Kingdom is the worst MA album

Truly awful forum threads best forgotten but worth preserving for ongoing, on-demand facepalms.
GMDN

Kingdom is the worst MA album

Post by GMDN »

Even illud had some "good" death metal songs which are more memorable than the songs on this new album, im very disappointed, the production is horrible and so are the riffs and solos, trey has lost it.
zim
Zim(a)

Re: Kingdom is the worst MA album

Post by zim »

NDMG
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

the ref saved your life
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

He did
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

:gaylol:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

totally. definitely the worst
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

imran
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

Inram
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

:inram:
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Come on NDMG. You're just flat out wrong there.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

uh oh someone contradicted him, get ready
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:gaylol:
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

The Ultimate wrote:Come on NDMG. You're just flat out wrong there.
Nah its complete garbage

MAs worst albums in order:

1: Kingdom (sure its a pure DM album but the songs are garbage and so is the production)
2: Illud( a very crappy album though the mediocre death metal songs on this album are better than the DM songs on kingdom)
3: Heretic( Crappy production and generic songs besides the instrumentals by pete and curse the flesh)
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I'm sorry but that's just nonsense. Complete nonsense. There is no way those albums should be ranked like that.
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

The Ultimate wrote:I'm sorry but that's just nonsense. Complete nonsense. There is no way those albums should be ranked like that.
It is how i see it, gateways was the last good MA album.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Well then get your eyesight checked because the last good MA album was Kingdoms!
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

Nope, gateways is 100 times better than that garbage album
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

You are a 100,000 times wrong about Kingdoms being a garbage album. It is a good album. Also Gateways is not 100 times better. Stop exaggerating.
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

Kingdom is a generic crap, uninspired garbage that i would never listen to again
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

It is totally not that, it a good return to form, a step in the right direction with several very good songs that can be listened to again and again.
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

You have very low standards then
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Actually I have very high standards. Higher than yours definitely, for sure.
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

The Ultimate wrote:Actually I have very high standards. Higher than yours definitely, for sure.
Definitely not otherwise you wouldnt praise a crappy generic DM album like kingdom.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

You are wrong 100%, Kingdoms is an enjoyable album, it isn't generic, perhaps you should get your ears and brain checked by a doctor.
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

The Ultimate wrote:You are wrong 100%, Kingdoms is an enjoyable album, it isn't generic, perhaps you should get your ears and brain checked by a doctor.
Its garbage, i never thought i would ever say this about MA but a song i made years ago is better than the entire kingdom album in terms of riffs, cathiness and aggression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fgTe_o3vfs
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Well you must be high on drugs because your music does not even come close to the Kingdoms album in terms of riffs, vocals, song composition and aggression. It's a good thing you hung up the gloves because hardly anyone enjoyed the crap you composed. And that is a fact.
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

The Ultimate wrote:Well you must be high on drugs because your music does not even come close to the Kingdoms album in terms of riffs, vocals, song composition and aggression. It's a good thing you hung up the gloves because hardly anyone enjoyed the crap you composed. And that is a fact.
What you think doesnt matter as you have showed signs of low intelligence, i know what im talking about, that song is better than the entire kingdom album.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I have very high intelligence. I have used my intelligence to get good grades in school and a good job. I am also very well read and can give expert opinions on a variety of topics. The truth is the drugs you take have distorted your perception of reality and reduced your IQ. It is very unfortunate. Please admit it when you are wrong. It takes courage but you can do it I know it. The Kingdoms album is a good album.
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

The Ultimate wrote:I have very high intelligence. I have used my intelligence to get good grades in school and a good job. I am also very well read and can give expert opinions on a variety of topics. The truth is the drugs you take have distorted your perception of reality and reduced your IQ. It is very unfortunate. Please admit it when you are wrong. It takes courage but you can do it I know it. The Kingdoms album is a good album.
Being a good parrot in school doesnt mean that you have high intelligence, quite the contrary.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Of course it does! Success requires intelligence, concentration and focus and which if you had all that you would see that Kingdoms is a solid Morbid Angel album.
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

