Electric cars

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Grudge
Metal God

Electric cars

Post by Grudge »

I read a very compelling article recently that argues that the electric car revolution may be upon us in as little as 8 years. Do you think this is horseshit or are you already saving up for one?

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/news/ ... e-industry
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Re: Electric cars

Post by Mesarthim »

If I could afford one I would already have one.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAv6M1Bai0c
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Archive: The inram
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

electricity isnt real
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

hmm, i like the idea of electric cars, but i am disappointed that they are universally coupled with hyper-intrusive surveillance platforms

oh well, civilization is doomed anyways
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

I will not buy an electric car until engineers figure out a way to re-charge the battery in as little time as it takes to fill a tank up with gas.

For the past seven years at work I've been driving forklifts that use the same batteries and it's pretty amazing how unreliable they can make a machine that is otherwise essentially a tank. The weather fucks with them, 30 minute charges are a necessity to keep them going but decrease the battery life, they can only go through a certain number of cycles before needing to be replaced, they're extremely heavy (which poses a problem for autos), I'm guessing whatever it takes to manufacture batteries isn't any more environmentally friendly than drilling for oil, etc.

I would have no problem embracing these things if and when they cease to become a political football/profit center for cronies and become practical for ordinary people, but for now that isn't the case imo.