here is super tuesday despair

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Re: here is super tuesday despair

Post by droidspawn »

:redneck:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

like if you bought a stupid nice jet table saw for $900 or something, maybe then. otherwise it’s just wood and screws and a slab of beveled metal you can sharpen on a rock by the train tracks
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

already getting the "well you have to vote for biden because we have to get rid of the republicans!" spiel from friends :necro:::::::::::::::::

fuck that shit. i'm not a democrat and the democrats have made it abundantly clear over the course of my lifetime that they don't want me in the fold either. if they want to prop up a warmongering senile rapist with no platform and no support under the age of 60 as the last great hope for democracy, that's on them. good luck have fun losing 45 states in the only election in the history of elections that should've been more winnable than 2016, the soon-to-be second-most-winnable election in the history of elections.

the nice thing about this is i no longer have to care about the election so that's 7 odd months of attention and focus suddenly liberated
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

arborist shrub tarkington wrote:no way would it cost that much, the lumber can’t possibly be more than a hundred dollars tops
mayhaps a trebuchet instead :bulb:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

indeed, there are a great many wooden implements of justice that can be employed with a few pooled coronabux contributions. let's not discount the mighty trebuchet!
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Hitoshura wrote:already getting the "well you have to vote for biden because we have to get rid of the republicans!" spiel from friends :necro:::::::::::::::::

fuck that shit. i'm not a democrat and the democrats have made it abundantly clear over the course of my lifetime that they don't want me in the fold either. if they want to prop up a warmongering senile rapist with no platform and no support under the age of 60 as the last great hope for democracy, that's on them. good luck have fun losing 45 states in the only election in the history of elections that should've been more winnable than 2016, the soon-to-be second-most-winnable election in the history of elections.

the nice thing about this is i no longer have to care about the election so that's 7 odd months of attention and focus suddenly liberated
clearly i'm not the most political dude around these parts, but this whole primary was just about railroading sanders so he didn't get the nod from the dnc. i really hope he decides to run as an independent or something, otherwise all my voting this november will be focused at the local level cause i ain't voting for uncle touchy.

with that being said maryland's primary got pushed back to june i believe, if sanders is still on my ballot he's got my vote for whatever that's worth.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Hitoshura wrote:the nice thing about this is i no longer have to care about the election so that's 7 odd months of attention and focus suddenly liberated
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i wish he'd make a third party run too, but the reality is he's too timid to do it. if there's one time it could possibly be viable it'd probably be now, but it's not gonna happen. he'll make good on his pledge to support the nominee and campaign vigorously for biden and the greater liberal media sphere will still spend the next four years shrieking about how he didn't do enough and bernie bros are the reason the doddering racist that didn't actually run a campaign lost. groundhog day: electoral politics edition continues on unabated

weird how almost all of the postmortems i've seen over the last couple of weeks curiously omit the media's complicity in advancing the DNC's position throughout the entire campaign, and particularly in the great consolidation phase. all in good faith though i'm sure.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Hitoshura wrote:i wish he'd make a third party run too, but the reality is he's too timid to do it. if there's one time it could possibly be viable it'd probably be now, but it's not gonna happen. he'll make good on his pledge to support the nominee and campaign vigorously for biden and the greater liberal media sphere will still spend the next four years shrieking about how he didn't do enough and bernie bros are the reason the doddering racist that didn't actually run a campaign lost. groundhog day: electoral politics edition continues on unabated

weird how almost all of the postmortems i've seen over the last couple of weeks curiously omit the media's complicity in advancing the DNC's position throughout the entire campaign, and particularly in the great consolidation phase. all in good faith though i'm sure.
this is the one time i wish he wasn't a good dude and just said fuck it and ran anyway. or maybe biden's old ass just wanders out in the woods and gets lost so bernie gets to run anyway! which might be the only way he'll actually carry on his campaign :homework:

the media was pushing warren hard before biden, i think she'd have been a shit pick too. i doubt he'll make a run for it in 2024 but it'll be interesting to see if anyone takes up his torch and wants to make a difference or just uses those talking points to get elected and does fuck all.
Ninny wrote:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

I guess I could be considered a “Bernie Bro.” For the record it’s such a stupid term considering tons of women support him and you can’t trust identities online. I digress. He’s definitely not infallible like the MAGAtards see dump. For one, as stormy said, he’s way too timid, and bends over backwards to satisfy the dnc and the media most of the time. It’s frustrating to no end. He lacks the killer instinct and he’s just too fucking nice. I think his stance on the filibuster is wrong.

