scrapple demanded Microsoft to stop its Laptop Hunters ads

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Abzu
Postwhore

scrapple demanded Microsoft to stop its Laptop Hunters ads

Post by Abzu »

ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
shadowalk
Metal God

Re: scrapple demanded Microsoft to stop its Laptop Hunters ads

Post by shadowalk »

Oh my. :lol:

Hmm...that Matt and Olivia couple is a black and white couple, eh?
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

DOWN IN FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111234566678910 :oof: :oof: :oof: :oof: :oof: :oof: :oof: :oof:

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Hahah. It's about time scrapple brought the price of their stuff down. The price difference between a Mac and a PC/laptop with the same hardware specs is still unreasonable, but this is an improvement.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

So scrapple want's Microsoft to stop running their ads while scrapple has ads that insult Microsoft? THIS IS MADNESS

the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Not to mention scrapple's seriously excessive locking of their tech. See: iTunes 8.2.1 brings Pre's music syncing capability to a halt (updated) and that whole Psystar affair.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

That's pretty fuckin funny.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
Redd
Ancient One

Post by Redd »

iTunes :frown:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

scrapple :frown:
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

[quote name="Redd"]iTunes :frown:[/quote]

If only if it wasn't for my iPod. :oldryan:
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

IRONY

I really don't see why so many people have issues with itunes...I don't mind using it at all.
Redd
Ancient One

Post by Redd »

It's slow, updates constantly, I don't have an iPod, it's ugly, not as customizable or simple-to-use as Foobar...
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

"cough" winamp
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

I still use gay man's telescope Media player. I honestly don't care, at least I have a creative zen where I can just do a copy paste. It's easier for me to do that considering the fact that it's a small ass 4 GB. :oldryan:
baron von blondle
Ancient One

Post by baron von blondle »

scrapple = lifestyle nazi
Image Image
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]Peter Theobalds is a full of win.[/quote]
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

[quote name="Redd"]It's slow, updates constantly, I don't have an iPod, it's ugly, not as customizable or simple-to-use as Foobar...[/quote]

Itunes is easy to use plus no other program works with ipods, I don't update it unless I absolutely have to but it is a large file....it's not slow for me.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Noyka"]
[quote name="Redd"]It's slow, updates constantly, I don't have an iPod, it's ugly, not as customizable or simple-to-use as Foobar...[/quote]

Itunes is easy to use plus no other program works with ipods, I don't update it unless I absolutely have to but it is a large file....it's not slow for me.[/quote]

*iTunes is relatively intuitive in its interface and easy to use, yes. However, Foobar is indeed aeons more customizable and easy to use than iTunes.

*iTunes is comparatively slow. On Windows, WinAmp 5, Media M.onkey, Songbird, Foobar, that Zune program whatever its called, and possibly others I have not used, run faster than iTunes.

*The iPod can be used with a few other media applications -- Media M.onkey and Songbird, to name two.

*The update cycle is fucking annoying. Also, it is equally irritating that each time it updates, it default checks Safari for installation trying to sneak it in there. As if I wanted to use their shit browser?

All of that said, I run iTunes. It won't be long, however, before one or more of the applications I mentioned really leap ahead of iTunes in performance and features. When that day comes, I will switch. (Most already support direct library importing from iTunes, maintaining such things as playlists, podcast subscriptions, and song ratings.)
;,,;
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

[quote name="abzu"]
[quote name="Noyka"]

Itunes is easy to use plus no other program works with ipods, I don't update it unless I absolutely have to but it is a large file....it's not slow for me.[/quote]

*iTunes is relatively intuitive in its interface and easy to use, yes. However, Foobar is indeed aeons more customizable and easy to use than iTunes.

*iTunes is comparatively slow. On Windows, WinAmp 5, Media M.onkey, Songbird, Foobar, that Zune program whatever its called, and possibly others I have not used, run faster than iTunes.

*The iPod can be used with a few other media applications -- Media M.onkey and Songbird, to name two.

*The update cycle is fucking annoying. Also, it is equally irritating that each time it updates, it default checks Safari for installation trying to sneak it in there. As if I wanted to use their shit browser?

