When someone has cancer

Exceptional forum threads deemed worthy of locking and keeping in a separate place.
Grudge
Metal God

When someone has cancer

Post by Grudge »

And others say, "sorry to hear dude, I knew someone who had cancer", I think to myself, do you really have to know that someone else also had cancer to sympathize with the one you're supposed to be sympathizing with? Shouldn't the suffering of the individual himself be enough for you to say, "this sucks" instead of saying, "I knew someone who suffered so I guess you must be suffering too, which must suck."
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Re: When someone has cancer

Post by happiness and harmony »

this will be the day that inram learns the difference between sympathy and empathy
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

people say that out of empathy, letting the other person know that they understand how bad it sucks, or something
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

[quote name="aids rash"]this will be the day that inram learns the difference between sympathy and empathy[/quote]

Or maybe this will be the day that you will learn that slips of the pen can be corrected before you come in with your clever, but not quite on time remarks.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

[quote name="rhino"]people say that out of empathy, letting the other person know that they understand how bad it sucks, or something[/quote]

Which is what I'm asking you. Is it not enough for you to see that the hard-on bearer is dying, he's lost hair from chemotherapy, he's shriveled up to a skeleton of his former self for you to "understand how bad it sucks". Instead of bringing some outsider into the picture who has nothing to do with the situation.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

[quote name="IRONMAN"]
[quote name="aids rash"]this will be the day that inram learns the difference between sympathy and empathy[/quote]

Or maybe this will be the day that you will learn that slips of the pen can be corrected before you come in with your clever, but not quite on time remarks.[/quote]

i have no idea what you're talking about, especially since you aren't writing your responses with a pen

i'm not making fun of any mistakes in your post i'm being entertained by your robotic, emotionless view of humanity
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

You know the difference between you and me Dusty?
scunt.
Metal God

Post by scunt. »

you fucking start cooking crystal meth jesus imran it's not that hard
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jorsh">
Omg Ali is so hot I want to fuck both nostrils, earholes, even his armpits and elbows. Basically I want to fuck him everywhere except his ass and mouth.

To jizzfinity and beyond
</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Hitoshura">
also when you exit an unsuccessful interview you should just leave them with: 'if you can't slam with the best, you'll just have to jam with the rest'
</blockquote>
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

:thingy:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people