The media and the “super woke” crowd like Alyssa Milano are already trashing Bernie even after dropping out. CNN covered his suspension speech and go “he didn’t offer a full throated endorsement of Biden.” He’s literally said (incorrectly I may add) a million times that he thinks Biden could beat bag of diarrhea inside another, bigger bag of diarrhea and that he will do whatever it takes and campaign for Biden to win. What more do they expect him to do, give joe a quick tug on live tv? The groundwork is already being laid for Biden’s thrashing in November and it’s all Bernie and his “bro’s” fault.

Can’t and won’t vote for him in November. As I said before I voted for the witch cunt in 2016 yet still being blamed for bag of diarrhea inside another, bigger bag of diarrhea winning. Not making the same mistake twice. Fuck’em.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

I really don't want another 4 years of the current shit show but I just can't bring myself to vote for pedo joe. The only good thing he's ever done (that I'm aware of anyway) is give me a few chuckles because of those obama memes.
Ninny wrote:
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

So am I the only person here who doesn't particularly care who the president happens to be as long as the platform doesn't interfere too much (or ideally at all) with my personal life?

If I didn't have access to soundbites and commentary I doubt if I would have had any idea as to whether we had a republican or a democrat in the white house for the entirety of my adult life.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

Skinfection wrote:Bernie Bros are pretty crazy, though. They viciously attack anyone that says anything about Bernie that has even an iota of criticism. They're like the MAGA of the left.

Also not getting as much of the black vote 30 and under vote COUGHvotersuppressionCOUGH as he'd hoped didn't help.

I like, and still like Bernie and was sad to see him drop out. But sometimes it felt like a bunch of shitty fans were ruining a good band for everyone else.
"bernie bros" are an invention of the DNC, an artifact of hilldogg '16 propaganda, amplified by a compliant & sympathetic corporate media establishment over the last four years. the "vicious attacks" are comfortable bluechecks on twitter getting verbally pilloried by dozens of randos for their unabashed support of everything wrong with american politics & policy. the only hardship they've ever endured is being screamed at for being bloodthirsty ghouls. "why are you attacking me, i'm only repeating the science that poors have to die so the stonks line goes up!"

sounds dumb and reductive but it's the animating principle of american governance over the last 50 years. sorry i didn't invent it just merely observing here!

anyway, that absurd caricature of his supporters (rich frat kids that hate women and nonwhites) bears little resemblance to the reality of his actual base of support, which is more diverse along racial and class lines than any other dem in the race. the class division being the key factor, DNC types don't want the poors in their coalition because it clashes with their gravy train of big money donors.

bernie's good in relative terms, but he's deeply flawed (ignoring his back to back losses) and i think most of his left-wing supporters are fully cognizant of that. i know i am. in spite of his rhetoric, he was still an imperialist, he always capitulated to DNC priorities, and he still supported the most recent theft of global wealth currently underway via the CARES act. he was a coward and a failure all told, but he at least understands that change can only come from popular action, and has tried to plant the seeds for that to happen. it's not much, but it's a hell of a lot better than anything else on offer, which is mostly "vote blue no matter who, and when we inevitably fail, blame the other guys for our incompetence!"

anyway i'm trashed and i have no idea what i'm talking about and everything is awful goodnight
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Nick wrote:
arborist shrub tarkington wrote:no way would it cost that much, the lumber can’t possibly be more than a hundred dollars tops
mayhaps a trebuchet instead :bulb:
now there’s an archaic war machine you can set your watch to
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

The whole fucking reason bag of diarrhea inside another, bigger bag of diarrhea even won is because 1/3 of voters decided to not participate. I was not a fan of Hilary and I am sure as fuck not a fan of joe but we seriously can’t put up with another 4 years of this bullshit. Get a dem in and we will work on getting more progressives in the mid terms and the next presidency. And yeah, by all means please vote in your state and local elections. A big reason why bag of diarrhea inside another, bigger bag of diarrhea hasn’t been run out of office is because of all the republican shit heads he has propping him up and refusing to hold him accountable.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:1/3 of voters decided to not participate
i was curious about this so i looked it up. evidently it was even worse -- 44.3% of all voting-eligible citizens did not vote (https://transition.fec.gov/pubrec/fe201 ... ns2016.pdf)

i don't know how many actual registered voters there were in 2016, and i can't find the number quickly so i'm not spending more time looking :santa:

other fun facts:

-the 55.7% turnout is exactly what it was in 2004
-the 2008 election had the highest turnout (58.2%) of our lifetimes
-america hasn't had 60+ percent turnout since 1968

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_tur ... _elections)

how low will it be this year :gay:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

Americans are stupid. This news is not new, sadly.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Skinfection wrote:We need to win the Senate if we really want to get anything done. McConnell especially has go to go if we ever want to have anything nice.
McConnell set a really fucked up precedent. So even if he gets voted out which won't happen because Kentucky, they'll just prop up someone else to keep up that nonsense.

Only really choice is to swing the senate to fix any of that mess. I think the last time Maryland elected a republican senator was in the early 80s. Unless there's some dark horse from southern Maryland looking to make a run we'll probably keep our seats blue.
Ninny wrote:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

coming around to the idea that any solution grounded in voting is destined to fail. i wonder how you achieve meaningful political change but not through voting. it's a mystery probably nobody will ever solve it anyway it would be a shame if someone ever devised an answer to that question and the ruling class just entirely coincidentally started fearing for their lives
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

What we need stormy, and what you seemingly are calling for, is a class “purge.”
User
Metal God

Post by User »

BYEDON
more metal
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

lotta people i talk to on the regular are confident that things are so bad he'll win by default, which IMO is the only thing he's got going. certainly there is a history of massive downturns forcing a changing of the guard, but i don't think there's a precedent for what we're currently experiencing. so my main question is, how relevant is past data to the present circumstances? this was a core component of the logic that ultimately fueled the economic catastrophe of 2006-2010; lots of fancy conflicted commentators shouting "well look at everything that happened before! it all worked out; this will too", but who didn't have the wherewithal to recognize that what was happening in front of their eyes wasn't what came before.

will biden ever start campaigning in earnest? CAN he?! will rich assholes secure in their fancy corporate media posts advocating for him be enough to put him over the top? who knows! seems like betting it all on that plus 'fundamentally agree with the incumbent but differentiate strictly on messaging and aesthetics' is a pretty horrendous strategy though.

PA/MI are among the worst-hit in terms of jobless claims and dems threw them both to the wolves in '16, hoping to make up the difference with some hypothetical constituency of disaffected NoVA republicans that never materialized. doesn't seem like they're changing course this time around but hey who knows
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

I'm convinced he got lost in a room in his house and can't figure out how to get out.
Ninny wrote:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

Nick wrote:I'm convinced he got lost in a room in his house and can't figure out how to get out.
This is the most likely answer hahaha
User
Metal God

Post by User »

Nick wrote:I'm convinced he got lost in a room in his house and can't figure out how to get out.
Nice. And he is trying to communicate that to his family through code during his weird campaign webcasts
more metal
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

:redneck:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

He's practicing his creep on the shower curtain
Ninny wrote:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

Skinfection wrote:Do you think Biden is playing the "sit back and let the GOP destroy itself" card? Because at this point it seems like he can more or less just "fold" his way into a victory with how comically bad Republicans are fumbling literally everything. Especially now that the Tara Reade allegation is all but out the gay man's telescope. Really it'll be down to being able to vote by mail.
i think his campaign would be eager to tout that as the strategy, but the reality is they're sitting back to keep him out of the public eye as much as possible because he only ever damages himself when they put him in front of a camera.

republicans are bad but they are very good at what they do, which is suppressing enough of the vote to hold onto power despite having a tiny constituency nationwide. and with republicans firmly in control of the federal judiciary, their hand is only getting stronger. it would be enormously foolish for the democrats to just assume they can coast to victory because conditions might favor them based on historical precedent. which is precisely why they'll probably do exactly that and lose 47 states.
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

Watched a recent clip of Biden and it wasn't great :oldryan: He should stay away from the camera and hand out pamphlets with his ideas to communicate
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

biden on the breakfast club was just the episode one bidens come to life https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-8687 ... -joe-biden