Crunch

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Crunch

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

I'm jamming some exercise of this kind in these days. I hope they will work to kill the gay belly. :xx:

I do about 30 classic cruch, next I do some only with legs. Some flexions. :pepper:

:sade: :milton:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Mr. P
Ancient One

Re: Crunch

Post by Mr. P »

Gay belly, you mean?

:xx:
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

no :tear: , i meant fat gay belly. I want to be ready for the beach in august. :tvrkey: :gay:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

I used to have a 4-pack up until recently, haven't been eating adequately these past few weeks and I'm taking creatine now, so I lost a bit of detail. :oldryan:

Do double-crunches(same as a crunch but you bring your knees to your face at the same time). :greenie: But if you don't start doing more intense cardio and eating less carbs you won't be able to see much.
baron von blondle
Ancient One

Post by baron von blondle »

i have also been rocking the crunches in this period as well as push ups and curls.

:middleagedspread:
Image Image
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]Peter Theobalds is a full of win.[/quote]
Uros

Post by Uros »

You won't be able to kill the gay belly unless you do cardio, as Lava said. Doing crunches will make your abs stronger, but they don't melt fat.

An excellent cardio exercise is HIIT (which stands for high intensity interval training). It's only 15-20 mins long (unlike your average jogging, which requires 45-60 mins), but it's a lot more intense.

Basically, since you are a beginner, do this:

Jogging casually for 5 mins, to warm up.

Then, do a full sprint (100%) for 30 secs, then jogging for 90 secs (to rest your body). Do this 30-90secs sprint-rest 6-8 times in a row, and then, this is a must, jog for 5mins to cool down your body.

Of course, if you can't do 6-8 sets, do as much as you can, and then build up from there.

Since it's so intense, don't do it more than 2-3 times in a week, and never day after day! At least one day between sessions is required, because your body takes up to 24-48 hrs to recover.

After this, week after week, you should intensify your training regime gradually. I highly recommend this, since I am doing it ('cause I've built me some fat on my hips), and it's really highly effective. Best time to do it is in the morning on empty stomach, or after work with weights. But it's not a must.

<!-- m -->http://www.intervaltraining.net/HiitTraining-30.html<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-inten ... l_training<!-- m -->

edit:

I do about 30 classic cruch, next I do some only with legs. Some flexions
Better start this great program( <!-- m -->http://www.twohundredsitups.com/<!-- m --> ), 30 crunches is weak. I do them as shown in the program for my "upper" abs, and this for my "lower" abs (it strengthens the legs too):

Also, I think you have started waaay too late for an "august beach look" :redneck:

You should have started it like in April or something.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="Uros"]You won't be able to kill the gay belly unless you do cardio, as Lava said. Doing crunches will make your abs stronger, but they don't melt fat.

An excellent cardio exercise is HIIT (which stands for high intensity interval training). It's only 15-20 mins long (unlike your average jogging, which requires 45-60 mins), but it's a lot more intense.

Basically, since you are a beginner, do this:

Jogging casually for 5 mins, to warm up.

Then, do a full sprint (100%) for 30 secs, then jogging for 90 secs (to rest your body). Do this 30-90secs sprint-rest 6-8 times in a row, and then, this is a must, jog for 5mins to cool down your body.

Of course, if you can't do 6-8 sets, do as much you can, and then build up from there.

Since it's so intense, don't do it more than 2-3 times in a week, and never day after day! At least one day between sessions is required, because your body takes up to 24-48 hrs to recover.

After this, week after week, you should intensify your training regime gradually. I highly recommend this, since I am doing it ('cause I've built me some fat on my hips), and it's really highly effective. Best time to do it is in the morning on empty stomach, or after work with weights. But it's not a must.

<!-- m -->http://www.intervaltraining.net/HiitTraining-30.html<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-inten ... l_training<!-- m -->[/quote]

HIIT. :idea: I did it for a while and it really kicks your ass, I almost vomited the first few times, even when I was already in good shape. Start with easy shorter sessions to get used to it! My sprints were 1 minute though, with 1 minute for recovery. So 8 sprints = 16 minutes. That's 8 instances in which you get your heart rate up to the 180's. Tough as fucking balls. I don't do them anymore since I've gotten quite skinny, and they really hampered my lifting which is what I'm focusing on right now.

Now I just do 20-25min of medium-high cardio 3 times a week, but I'm eating enough to not lose weight/strength.
Uros

Post by Uros »

Although I don't do drugs like you :redneck: (in fact, I have only started to train regularly few weeks ago), I think you should drink proteins with dextrose or glutamins or something after hiit. But yeah, if you are satisfied with your look, then just jog to maintain your condition.
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Lavabug"]I used to have a 4-pack up until recently, haven't been eating adequately these past few weeks and I'm taking creatine now, so I lost a bit of detail. :oldryan:

Do double-crunches(same as a crunch but you bring your knees to your face at the same time). :greenie: But if you don't start doing more intense cardio and eating less carbs you won't be able to see much.[/quote]

Also, those crunches when you touch you right elbow to your left knee and vice versa - theyre great for the lats.