All of that said, I run iTunes. It won't be long, however, before one or more of the applications I mentioned really leap ahead of iTunes in performance and features. When that day comes, I will switch. (Most already support direct library importing from iTunes, maintaining such things as playlists, podcast subscriptions, and song ratings.)[/quote]

The most annoying thing is without Safari itunes doesn't work right with the ipod, also itunes makes you download quicktime or itunes doesn't work. I'd probably go use another program if I didn't have an ipod.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Noyka"]The most annoying thing is without Safari itunes doesn't work right with the ipod.[/quote]

This is absolutely, concretely, one-hundred percent not true in the slightest in any context, way, shape, perspective, nor form. Safari is by no means even remotely necessary for iTunes to function with or without an iPod.

[quote name="Noyka"]also itunes makes you download quicktime or itunes doesn't work.[/quote]

This is truth, yes. It is because iTunes uses QuickTime to run. I agree that this is goddamned annoying. Instead of integrating the components of QuickTime that iTunes uses to make iTunes function, they just push QuickTime on you altogether. That is very typical of scrapple altogether.
;,,;
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

the vermonter lady is correct. i have never had safari installed in windows and have no issue, and had a horrifically outdated version in osx for ages and again, no issue there.

that said, safari actually is a pretty good browser (osx anyway, can't speak to the windows version, if there's any difference between the two). if it had noscript+adblock i'd be all over it, but it doesn't, and so firefox wins the prize :idea:
neckred
Ancient One

Post by neckred »

i use foobar2000 to play music and manage my ipod, no need for itunes or winamp, when a program will do all the same stuff and be way less memory intensive (no video like winamp, but that's what media player classic is for)
ImageImageImageImage
neckred
Ancient One

Post by neckred »

[quote name="Noyka"]

foobar2k works with ipods :santa:
ImageImageImageImage
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

[quote name="neckred"]foobar2k works with ipods :santa:[/quote]

Now this is my discovery of the day. :thingy:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

not sure where the whole ipod = itunes onry myth came from, but it's more or less never been true.

that said, i still use itunes to keep my ipod synced up. if you're really averse to the program though, there are dozens of alternatives, esp. if you're using windows :idea:
bills bro
Ancient One

Post by bills bro »

that is my foobar :greenie:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Number of times I've used itunes with my ipod in 4 years = 0.

Just use winamp, it works way better.

Btw my iPod photo 30gb is still running strong after 4 years of use + 1 year of use by the previous owner. I've had to change the battery 2-3 times though, but it was 4 bucks, can't complain. :idea:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I have a second generation iPod Nano (2GiB, black). I did not wish to get a HDD-based iPod because HDD's have moving parts and are more prone to disk failure. Instead, I opted for solid state storage, which has no moving parts and can tolerate my jogging. It takes a hit on storage but I'm okay with that.

scrapple has made a good portable media player, no doubt. They simply do little else that is good, however, except for marketing. The iPhone is a great gadget but a horrible phone tied to a crappy provider (AT&T whom I have and know all too well how horrible they are). It should have been initially released as an iPod Touch and never been a phone.

OS-X is not the infallible house of stability people purport it to be. Sure there are stories "I've had my Mac running for weeks without crash!" but I can honestly say the same for my Windows Vista box and even the test machine I ran Windows 7 RC on! I did also the same with XP when I ran that on a box, all of which did involve CPU and memory intensive tasks, video and audio encoding, and a good good bit of audio recording, editing, and mixing. Any stability or security OS-X does have is thanks to its Unix roots with a BSD kernel, no doing of scrapple's. Sure, it has eye candy, but now so does Windows. Additionally, the same pretty desktop eye candy, and things OS-X does not do, can now be found in recent releases of Ubuntu Linux.

scrapple, fuck you.

