherence to cultural values. The family generally is religiously moderate, but in such cases, is quite conservative.

That is why, the fallout can be quite big. It can mean getting a slap the moment I enter the room with him to have a talk. It can mean ejection from the house. It can mean curtailment of my outings. It can mean a lot of restrictions.

I'm not sure exactly what is going to happen. But this is a very serious matter, quite unlike being caught in underage drinking in a western country with relaxed attitudes towards alcohol.
bills bro
Ancient One

Post by bills bro »

if you're a good enough liar, your story might work... but i don't know :oldryan: I'd go with the stress at work excuse.
bills bro
Ancient One

Post by bills bro »

Also, if you get caught in the lie it could be much worse for you, drinking and then lying about drinking :tear:
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Fuck it all. This is just one more headache on top of a mountain of tensions I have to face. I am angry, nervous, optimistic, depressed, confused, all at the same time. I will emerge victorious from today's trial. My excuse will work.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Don't lie Imran. You'll have an easier time if you tell the truth. I personally wouldn't buy that excuse if I were your dad.
KARMABLADE
God of Emptiness

Post by KARMABLADE »

I understand your situation being from iran and knowing how closeminded some people over there are with their bullshit culture and religious values and i can imagine its the same over there, too bad there are so many stupid closeminded idiots out there, garbage creatures.

NileDeathMetalGods(NDMG)

Holocaust
Metal God

Post by Holocaust »

The revolutionary would lie his way out. The son should be honest.
methodrone
God of Emptiness

Post by methodrone »

in some respects you are a grown up, f.i working all the time - in other you are still just a kid.

very strange
KARMABLADE
God of Emptiness

Post by KARMABLADE »

[quote name="hafsteinn"]in some respects you are a grown up, f.i working all the time - in other you are still just a kid.

very strange[/quote]

i can understand his situation being with closeminded people of that culture and religion, they are retarded.

NileDeathMetalGods(NDMG)

ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

you're 25 years old Imran. Tell your dad to don't piss you off.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
KARMABLADE
God of Emptiness

Post by KARMABLADE »

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]you're 25 years old Imran. Tell your dad to don't piss you off.[/quote]

yeah he should but he may get thrown out of the house, thats the thing.

NileDeathMetalGods(NDMG)

ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

[quote name="Skinfection"]first off, id question what he was doing looking around in your room to begin with. secondly, if you were worried about getting caught, why leave the bottles where you did to begin with? its like the murderer that keeps pictures of what he did at his house.[/quote]

skin-her has it :idea:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
KARMABLADE
God of Emptiness

Post by KARMABLADE »

[quote name="Skinfection"]first off, id question what he was doing looking around in your room to begin with. secondly, if you were worried about getting caught, why leave the bottles where you did to begin with? its like the murderer that keeps pictures of what he did at his house.[/quote]

yeah, not so smart to leave the bottles if its this big of an issue.

NileDeathMetalGods(NDMG)

ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

first question: WHY your dad hates alchool??? for his being Muslim? are u still Muslim Imran?ù

:santa:

KARMABLADE
God of Emptiness

Post by KARMABLADE »

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]first question: WHY your dad hates alchool??? for his being Muslim? are u still Muslim Imran?ù

:santa:[/quote]

his father probably is, my mother is and she calls me "satan" because i talk so much shit about islam.

NileDeathMetalGods(NDMG)

Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

[quote name="ManOfSteel"]
[quote name="Johnny"]You could say that about any situation.[/quote]

So suddenly, me lying to my parents about my drinking has become an issue which brings into question, all my work for a cause? Don't you people think that's stretching things just a little bit? There's no connection between this and that.[/quote]

That's not what I was saying.
supa tuna
Ancient One

Post by supa tuna »

i think you should tell the truth man.

you seem to be a pretty successful duder so if you wanna tie one on from time to time.

and atleast your usually at home.

Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

The bluff worked like a charm. The situation is normalized.

Fuck ALL of you.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

w00000000000000000000t!
methodrone
God of Emptiness

Post by methodrone »

weak
supa tuna
Ancient One

Post by supa tuna »

lame.

so, next time, dont ask anyone what you should do if your just going to do your own thing.

kinda pointless.

Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I asked for possible excuses by the third post
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Your dad might be keeping a closer eye on you from now on, just a thought.