Praise to the Continuum!

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Abzu
Postwhore

Re: Praise to the Continuum!

Post by Abzu »

[quote="Dr. Gonzo"]
We have no souls?
[/quote]
Exactly.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Without a soul there would be no love, sadness, happiness, etc. There would be no point in living.
Humor ist nichts nichts Normales, also niemand der normal ist, braucht Humor...Humor braucht man nur, um von sowas tief in einem drin abzulenken, so dieses Gefühl von Unausgeglichenheit, diese nagende, kratzende Leere, die man so in sich spürt.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I realize you're just trolling me, but this is fun.

Every one of those emotions is a chemical reaction and none of it has to do with any point to life. Reason and meaning are things we apply to life. They are not inherent to it.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs
Metal God

Post by Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs »

Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

I don't know where your getting this troll assumption from but it's not my intention.

If you could provide a link to a respectable source stating that the soul isn't connected to these feelings i would be the eyes to see and the ears to hear.
Humor ist nichts nichts Normales, also niemand der normal ist, braucht Humor...Humor braucht man nur, um von sowas tief in einem drin abzulenken, so dieses Gefühl von Unausgeglichenheit, diese nagende, kratzende Leere, die man so in sich spürt.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote="Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs"]

</div>
<div> [/quote]

:xx:
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote="Dr. Gonzo"]
I don't know where your getting this troll assumption from but it's not my intention.

If you could provide a link to a respectable source stating that the soul isn't connected to these feelings i would be the eyes to see and the ears to hear.
[/quote]
You've got the burden of proof backward. For you to assert that emotions are caused by the soul, you have to provide evidence of that causal relationship. However, even a cursory read of any basic neurology or psychology textbook will provide you with references to numerous peer reviewed studies demonstrating the chemical reactions and processes behind these feelings. 
;,,;
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Its ok if you cant back up your statement. :santa:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Yeah, that kind of obvious goading is how I know you're trolling. You could do a very basic search and find the information yourself. It's not exactly esoteric; it's very well established knowledge. This was fun for a minute, but I can't be arsed with either of your possible intents: juvenile trolling or the staggeringly stupid level of willful ignorance.
;,,;
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

The flame is strong with this one ^^
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Here's a little article I found on theory that souls and afterlife may exist. Notice that I din't resort to name calling or any type of defensive behaviour.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans';">By Steven Bancarz|  I recently put together an article laying out all of the evidence for the existence of reincarnation, and a scientific study which validates out-of-body experiences.  There is a wide array of data that exists that would be best explained by inferring the existence of a non-physical soul.  A large barrier people often come up against is trying to understand how the soul could even fit into our scientific understandings of consciousness.  Thankfully, we now have a theoretical framework that explains the existence of the soul and even the afterlife.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans';">According to Dr. Stuart Hameroff, a professor at the University of Arizona, a near-death experience happens when the quantum information that inhabits the nervous system leaves the body and dissipates into the universe.  Contrary to materialistic accounts of consciousness, Dr. Hameroff offers an alternative explanation of consciousness that can perhaps appeal to both the rational scientific mind and personal intuitions.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans';">Consciousness resides, according to Stuart and British physicist Sir Roger Penrose, in the microtubules of the brain cells, which are the primary sites of quantum processing.  Upon death, this information is released from your body, meaning that your consciousness goes with it. They have argued that our experience of consciousness is the result of quantum gravity effects in these microtubules, a theory which they dubbed orchestrated objective reduction (Orch-OR).
<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans';">Consciousness, or at least proto-consciousness, is theorized by them to be a fundamental property of the universe, present even at the first moment of the universe during the Big Bang. “In one such scheme proto-conscious experience is a basic property of physical reality accessible to a quantum process associated with brain activity.”