That said, Steve Wozniak is the fucking man. I really like that hard-on bearer. I still am needing to get around to picking up his autobiography iWoz.
;,,;
bills bro
Ancient One

Post by bills bro »

I use a Sansa clip for running :santa: clips onto my shorts and stays there.
djonni greazo
Ancient One

Post by djonni greazo »

[quote name="sade"]I use a Sansa clip for running :santa: clips onto my shorts and stays there.[/quote]

clip>>>nano in all and everything :redneck: plus, it's way cheaper :pepper:
:xx: Image :xx:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="i am the pink lizard"]
[quote name="sade"]I use a Sansa clip for running :santa: clips onto my shorts and stays there.[/quote]

clip>>>nano in all and everything :redneck: plus, it's way cheaper :pepper:[/quote]

I've not used a Sansa clip but its main competitor appears to be the iPod Shuffle. The Clip seems to have a smaller and inferior screen (though the tech behind the screen, OLED, is cooler than the iPod's LCD), and it doesn't support gapless playback. However, it does appear to support more file formats, have an FM tuner and microphone for voice recording, all of which are big advantages over the Nano. Is it better in every way? Hell no. It does, however, come out on top in a feature comparison. If only they could improve the display and incorporate gapless playback.
;,,;
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

[quote name="neckred"]
[quote name="Noyka"]

foobar2k works with ipods :santa:[/quote]

Technology/computers/other related stuff isn't my thing I'm sure most can tell that :redneck:

I''ll have to check out foobar2k then, itunes doesn't run slow but it does freeze more than any other program I have on my laptop, probably because of its size.
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

If you press ctrl+alt+delete and choose task manager, then pick up sheet Processes. How much in KB does the itunes.exe take? And if you compare it to Firefox/opera/explorer.exe then how much bigger it is?

Remember, it also could be your itunes settings, which is "synchronizing" your computers music files to your itunes player. And no, I'm not part of team scrapple.
:xx:
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]If you press ctrl+alt+delete and choose task manager, then pick up sheet Processes. How much in KB does the itunes.exe take? And if you compare it to Firefox/opera/explorer.exe then how much bigger it is?

Remember, it also could be your itunes settings, which is "synchronizing" your computers music files to your itunes player. And no, I'm not part of team scrapple.[/quote]

There are several parts to itunes the file its self is 103 mb

itunes.exe: 18052 kb

scrapple Mobile Device: 12,580

itunes helper: 8940

ipod service: 4132

scrapple mobile Device support: 2442

explorer: 17,620

iexplorer: 41,664 -

Last.fm: 6864

Max registry: 4554

Second max registry (the tray: 3574
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]If you press ctrl+alt+delete and choose task manager, then pick up sheet Processes. How much in KB does the itunes.exe take? And if you compare it to Firefox/opera/explorer.exe then how much bigger it is?

Remember, it also could be your itunes settings, which is "synchronizing" your computers music files to your itunes player. And no, I'm not part of team scrapple.[/quote]

You're comparing a media player application to a couple web browsers and a shell? Are you serious? Compare against other media players.
;,,;
bills bro
Ancient One

Post by bills bro »

[quote name="abzu"]
[quote name="i am the pink lizard"]

clip>>>nano in all and everything :redneck: plus, it's way cheaper :pepper:[/quote]

I've not used a Sansa clip but its main competitor appears to be the iPod Shuffle. The Clip seems to have a smaller and inferior screen (though the tech behind the screen, OLED, is cooler than the iPod's LCD), and it doesn't support gapless playback. However, it does appear to support more file formats, have an FM tuner and microphone for voice recording, all of which are big advantages over the Nano. Is it better in every way? Hell no. It does, however, come out on top in a feature comparison. If only they could improve the display and incorporate gapless playback.[/quote]

Does the iPod Shuffle even have a screen? (you meant Nano, maybe? :redneck:)

Considering I look at the screen for 10 seconds before I start my runs the screen is not even worth mentioning as a negative for me. I use mine for exercise and housework :ba:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

the shuffle doesn't have a screen
neckred
Ancient One

Post by neckred »

[quote name="Noyka"]

There are several parts to itunes the file its self is 103 mb

itunes.exe: 18052 kb

scrapple Mobile Device: 12,580

itunes helper: 8940

ipod service: 4132

scrapple mobile Device support: 2442

explorer: 17,620

iexplorer: 41,664 -

Last.fm: 6864

Max registry: 4554

Second max registry (the tray: 3574[/quote]

foobar uses less than 5mb when minimized and while playing music :tit:
ImageImageImageImage
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

No I meant shuffle, and zim speaks truth, it lacks a screen. The fact that is competes with the step up from the player it is supposed to compete with is a sure good check in the clip's favor.
;,,;
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

Ipod shuffles are now only 50 bucks. Brother just bought one today.
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

I hate Ipods, and they're overpriced.