The Ultimate wrote:Of course it does! Success requires intelligence, concentration and focus and which if you had all that you would see that Kingdoms is a solid Morbid Angel album.
No it doesnt, you are a good parrot thats all, a lot of university students are incredibly stupid, kingdom is generic garbage, i wouldnt say it was if it wasnt.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Actually that's incorrect we are generally smarter because we have more skills and use more of our brain capacity to make the world a better place. Like I can tell for sure that I am better at math, reasoning and concentration than you. Kingdoms is a good album and maybe you are too unintelligent to realize. You seem to have lost the plot completely.
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

The Ultimate wrote:Actually that's incorrect we are generally smarter because we have more skills and use more of our brain capacity to make the world a better place. Like I can tell for sure that I am better at math, reasoning and concentration than you. Kingdoms is a good album and maybe you are too unintelligent to realize. You seem to have lost the plot completely.
You arent smart, you are just a good sheep, mindless parrot that repeats. Doesnt matter how many times you say that its a good album, its generic garbage.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I am smart, I have proof. I bet if I took an IQ test I would score much higher than you. This is why you should just accept what I am saying. It is OK to be wrong, you should admit it. Kingdoms is a good album. Your drug use has mislead you into a wrong opinion on Kingdoms.
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

I've had the chance to listen to this album quite a bit now and It's surprised me how solid it actually is, although not quite the world beaterTrey said it would be. That familiar heavy groove pops up a lot which gives it that addictive quality, even in the fast songs which is why i'm a fan of this band from the start. Imagine if this had been released in 2003 instead of Heretic it would have been pretty much perfect. The ultimate blend of Formulas and Gateways, with some Domination thrown in there too. Not that i dislike heretic at all, but in hindsight it just seems to fit a little better.

People say it's generic which while it might sound it on the surface, is actually not for MA. Trey has seemed to experiement with song ideas within a death metal framework this time instead of choosing totally different genre/iunstruments like Illud. Songs such as D.E.A.D and Architect where he's channeling Portal/Gorguts and Behemoth for the latter. These are songs you wouldn't necessarily think are MA unless you were told. Then on the other hand you've got the Righteous voice (maybe album highlight for me) which is MA to a tee with it's Opening of the gates esque intro and bouncy pummeling groove when it blasts away. Pillars crumbling which is another standout track has the outro part that's completely unexpected and another moment where accusations of MA playing it safe don't seem to hold up.The complaints about the production are justified but with some minor adjustments through an equalizer can bring out the riffs more. I definitely don't think it's the worst production they've had though.

If i was to make a list from best to worst it would look something like this:

Covenant
Altars
Gateways
Formulas
Kingdoms
Blessed
Heretic
Domination
Illud

So yeah I hold Kingdoms somewhere around the middle. Even though at the moment it feels like it should be higher because the album is fresh and exciting to listen to I went with a conservative middle spot in the event that time wears off the appeal.
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

:santa:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Wow NDMG, there really is no way to argue your objective taste in music. You must right.
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

iamgoat wrote:Wow NDMG, there really is no way to argue your objective taste in music. You must right.
I know what you mean but i tell it like it is from an objective view, for example if the guitars are burried in the mix then they ARE burried under the mix and its not my subjective opinion.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

GMDN wrote:
iamgoat wrote:Wow NDMG, there really is no way to argue your objective taste in music. You must right.
I know what you mean but i tell it like it is from an objective view, for example if the guitars are burried in the mix then they ARE burried under the mix and its not my subjective opinion.
That's true but that doesn't make it "the worst MA album." That's just an opinion.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Phantoon wrote:I've had the chance to listen to this album quite a bit now and It's surprised me how solid it actually is, although not quite the world beaterTrey said it would be. That familiar heavy groove pops up a lot which gives it that addictive quality, even in the fast songs which is why i'm a fan of this band from the start. Imagine if this had been released in 2003 instead of Heretic it would have been pretty much perfect. The ultimate blend of Formulas and Gateways, with some Domination thrown in there too. Not that i dislike heretic at all, but in hindsight it just seems to fit a little better.