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans';">Our souls are in fact constructed from the very fabric of the universe – and may have existed since the beginning of time.  Our brains are just receivers and amplifiers for the proto-consciousness that is intrinsic to the fabric of space-time. So is there really a part of your consciousness that is non-material and will live on after the death of your physical body?
<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans';">Dr Hameroff told the Science Channel’s Through the Wormhole documentary: “Let’s say the heart stops beating, the blood stops flowing, the microtubules lose their quantum state. The quantum information within the microtubules is not destroyed, it can’t be destroyed, it just distributes and dissipates to the universe at large.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans';">If the patient is resuscitated, revived, this quantum information can go back into the microtubules and the patient says “I had a near death experience”‘.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans';">He adds: “If they’re not revived, and the patient dies, it’s possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul.”
<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans';">This account of quantum consciousness explains things like near-death experiences, astral projection, out of body experiences, and even reincarnation (which I consider to be the strongest scientific evidence for the existence of a soul) without needing to appeal to religious ideology.  On top of anecdotal evidence, philosophical arguments, and scientific evidence, we now also have a theoretical framework that can accommodate the existence of the soul.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans';">The energy of your consciousness peels away from the physical vehicle at death, in the same way that a pianist can get up and walk away from the piano.  Where the quantum information goes and what it experiences once it leaves the body at death is open for speculation and further scientific inquiry.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans';"> 
http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/new-scientific-theory-explains-the-afterlife-and-the-soul/

Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Almost looks credible :rshot:
;,,;
Aðalsteinn
Metal God

Post by Aðalsteinn »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Abzu" data-cid="541290" data-time="1428726648"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs" data-cid="541260" data-time="1428711721">
<a class="bbc_url" href=">
</blockquote>

:xx:</blockquote>

The NIN cover > :idea:
All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom<br />
and a poom-poom - JUST SHAKE YA RUMP
Metal God

I agree, señor alberto! They did a great job on that song!

Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I am hard pressed to say a cover of Joy Division is better than the original, but I feel pretty comfortable saying that with the nin cover. 

Bush's cover of In A Lonely Place is pretty solid as well. It's the best sounding thing Bush has ever done.
;,,;
Lieutenant Ripley
Ancient One

Post by Lieutenant Ripley »

[quote="Abzu"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Lt. Ellen Ripley" data-cid="541110" data-time="1428597806">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Abzu" data-cid="541101" data-time="1428586363">
<div>
There is no spirit, beyond any metaphorical context. Why do you think ancient times (select a period, but I assume you mean the pre-historical ancient near east) were better than modern times?
[/quote]

No spirit. LOL! That statement in itself is falsified simply by the existence of consciousness. Everything back then was metaphorical, even the existence of Gods. However, now there have been many scientific discussions as well as experiments and articles/books written about the existence of the spirit and the correlation between that and the rest of the concrete. I will leave it up to you to search and find said evidence, yet of course there will be arguments on both sides of coin, as like there is with any scientific/intelligent debate. And I never said those times were better, because like you said those humans went through a lot of bullshit and life expectancy was lower, etc. I am merely thinking in the perspective of the ones who had this higher knowledge in those times, because not all humans at that time were capable of having knowledge of these great splendors. Don't you believe in the Engineers of Life? Their existence is documented and such principles exist today, yet most are blinded by their own chains of flesh. I am simply taking the evidence that is given to me and formulating what I believe due to my own personal experiences.  

</div>
</blockquote>
You've just said some pretty silly things. I'm going to point a few of them out.

1. Consciousness does not prove spirit. Consciousness happens in the brain.

2. Ancient cultures actually believed in gods. They weren't all metaphors.

3. Show me one credible scientific study that proves the existence spirit. 

4. Show me credible evidence of your so-called "Engineers of Life"

</div>
</blockquote>

Consciousness vibrates throughout every living being and beyond, yet it is difficult to just go out and write a scientific study on it because SCIENCE CANNOT EXPLAIN SOMETHING THAT IS UNEXPLAINABLE BY SCIENCE. It's a paradox. Going into the unconscious and etcetera is BEYOND science. There aren't many scientists studying Spiritualism or what is considered 'The Occult', but I have tried to procure some scientific studies that give you a little idea and may give you a chance to evaluate your own skepticism.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/11/11/consciousness-creates-reality-physicists-admit-the-universe-is-immaterial-mental-spiritual/

“A fundamental conclusion of the new physics also acknowledges that the observer creates the reality. As observers, we are personally involved with the creation of our own reality. Physicists are being forced to admit that the universe is a “mental” construction. Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion. The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual.”  – [font=Droid Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:italic;text-align:justify]R.C. Henry, Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Johns Hopkins University ,  “The Mental Universe” ; Nature 436:29,2005) http://henry.pha.jhu.edu/The.mental.Universe.pdf[/font]

“The hypothesis of modern science starts from matter as the basic reality, considering space to be an extension of the void. The phenomenon of creation of stable cosmic matter, therefore, goes beyond the scope of present science. The theory also neither pinpoints the source of cosmic energy that resides in the structure of matter, nor can it explain the cause of material properties that are experienced with the behavior of matter.  These are, in brief, the limitations of modern scientific theories at the most basic level of the physical phenomena of nature. When a scientific theory cannot cope with the question of the very origin of the universal matter and energy, how could it ever grasp and explain the phenomenon of consciousness which is evident in living beings?”[font=Droid Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:justify] – Paramahamsa Tewari http://www.tewari.org/Books/SpititualFoundations/SF%20R12702.htm[/font]

>>>>>http://media.noetic.org/uploads/files/PhysicsEssays-Radin-DoubleSlit-2012.pdf
[font=Droid Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:justify]>>>>> [/font]http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/03/08/10-scientific-studies-that-prove-consciousness-can-alter-our-physical-material-world/

Yes, sure there have been studies, yet humanity still doesn't know the underlying truth of it all, especially you Mr. Abzu and what your skepticism has shown me. I can only do what I must to enlighten the ways of the flesh.

“We will need a physics theory of consciousness and psychotronics, along with more experimental data, and discover the physical mechanisms that lay behind the psychotronic manipulation of matter.”[font=Droid Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:justify] http://www.fas.org/sgp/eprint/teleport.pdf[/font]

And as for spirituality goes... there are many Spiritual societies especially in the USA that have been established since the 1800s, specializing in the experimentation and study/analysis of paranormal phenomenon such as ghost haunting, poltergeist, and even demons possessing people and etc. You cannot dismiss the existence of the spiritual world. It simply exists.

[font=Droid Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:justify]http://webspace.yale.edu/chem125/125/history99/8Occult/CrookesPsychic.pdf as well as  http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/pdfs/1979-precognitive-remote-viewing-stanford.pdf [/font]

The study of Spiritualism and parapsychology has been around for more than a century. Humanity is still has its 'training wheels' on, as far as I'm concerned.

"The committee finds no scientific justification from research conducted over a period of 130 years for the existence of parapsychological phenomena. It therefore concluded that there is no reason for direct involvement by the Army at this time. We do recommend, however, that research in certain areas be monitored, including work by the Soviets and the best work in the United States. The latter include that being done at Princeton University by Robert Jahn; at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn by Charles Honorton, now in Princeton; at San Antonio by Helmut Schmidt; and at the Stanford Research Institute by Edward (sic) May. Monitoring could be enhanced by site visits and by expert advice from both proponents and skeptics. The research areas included would be psychokinesis with random even generators and Ganzfeld effects."[font='Droid Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:justify] (Druckman and Swets, 1988) [/font]http://www.lfr.org/lfr/csl/media/air_mayresponse.html

There are always TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN. 

"The Engineers of Life" is merely a label I have put to the 'Creators'. Most people say God did all the work, yet we may never know unless we meet 'God' face to face and let that presence be known across humanity. (Which in my honest opinion, I don't count on that happening.) I am just an adherent of the Continuum and I respect the ways of the flesh and concrete, yet I know for a fact that there is something more than just physicality going on in this realm, therefore I attune myself to higher frequencies and enlighten myself to knowledge that is safe for only a few. Simple as that.
<p style="text-align:justify;">Humanity has come into an Age of Enlightenment. The New Age as it is called.

[font=Droid Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:justify]http://www.algemeiner.com/2011/08/17/scientists-prove-again-that-life-is-the-result-of-intelligent-design/[/font]
[font=Droid Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:justify]and finally[/font]
[font=Droid Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:justify]https://www.nytimes.com/books/first/d/davies-miracle.html[/font]

Nice knowing you :santa:
Metal God

You're fucking weird. 

User
Metal God

Post by User »

keep mabb weird
more metal
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

YOU'RE PERFECT, YES IT'S TRUE
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:lol::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;,,;
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

oh that's right we posted last night :gay:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

TamPron wrote:I need to pee.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Nick wrote:The fuck is going on in here
Best mabb thread in a long time
This definitely ages my feels :lol:
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

:greenie:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

no memory of this thread at all :alien:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
User
Metal God

Post by User »

trolls live under bridges and are generally grumpy, this is how they cultivate their image, which is expensive
more metal
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:greenie:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Hey abzu :santa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Abzu :xx: