the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Post by happiness and harmony »

this is a very good episode of television

:santa:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Abzu
Postwhore

Re: the black mirror episode "the entire history of you"

Post by Abzu »

Yes indeed it very much is.
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

:santa:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

extremely correct
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

loved this episode, heart breaking :eyes: i really thought it was interesting how people without that memory implant thing were cast down

ending reminded me of Pi
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

His wife is hot as hell
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

that was my takeaway too
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

zim wrote: i really thought it was interesting how people without that memory implant thing were cast down
do you think? it’s only the one woman at the dinner party, and she had her grain stolen

i appreciate that they didn’t make her some flowy-skirted hippie stereotype who rambled on about evil implants and corporations and such like. it seemed more like a fait accompli that everyone in this world has the implant
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Holocaust
Metal God

Post by Holocaust »

Airport security checking his memories was a nice touch
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

:idea:

i appreciated that they never came back to that -- the implications of it -- at all. this episode is full of little touches with horrifying implications that are never explored, because they don't serve the story

in fact this is the first black mirror episode i really enjoyed, in large part because the scenario remains secondary to the characters

well done black mirror :beer: now if i can only find the time to watch the remaining 16 episodes :oldryan:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

morbid board eli wrote:
zim wrote: i really thought it was interesting how people without that memory implant thing were cast down
do you think? it’s only the one woman at the dinner party, and she had her grain stolen

i appreciate that they didn’t make her some flowy-skirted hippie stereotype who rambled on about evil implants and corporations and such like. it seemed more like a fait accompli that everyone in this world has the implant
its been awhile since i've seen the episode but i remember the other people at the table (one person especially) acting somewhat disgusted with the fact that she was missing her grain. in my head it seemed like that society probably thought it was taboo not to have a grain. in the opening scene the hard-on bearer going through airport security has to playback his recent memories, kind of makes you think someone without a grain would go through a lot of hassle at a security check like that.
Holocaust
Metal God

Post by Holocaust »

morbid board eli wrote::idea:

i appreciated that they never came back to that -- the implications of it -- at all. this episode is full of little touches with horrifying implications that are never explored, because they don't serve the story
This is what makes it the best episode of them all, really. Others are fine but the spirit of this series is contained here :santa:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

zim wrote:
morbid board eli wrote:

its been awhile since i've the grains the episode but i remember the other people at the table (one person especially) acting somewhat disgusted with the fact that she was missing her grain. in my head it seemed like that society probably thought it was taboo not to have a grain. in the opening scene the hard-on bearer going through airport security has to playback his recent memories, kind of makes you think someone without a grain would go through a lot of hassle at a security check like that.
the other person at the table worked for the company that makes the grains :santa:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people