People say it's generic which while it might sound it on the surface, is actually not for MA. Trey has seemed to experiement with song ideas within a death metal framework this time instead of choosing totally different genre/iunstruments like Illud. Songs such as D.E.A.D and Architect where he's channeling Portal/Gorguts and Behemoth for the latter. These are songs you wouldn't necessarily think are MA unless you were told. Then on the other hand you've got the Righteous voice (maybe album highlight for me) which is MA to a tee with it's Opening of the gates esque intro and bouncy pummeling groove when it blasts away. Pillars crumbling which is another standout track has the outro part that's completely unexpected and another moment where accusations of MA playing it safe don't seem to hold up.The complaints about the production are justified but with some minor adjustments through an equalizer can bring out the riffs more. I definitely don't think it's the worst production they've had though.

Covenant
Altars
Gateways
Formulas
Kingdoms
Blessed
Heretic
Domination
Illud

So yeah I hold Kingdoms somewhere around the middle. Even though at the moment it feels like it should be higher because the album is fresh and exciting to listen to I went with a conservative middle spot in the event that time wears off the appeal.
this is a thorough, thoughtful, and balanced consideration of the album :santa: it will be ignored and mocked in equal measure :beer:
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

harpsichord dynamo wrote:
Phantoon wrote:I've had the chance to listen to this album quite a bit now and It's surprised me how solid it actually is, although not quite the world beaterTrey said it would be. That familiar heavy groove pops up a lot which gives it that addictive quality, even in the fast songs which is why i'm a fan of this band from the start. Imagine if this had been released in 2003 instead of Heretic it would have been pretty much perfect. The ultimate blend of Formulas and Gateways, with some Domination thrown in there too. Not that i dislike heretic at all, but in hindsight it just seems to fit a little better.

Covenant
Altars
Gateways
Formulas
Kingdoms
Blessed
Heretic
Domination
Illud

this is a thorough, thoughtful, and balanced consideration of the album :santa: it will be ignored and mocked in equal measure :beer:
You are right about that, kingdom being better than domination and blessed...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

iamgoat wrote:
GMDN wrote:
That's true but that doesn't make it "the worst MA album." That's just an opinion.
An opinion the majority agrees with, look at the likes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p04DOohS89g
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

But still an opinion. Not fact, as you like to state it.

Having fierce discussions about taste is pointless. The only thing you and inram were saying to each other was "you're wrong - no, you're wrong!" Like a bunch of kids fighting over which superhero is better.

Anyway, I don't like the album because of the songwriting. I think Steve is brilliant but there are too many songs that I get bored with easily.
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

That was inram? why is he changing nick all the time? and yeah the songwriting sucks.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

he changes nick
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

GMDN wrote:That was inram? why is he changing nick all the time? and yeah the songwriting sucks.
for a purely logical superhuman blah blah you are about as observant as a bag of severed dicks leaking out an evidence locker
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

harpsichord dynamo wrote:
GMDN wrote:That was inram? why is he changing nick all the time? and yeah the songwriting sucks.
for a purely logical superhuman blah blah you are about as observant as a bag of severed dicks leaking out an evidence locker
Dont take your frustration out on me cause you are an idiot.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

but you are frustratingly boring
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

harpsichord dynamo wrote:but you are frustratingly boring
And you think i care about what you think?
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

[/quote]An opinion the majority agrees with, look at the likes[/quote]
That's actually a fairly substantial dislike bar and reading the comments a very large portion disagree with him. People thumb shit up to keep up appearences, and most likely they're not even MA fans there.