the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69827
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby morbid board eli » 01 Feb 2018, 07:10

this is a mad foreskin fungus like good episode of television

:santa:
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45268
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby Abzu » 01 Feb 2018, 07:19

Yes indeed it mad foreskin fungus like much is.
User avatar
TamPron
Metal God
Posts: 16584
Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
Location: Rod Stewart
Contact:

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby TamPron » 01 Feb 2018, 07:19

:santa:
User avatar
Hitoshura
Metal God
Posts: 18777
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby Hitoshura » 01 Feb 2018, 07:42

extremely correct
User avatar
zim
Postwhore
Posts: 20739
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: US

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby zim » 01 Feb 2018, 12:52

loved this episode, heart breaking :eyes: i really thought it was interesting how people without that memory implant thing were cast down

ending reminded me of Pi
User avatar
Josh
Postwhore
Posts: 40122
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: Wouldst thou like the taste of butter and pretty dress? Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby Josh » 01 Feb 2018, 18:02

His wife is hot as hell
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69827
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby morbid board eli » 01 Feb 2018, 18:17

that was my takeaway too
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69827
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby morbid board eli » 01 Feb 2018, 18:21

zim wrote: i really thought it was interesting how people without that memory implant thing were cast down


do you think? it’s only the one woman at the dinner party, and she had her grain stolen

i appreciate that they didn’t make her some flowy-skirted hippie stereotype who rambled on about evil implants and corporations and such like. it seemed more like a fait accompli that everyone in this world has the implant
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
Holocaust
Metal God
Posts: 10675
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
Location: Your mom

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby Holocaust » 01 Feb 2018, 19:41

Airport security checking his memories was a nice touch
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69827
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby morbid board eli » 01 Feb 2018, 20:13

:idea:

i appreciated that they never came back to that -- the implications of it -- at all. this episode is full of little touches with horrifying implications that are never explored, because they don't serve the story

in fact this is the first black mirror episode i really enjoyed, in large part because the scenario remains secondary to the characters

well done black mirror :beer: now if i can only find the time to watch the remaining 16 episodes :oldryan:
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
zim
Postwhore
Posts: 20739
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: US

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby zim » 02 Feb 2018, 04:58

morbid board eli wrote:
zim wrote: i really thought it was interesting how people without that memory implant thing were cast down


do you think? it’s only the one woman at the dinner party, and she had her grain stolen

i appreciate that they didn’t make her some flowy-skirted hippie stereotype who rambled on about evil implants and corporations and such like. it seemed more like a fait accompli that everyone in this world has the implant


its been awhile since i've seen the episode but i remember the other people at the table (one person especially) acting somewhat disgusted with the fact that she was missing her grain. in my head it seemed like that society probably thought it was taboo not to have a grain. in the opening scene the hard-on bearer going through airport security has to playback his recent memories, kind of makes you think someone without a grain would go through a lot of hassle at a security check like that.
User avatar
Holocaust
Metal God
Posts: 10675
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
Location: Your mom

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby Holocaust » 02 Feb 2018, 08:14

morbid board eli wrote::idea:

i appreciated that they never came back to that -- the implications of it -- at all. this episode is full of little touches with horrifying implications that are never explored, because they don't serve the story


This is what makes it the best episode of them all, really. Others are fine but the spirit of this series is contained here :santa:
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69827
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Postby morbid board eli » 02 Feb 2018, 08:38

zim wrote:
morbid board eli wrote:
zim wrote: i really thought it was interesting how people without that memory implant thing were cast down


do you think? it’s only the one woman at the dinner party, and she had her grain stolen

i appreciate that they didn’t make her some flowy-skirted hippie stereotype who rambled on about evil implants and corporations and such like. it seemed more like a fait accompli that everyone in this world has the implant


its been awhile since i've the grains the episode but i remember the other people at the table (one person especially) acting somewhat disgusted with the fact that she was missing her grain. in my head it seemed like that society probably thought it was taboo not to have a grain. in the opening scene the hard-on bearer going through airport security has to playback his recent memories, kind of makes you think someone without a grain would go through a lot of hassle at a security check like that.


the other person at the table worked for the company that makes the grains :santa:
Holocaust wrote:super dickton

Return to “Necro's Bar”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest