New Console, games ect

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

New Console, games ect

Post by Olden Polynice »

I'm planning on most likely getting a PS4 Pro this year but the slightly lower price of the newest Xbox One keeps tempting me. Is the Xbox terrible or what? I've read about the update issues people have had. Is this just them being lazy or an actual constant ongoing issue? Can anyone let me know what the pros and cons of both are?

I REALLY want Red Dead Redemption 2, what are some other good games I should be looking at purchasing? Mainly after newer ones so nothing like Skyrim or GTA. I always loved bball games but 2k18 kind of makes me want to break things. (Am not a serious gamer and probably will not be playing online although am not dead against it. Fuck micro transactions ect.)

Best thread ever ect
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Re: New Console, games ect

Post by happiness and harmony »

*etc
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

Yeah a ps4 pro is mostly good for red dead, other good games are god of war 4, spiderman and a few more, besides that PC is the way to go. Why would anyone get a xbox one x when the same games are on pc? (most of them at least)makes no sense.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i bought a ps4 (not pro) specifically for bloodblorne but also look forward to playing the final fantasy 7 remake, shadow of the colossus remaster, the last of us, and those drake games
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

the big console wars meme of this generation is that microsoft has no exclusives, i haven't paid terribly close attention but it really does seem like they haven't got much in terms of notable draws to the platform which is quite a reversal compared to last gen. i've never been an ex-box person generally though so i'm probably not a great person to ask.

also if you dislike microtransactions do yourself a favor and forget the idea of playing red dead online, if GTA5 is any indication it's going to be a shit show
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

I've always been Playstation hard-on bearer, it's exclusives have always appealed to me more, and it seems, as far as I can tell, that they are generally of better quality.
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

Hitoshura wrote:
also if you dislike microtransactions do yourself a favor and forget the idea of playing red dead online, if GTA5 is any indication it's going to be a shit show
Yea I hadn't really thought about playing it online. Hopefully the "real" game isn't too short. I kind of like fucking around hunting and taking out all the gangs instead of just sticking to the main missions. I watched a fellating lover finish the main missions again within about 3 hours one night which seemed abit pointless.

Thought there would have been more gamers here for some reason but thanks to all who replied. PS4 Pro it shall be, hopefully the next Elder Scrolls isn't too far off because I can't be fucked starting Skyrim all over again.

Anywho..
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

hmm, they seem to be content to milk skyrim forever and ever. has to be one of the most re-released games out there at this point, i think every platform to exist in the past 6 odd years since it released has received at least 1-2 different versions of it
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

xbox one x is the best console in terms of power

id always recommend people get a ps4 / ps4 pro. much better games on there