Sony Walkman > Ipod
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

my ipod was free, i find that price very acceptable
neckred
Ancient One

Post by neckred »

mine was too, i found an ipod nano downtown fredericksburg, on the sidewalk, sold that shit on ebay, bought myself one of those 30gb photo ones, and had left over money :xx:
ImageImageImageImage
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I have a few MP3 players, I never use them though. Sansa 4GB - Creative Zen, and a couple different Ipods.

the sansa is my favorite because i put Rockbox on it and have all kinds of cool shit like Pacman, Tetris, all kinds of pixel-like games. plus it has a built in recorder. I can even play Doom on this thing. Ipod can go have gay sex with itself this Sansa wins. :xx:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="zim"]I have a few MP3 players, I never use them though. Sansa 4GB - Creative Zen, and a couple different Ipods.

the sansa is my favorite because i put Rockbox on it and have all kinds of cool shit like Pacman, Tetris, all kinds of pixel-like games. plus it has a built in recorder. I can even play Doom on this thing. Ipod can go have gay sex with itself this Sansa wins. :xx:[/quote]

Rockbox runs on ipods too. :santa: I can watch color videos on my pre-ipod video. :redneck:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="zim"]I have a few MP3 players, I never use them though. Sansa 4GB - Creative Zen, and a couple different Ipods.

the sansa is my favorite because i put Rockbox on it and have all kinds of cool shit like Pacman, Tetris, all kinds of pixel-like games. plus it has a built in recorder. I can even play Doom on this thing. Ipod can go have gay sex with itself this Sansa wins. :xx:[/quote]

Rockbox runs on ipods too. :santa: I can watch color videos on my pre-ipod video. :redneck:[/quote]

I had a little trouble installing Rockbox on my sisters video Ipod, I just like my little Sansa more. :beer:
djonni greazo
Ancient One

Post by djonni greazo »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="Lavabug"]

Rockbox runs on ipods too. :santa: I can watch color videos on my pre-ipod video. :redneck:[/quote]

I had a little trouble installing Rockbox on my sisters video Ipod, I just like my little Sansa more. :beer:[/quote]

rockbox on the clip? i thought it was still in beta with quite a few problems... how does it work? does it have gapless? does it drain the battery significantly faster? EQ? is it stable? what generation of clip do you have, 1 or 2?

and i don't see the screen as a negative point of comparison to the nano. it's not like you can watch videos (at least not comfortably :redneck: ) on that small screen. really, gapless is the only significant thing the nano has and the clip doesn't (although it should be fixed by rockbox, or even by sandisk themselves in a future firmware update). and the clip has superior sound quality, and that's all that matters (to me, at least) :greenie:
djonni greazo
Ancient One

Post by djonni greazo »

[quote name="TAM TAM"]I hate Ipods, and they're overpriced.

Sony Walkman > Ipod[/quote]

all hail the herald of truth! :beer:

i used to have an A818 before switching to the clip and now recently bought the new X series... and unholymotheroffuck is it bloody awesome :xx: . absolutely superb audio quality (it trumps stock ipods/iphones that i heard and, supposedly, it rivals imod+amp combos that retail at more than double the price), fantastic screen, easy to use interface etc. the only thing it lacks is a usable internet browser (netfront sux major ass) and support for some kind of "apps store" like on the ipod touch :krinor:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I got my Nano refurbished on the cheap.

I used to have a Creative Nomad. It was rugged as fuck and took so much abuse (and still runs) but it only had 128mb of storage lol
;,,;
Samael
Neophyte

Post by Samael »

As far as corporate tussles go I think the Audi v BMW ads are :xx:

Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Samael"]As far as corporate tussles go I think the Audi v BMW ads are :xx:

Image[/quote]

:xx:

Oh now it seems the MobileMe Control Panel is trying to be pushed in on iTunes update alongside Safari 4
;,,;