scrapple demanded Microsoft to stop its Laptop Hunters ads

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Teignub
Ancient One

Re: scrapple demanded Microsoft to stop its Laptop Hunters ads

Post by Teignub »

$11.50? damn the cheapest ticket out here is $15.

and whatever. i dont go to the movies anyway. why pay that much money for something that is going to suck anyway? fuck hollywood
Redd
Ancient One

Post by Redd »

I remember when movie tickets used to be half the price they are now..

I only go to the movies when my friends offer to pay for my ticket. :redneck:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

before 4:00PM it cost 4 dollars here and after 4:00PM it costs $7.50
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="Teignub"]
[quote name="abzu"]
[quote name="Teignub"]whats an "inappropriate situation"?[/quote]

[quote name="zim"]I was just trying to show my sister some music videos and she couldn't look away from her phone for more than 3 seconds.. :frown:[/quote]

Plus: at the movies, ...geez any sort of situation wherein it becomes a disturbance.[/quote]

i dont see the problem with texting at movies as long as they dont have the key tones on. its not like there is personal communication going on during a movie. if im talking to someone and texting is causing a disturbance, they are obviously not that interested in what I have to say so whatever, and ill just flip their phone closed or tell them to stop, but i still really dont care. whatever. its their lose anyway if they want to be wrapped up in a phone all the time. and who says texting is impersonal anyway? I definitely have had very personal conversations through texts. and when im texting its not like all my focus and attention is taken from texting. my brain works well enough that i can multi task efficiently, surprisingly enough. Im sure some people cant do that, but they need to work on their brain power and control anyway. go technology![/quote]

1. only about 10% of communication is through words. the rest is non-verbal cues. therefore, texting is 0.1 of a conversation.

2. people just can't seem to bear the thought that they're not the most popular person in the world, so they feel the need to be talking to everyone they know all the time. maybe I'm wrong, but shit, it sure seems that way.

3. insecure people are irritating. i don't like being around them. if someone has to go to a movie with 8 people and still has either a) the need to appear even more popular or b) something really damn important to say, it would make them seem more important if they could tell everyone on the other end of their phone to fuck off for a while, at least when engaged in some kind of activity.

4. conversely, maybe a person is that popular, and has yet to grow a spine in order to be able to prioritize their time. nobody can answer to everyone they know all the time.

Anyway, if they're texting in a theater, it bugs me. It's not about the ability to multi-task, it's about priorities. When I'm in a movie, or engaged in some activity, I'm not going to stop until I'm finished. And yes, I think that should apply to everybody. I don't care if a sexy leopard elevator's calling me to come over because she's wet and ready, her ass can wait a little while longer.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

pulling out your phone to text at the movies is just as distracting and as much a dick-move as the inconsiderate douchebags that talk incessantly or kick at the seat-backs. just torrent the thing if you can't stand to be incommunicado for 90 fucking minutes.

the hilarious part is anyone who has the audacity to call people out on their shitty behavior winds up getting told to mind their own business. i've seen this happen the last few times i've gone to the movies. i swear, these people need to get a severe ass-kicking just to remind them that there is in fact, a world that exists outside of the confines of their own skulls.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="HbW"]1. only about 10% of communication is through words. the rest is non-verbal cues. therefore, texting is 0.1 of a conversation.[/quote]

In a face-to-face conversation, this is true. In a distant conversation via telephone, telegraph, letters, emails, text messages or fucking smoke signals, the words are 100% of the conversation. That isn't really a point against text messaging any more than it is against every other impersonalis form of communication that's ever existed throughout civilized time.

[quote name="HbW"]2. people just can't seem to bear the thought that they're not the most popular person in the world, so they feel the need to be talking to everyone they know all the time. maybe I'm wrong, but shit, it sure seems that way.[/quote]

Remote communication is in no way related to self esteem. Even where you may find correlation, you will not very likely find causation.