AOD - cycle! It's great cardio. And more enjoyable than running IMO

Also cut down on white bread/pasta.

My gay belly is diminishing :greenie:
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

[quote name="MorbidAngle"]

AOD - cycle! It's great cardio. And more enjoyable than running IMO

[/quote]

I do 2/3 hours of Bike every day. Also today. I love it :xx:

thanks a lot Uros :interessant:

Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="Uros"]Although I don't do drugs like you :redneck: (in fact, I have only started to train regularly few weeks ago), I think you should drink proteins with dextrose or glutamins or something after hiit. But yeah, if you are satisfied with your look, then just jog to maintain your condition.[/quote]

Creatine is not a drug. :redneck: Just an aminoacid found in meat that helps you recover faster/endure longer, it also makes you retain up to 2kg of water in your muscles while you still take it(I should've taken a pic of my bicep before and after, the inflation is very visible). I actually felt the effects today for the first time(been taking it for a week), I definitely take longer to get tired. I'm not breaking huge records yet though. :redneck:

Yeah dextrose with protein(and creatine as well) are taken together commonly to help absorb the protein a lot better. But I don't like taking in all that much sugar, I just have my protein in water followed by 1-2 pieces of fruit a half hour later which already has some simple sugars for that purpose(or I blend them all together). The "dextrose+creatine" supplements suck because they have a ton of sugar(40g for every 5g creatine, that's more sugar than a fucking Snickers bar) and if you don't do shit tons of cardio they will make you gain fat.

If you want to lose fat extremely fast just stop eating anything with sugar, alcohol, bread, PASTA(yes!), white rice and even some high sugar fruits and do 20-25 mins of intense cardio 3-4 times a week or HIIT. Instead of pasta/bread and all that shit just eat oatmeal(no sugar), potatoes(boiled/baked), and vegetables.

Just the diet change will make a HUGE difference, I've been training for 2 years -not specifically for fat loss- but I've never lost fat so quickly until I ate like that strictly.
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

my problem is avoiding food. I am not eating junk food in this period, but anyway, I can't avoid pasta at lunch. And the problem is that I get hungry around midnight.

Today I biked about 3 hours. I suppose I did my duty, but no crunches today.

what is the best moment to do them? In these days I did them at 4.30 p.m. Is good also after dinner around 10.00 p.m.??? :god:

Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

I somewhat exercise if you want to call it that. I ride my bike to and from work all the time and around town. It takes me 20 minutes around to get there, and 20 minutes back.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Btw, EAT FAT. Don't cut down on egg yolks, olive oil, fatty fish, or meat. Fats are super important for hormonal function(which you are going to be tampering with with all that exercise) and actually help you lose fat. Eating 2 whole eggs a day(plus more whites if you want more protein) is a good way to get some of the fatty acids you need in a day(you need more, but try getting them from other sources).
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

this is the gay belly:

what I really can't stand are the SIDES. :frown:

:BEER:

Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One

I actually don't have that bad of a belly, it's just I'm just so fucking skinny. :oldryan:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]my problem is avoiding food. I am not eating junk food in this period, but anyway, I can't avoid pasta at lunch. And the problem is that I get hungry around midnight.

Today I biked about 3 hours. I suppose I did my duty, but no crunches today.

what is the best moment to do them? In these days I did them at 4.30 p.m. Is good also after dinner around 10.00 p.m.??? :god:[/quote]

I personally do abs/weights before any cardio, because after cardio I'm too tired. I don't think it matters

You should really try to cut pasta/bread/white rice, I know it's hard but I promise you'll notice the effects very quickly. ;) Eat your meat/fish/whatever with spinach and olive oil + garlic or broccoli instead of pasta, for example. Try those frozen "vegetable cocktail" packages. Buy a kilo of carrots and keep them in the fridge for snacks. :redneck:

At what time do you usually have breakfast/lunch/dinner? Don't go too long without eating. It doesn't really matter if you eat late at night if you're still eating under the calories you need, but it's best to avoid carbs before going to bed.
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Lunch : 12.00/12.30 a.m.

Dinner: 19.30/20.00 p.m.

midnight: some cookies and milk (not always but when I'm hungry I can't resist :greenie: )

no breakfast in this period cause I woke up late :pepper:

Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One

I'd be lucky if I have breakfast, or lunch for that matter.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Aaron himself"]I'd be lucky if I have breakfast, or lunch for that matter.[/quote]
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless