Quit job A, lost job B

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
vO)))id
Metal God

Quit job A, lost job B

Post by vO)))id »

So after years of working 32 hours a week at a restaurant and getting a burn out from it, spiralling in a deep depression I quit that job when I recovered but with paid leave and social security, had to use a lawyer to get everything that is in my right as an employee. (Having or using a lawyer is very uncommon here compared to USA, for example).

So I got hired as a sound tech at a venue, run by one of my uncles (great dude). Where today I heard they are going to fire me. Reason: not enough skill in live sound. Well, they were aware of my studio background but I hardly had any chance to learn the systems there because they didn’t schedule me for months. Then apparently this was done because “I’m the nephew of the boss”, behind my back. I never received ANY feedback for my work. The bands I worked with were always happy with me.

Fucking backstabbing douchebags... my uncle defended me in their conference so they got the message. The fact that I am family never played any roll in me getting employment there. But oh well... people are not to be trusted when they’re always friendly to your face.

Today I also had a chat with my father in law who runs a succesful business in graphic design and offered me a job. So now I’m thinking about taking that on and learn the basics of Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects in one month and prove I can learn new things.

Today was a very intense and emotional day with millions of things coming at me. Tomorrow I shall reflect on everything and probably make the decision to jump into the deeps with graphic design and do music as well. Plan is to make simple short movies with audio/music, make banners and flyers as a start. At least it’s a creative job.

Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for this forum. Mabb :xx:
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Re: Quit job A, lost job B

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Some people get their jollies from making others miserable. Its definitely nothing that you did.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Graphic design :xx:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

things will work out for the better and you will look back and think "dang, I am glad I did that" :santa:
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I hate reading these reports.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

The Ultimate wrote:I hate reading these reports.
Then don’t read them.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I meant that they are sad, not trying to be negative towards you.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

The Ultimate wrote:I meant that they are sad, not trying to be negative towards you.
Ah okay. :santa:
Z's bouncy tits
Oklahoma

Post by Z's bouncy tits »

That's a shitty thing to do.

But, graphic design is nifty. Very creative.
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

rhino wrote:things will work out for the better and you will look back and think "dang, I am glad I did that" :santa:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Vahmpy if you need any help with those three Adobe programs that you mentioned, I can help yinz out. :santa:

If you're gonna be working in advertising and/or marketing, you'll need to learn InDesign as well.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Yeah I know. My stepdad is going to teach me, my gf also knows these programs as she is an animator/illustrator. I think I’ll be in good hands. Thanks :idea:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Have those hands been washed recently?
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Nick wrote:Have those hands been washed recently?
:redneck:
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

On the bright side you seem pretty lucky in regard to finding work through people you know. I'd give my left nut to have that graphic design situation happen.

Maybe literally.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Olden Polynice wrote:On the bright side you seem pretty lucky in regard to finding work through people you know. I'd give my left nut to have that graphic design situation happen.

Maybe literally.
Thanks for that reality check. :idea:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

iamgoat wrote:Today I also had a chat with my father in law who runs a succesful business in graphic design and offered me a job. So now I’m thinking about taking that on and learn the basics of Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects in one month and prove I can learn new things.
this was an unexpected and delightful turn in the story :xx: i hope it works out well and that ultimately you wind up joining and rejuvenating morbid angel anyway :santa:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people