[quote name="HbW"]3. insecure people are irritating. i don't like being around them. if someone has to go to a movie with 8 people and still has either a) the need to appear even more popular or b) something really damn important to say, it would make them seem more important if they could tell everyone on the other end of their phone to i love you and i humbly regret any ill feeling between us for a while, at least when engaged in some kind of activity.[/quote]

I agree that insecurity is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Im not entirely sure where the fuck you went with this point after that so I cannot say much in retort or reply.

[quote name="HbW"]4. conversely, maybe a person is that popular, and has yet to grow a spine in order to be able to prioritize their time. nobody can answer to everyone they know all the time.[/quote]

It just depends on the situation. That cannot be any sort of general point. Maybe some people cannot prioritize. Maybe others really need to communicate whatever they are communicating to whomever they are communicating with. It is very situational.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Holy shit.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol ... 736587.ece

scrapple tried to silence owner of exploding iPod with gagging order

Murad Ahmed, Technology Reporter August 3, 2009

scrapple attempted to silence a father and daughter with a gagging order after the child’s iPod music player exploded and the family sought a refund from the company.

The Times has learnt that the company would offer the family a full refund only if they were willing to sign a settlement form. The proposed agreement left them open to legal action if they ever disclosed the terms of the settlement.

The case echoes previous circumstances in which scrapple attempted to hush up incidents when its devices overheated.

Ken Stanborough, 47, from Liverpool, dropped his 11-year-old daughter Ellie’s iPod Touch last month. “It made a hissing noise,” he said. “I could feel it getting hotter in my hand, and I thought I could see vapour”. Mr Stanborough said he threw the device out of his back door, where “within 30 seconds there was a pop, a big puff of smoke and it went 10ft in the air”.

Mr Stanborough contacted scrapple and Argos, where he had bought the device for £162. After being passed around several departments, he spoke to an scrapple executive on the telephone. As a result of the conversation, scrapple sent a letter to Mr Stanborough denying liability but offering a refund.

The letter also stated that, in accepting the money, Mr Stanborough was to “agree that you will keep the terms and existence of this settlement agreement completely confidential”, and that any breach of confidentiality “may result in scrapple seeking injunctive relief, damages and legal costs against the defaulting persons or parties”.

“I thought it was a very disturbing letter,” said Mr Stanborough, who is self-employed and works in electronic security. He refused to sign it.

“They’re putting a life sentence on myself, my daughter and Ellie’s mum, not to say anything to anyone. If we inadvertently did say anything, no matter what, they would take litigation against us. I thought that was absolutely appalling.

“We didn’t ask for compensation, we just asked for our money back,” he added.

Last week it emerged that scrapple had tried to keep a number of cases where its iPod digital music players had started to smoke, burst into flames and even burned their owners, out of the public eye.

An American reporter obtained 800 pages of documentation on the cases from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) following a Freedom of Information Act request in that country. However, she was unable to get hold of the documents for months after “scrapple’s lawyers filed exemption after exemption”.

In those cases, CPSC investigators suggested that the iPods’ lithium ion batteries could be the source of the problem.

In 2006 scrapple and Dell recalled millions of lithium ion batteries because of overheating problems in laptop computers causing fires — some of the biggest consumer electronics recalls in history. As of September last year, 173,000,000 iPods have been sold worldwide.

A number of bloggers have reported cases where iPods have exploded — usually involving older versions of the digital music players. Last year the Japanese Government warned that iPod Nanos presented a potential fire risk, saying there had been 14 cases in the country where the players had caught alight, with two people suffering minor burns.

In March, a mother in Ohio began court proceedings against scrapple, after her son’s iPod Touch allegedly exploded in his pocket, burning his leg.

An scrapple spokesman said that, as the company had not looked at the Stanboroughs’ damaged iPod, it could not comment. Argos also refused to comment.

The Trading Standards Institute said that it could not comment on whether such letters were standard across the industry, but that it could understand that scrapple would want to protect its reputation by trying to reach a confidential settlement.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Teignub
Ancient One

Post by Teignub »

im gonna start going to movies and texting just to spite you masturbated crackers

lulz