third day back to work from my leave of absence from looking after my mother

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

third day back to work from my leave of absence from looking after my mother

Post by droidspawn »

and a customer gave me the finger. chick working the service desk had to take her 15 minute break and the other one that was supposed to be there called in. so guess who has to cover the fucking service desk again. at 5:30 when literally everyone gets off work and thinks "gee golly i better go to walmart now to return my 17 pieces of clothing, cash this check, receive money/send money." every day without fail from 4:30-8 its busy as fuck up front and there is never enough coverage. and when there actually is, management pulls them to other areas of the store.

so when this chick leaves on her break, theres literally no one at the counter. she leaves and within 2 minutes, 7 customers are in line waiting with just myself working the desk 3 days after a long leave. of course the first customer tries returning a $300 item she bought from another store and paid for with a check (who the fuck does this in 2017? seriously). so instead of just giving her $300 in cash back which i wasnt sure on, because again, this is not my actual position in the store, i radio'd a css (customer service manager) to ask if cash is the correct payout since it was such a high dollar amount or is a walmart gift card the way to go. that customer was super nice and understanding. maybe 5 minutes at most passed by during all this. then i get the 2 css's on the other registers to help me get the line down.

this hard-on bearer wearing a long, black, trench coat looking like a wannabe dylan klebold (columbine school shooter) walks up the counter, slams his phone on the counter "NUMBER", slams his license on the counter "LICENSE"....."MONEY" he shouts and just stands there. I proceed to get this fuck stick his $75 dollars he was picking up. hand it to him and as hes turning and walking away he mutters "was that so fucking hard". as hes walking away i yelled "have a GREAT day sir" and he then flips me off as hes walking away. I flip him back and go "same to you sir". the black hard-on bearer behind him chuckled for whatever reason, whether at my response or the whole situation idk. there were about 10 customers in line at that point that i assume heard and seen everything. no one else said anything to me. who knows if someone will report me to management. i guess i wont find out until friday when i go back.

at this point i really, honestly dont fucking care. whether they discipline or fire me. i'm going to be honest that im tired of being treated like a piece of fucking shit up there. im not making any apologies. if i get fired, maybe itll be the kick in the ass i need to finally go back to school again. whatever happens i know i cant stand shit retail work no matter the $17+ i get. its not enough. i need at least another $5+ an hour to willingly deal with fucktards on a daily basis. I told a coworker what happened and he asked me why i get all the shitty customers. hes seen me get shit on by numerous people first hand. more than anyone else. fuck, even my very first day at this store back in february I was called a racist by this indian for asking a coworker if it was ok for customers to call out on this certain phone up front.

long story short, people fucking suck and i hate all of you. :santa:
zim
Zim(a)

Re: third day back to work from my leave of absence from looking after my mother

Post by zim »

go back to school you cunt

you know what, i'm gonna be a dick real quick just to drive the point home. one time i suggested to you learning some new skills so you might get a better job and you told me your free time was for drinking

so yeah, get fucked and keep being miserable or fucking do something, things ain't just gonna get better on their own
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Re: third day back to work from my leave of absence from looking after my mother

Post by droidspawn »

zim wrote:one time i suggested to you learning some new skills so you might get a better job and you told me your free time was for drinking
I dont remember this. i was probably drunk when i read and responded. or hungover from drinking :oldryan:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Humans suck
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

Web-footed bastards :shakefist:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

This is the exact reason I avoided dealing with people when I worked retail
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

you represent walmart and everyone secretly or not so secretly cannot stand that place

thus they shit all over you

blame megacorp, not the average folks
more metal
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

if everyone hates it so much why the fuck do they shop there
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

jorsh wrote:if everyone hates it so much why the fuck do they shop there
because proletariats are poor and can't afford to buy their necessities at a fancier, more superficially ethical megacorporation
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

also
zim wrote:go back to school you cunt

you know what, i'm gonna be a dick real quick just to drive the point home. one time i suggested to you learning some new skills so you might get a better job and you told me your free time was for drinking

so yeah, get fucked and keep being miserable or fucking do something, things ain't just gonna get better on their own
so, racking up 10's of thousands of dollars in debt might be a solution to get a better job, with which you may or may never pay off that debt, but surely that's not for everyone

find a cheaper trade school maybe? electrical/plumbing/welding or some other regulated profession like that?
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

