Ever lease a car before?

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Paste Human
Metal God

Ever lease a car before?

Post by Paste Human »

Been thinking about getting something different for transportation since my car appears to be entering the dreaded falling apart sequence. I bought it used upfront about five years ago for $9K. I think it had about 90 thousand miles on it, and now it's just over 120 thousand.

I was mulling over options, and since I only drive about 6 thousand miles per year I figured leasing might be practical. It's just that the thought of not actually owning a vehicle seems odd to me, even though I really don't care at all about cars beyond reliability (which makes buying used again an iffy proposition).

I did also recently discover that Nissan makes a bare essentials no-frills sedan for under $12K, which I'm seriously considering looking into :redneck:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Re: Ever lease a car before?

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

It always seemed like a waste of money to me. But I've only ever bought 1 car from a dealership so I pretty much know fuck all about this.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Holocaust
Metal God

Post by Holocaust »

Do you still have to insure and register the leased vehicle and pay for all maintenance costs?

If yes to either of those things, fuck that.
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

It obviously would need to be insured. I'm not so sure about the maintenance side of things, aside from possibly needing to take it to the dealership to have any work done, which could be a deal breaker for me.

My only thought on leasing something would be almost assuredly not having to deal with much in the way of maintenance since it would be a new car, but without having to pay the huge upfront cost that goes with outright buying one. The cost for that isn't prohibitive or anything, but I don't know if I can justify it given how few miles I drive per week.

Basically I just want a car that I almost never have to think about :santa:
Holocaust
Metal God

Post by Holocaust »

Public transportation?
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i lease a 2013 kia picanto from a fellating lover for $250 a month with full insurance and maintenance included. all i pay for is petrol. i killed a dog once and ripped the bumper and foglight off and the insurance job was done in 48 hours, no cash out of hand.
more metal
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

you beat a dog to death with a car bumper :eyes:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I have a leased car.

Toyota Corolla le 2016
$230/month zero down payment
3 year term
36000 mile limit or 12000 miles a year
I used approximately 7000 miles last year.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i aint leased no car, i probably could though as i don't really drive much