Yeah i am thinking trade definitely
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Lavabug wrote:also
zim wrote:go back to school you cunt

so, racking up 10's of thousands of dollars in debt might be a solution to get a better job, with which you may or may never pay off that debt, but surely that's not for everyone

find a cheaper trade school maybe? electrical/plumbing/welding or some other regulated profession like that?
I'd rather be in debt working towards a career that doesn't make me want to hang myself every day than not. it's better than not doing anything at all imo. but you are right, that is not for everyone. my point is that everyone should be working toward anything that is going to make their quality of life better.

trade school is also a good idea. I've heard welders are in high demand these days. wasn't scunt recently saying he landed some nice welding job?

really anything that is not retail, fast food, or factory work

I never even planned on going to college but 9 months into working at Walmart made me realize I had to do something to find a job I would enjoy because going to work somewhere you hate every day is fucking soul crushing
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Welding inspector I think it was
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

zim wrote: I never even planned on going to college but 9 months into working at Walmart made me realize I had to do something to find a job I would enjoy because going to work somewhere you hate every day is fucking soul crushing
I just wanted to ram home the point that going to college *just* to improve quality of life is a terrible decision, especially in a country where it ensures possibly lifelong debt that you can't bankrupt yourself out of.

Now, maybe that's ok, like if you don't want to have kids then fuck yeah just pay your debt off as slowly as you can and enjoy the fruits of your labor on other shit and die with debt. YOLO.

But if you're gonna do that, at least do it for a degree that you'll actually feel proud of having completed and because you like it, not just because it's the thing that got timmy and larry a 50k job or because other people tell you to.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

you're completely right

at the time i felt like college was the only way to improve my life because i didn't know what else to do. i did computer science because i wanted to do it (always loved computers) and felt like it was a really smart career goal.

also fuck having kids :redneck:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

there was never any option for me, i was always going to university

jorsh should go, scale back your hours, night school, i don't know
more metal
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

yeah everyone in my family has been telling me to go back for a while now. i just really enjoy being debt free finally.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

zim wrote:you're completely right

at the time i felt like college was the only way to improve my life because i didn't know what else to do. i did computer science because i wanted to do it (always loved computers) and felt like it was a really smart career goal.

also fuck having kids :redneck:
a vasectomy is gonna happen in my pants when I have the money (or if I find out my provider will do it for free, but I doubt it since my deductible is pretty high)

In any country with heavily subsidized college education, as mine was until not long ago, it would've been dumb not to take advantage of it. Though it did involve not being a total fuck up through high school (though many get away with it) and all of college to finish, since public schools there were not degree factories with grade inflation. But anyone that wanted to get a degree could've done so for dirt cheap, if not totally free through scholarship.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

zim wrote:one time i suggested to you learning some new skills so you might get a better job and you told me your free time was for drinking

either i remember this or it seems likely enough that i tricked myself into remembering, but either way it's an :oldryan:

and honestly the thread should have ended here. zim is correct

other people said some good things too

but mostly it's this one thing

:entropy:

:metavag:

:luke:
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

nick, how did you avoid dealing with people when you worked retail
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

Nick wrote:Welding inspector I think it was

wedding inspector
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Verbal wrote:nick, how did you avoid dealing with people when you worked retail
Stockroom and loss prevention :santa:
Ninny wrote:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

except ap is the definition of dealing with people (shoplifters)
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

dealing with the general public is SUCKS
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

Management never said anything to me. Heh
Holocaust
Metal God

Post by Holocaust »

You're not in the clear yet. Be wary :suss:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

in my experience, whatever arbitrary wage supplement you think will make it bearable tends to be sufficient for all of a week or two. the work fucking blows no matter how much it pays, the wage just determines how bearable the rest of your life outside of the job is

getchu some do something else, pronto
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

but jorsh got away with it :gay: