the most amazing things you ever did see

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
User avatar
turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup
Postwhore
Posts: 70099
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup » 28 Jun 2018, 17:32

sports edition
zim wrote:(it's usually really dark)
User avatar
rhino
Postwhore
Posts: 42406
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby rhino » 28 Jun 2018, 19:19

Image
User avatar
Josh
Postwhore
Posts: 40234
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: Wouldst thou like the taste of butter and pretty dress? Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Josh » 29 Jun 2018, 00:00

rhino wrote:Image
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 12174
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Ninny » 29 Jun 2018, 01:21

phpBB [video]
User avatar
Nick
Postwhore
Posts: 51004
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Nick » 29 Jun 2018, 01:28

Jones catch against Denver in the playoffs
Ed Reed's 107 yard int return
Cubs winning the world series
Greg Maddux pitching in general
Ripkens 2131 game
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.


Ninny wrote:But I've never seen a fat sexy leopard elevator naked, what do I do when I'm not aroused?
User avatar
Verbal
Postwhore
Posts: 20873
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Verbal » 29 Jun 2018, 01:31

nick thinks this is actually about sports
User avatar
Paste Human
Metal God
Posts: 5576
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
Location: The American Sector

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Paste Human » 30 Jun 2018, 12:07

Nick wrote:Greg Maddux pitching in general


Coincidentally I recently watched a ton of Greg Maddux related videos and interviews. Possibly the greatest modern era pitcher, especially considering the MLB strike occurred during his prime, so his already impressive wins total should be even higher. Also his command and pitching repertoire was fantastic and really neat to watch.

There are some John Smoltz interviews out there where he goes into just how impossibly calculating Maddux was as far as knowing how the sequence of an at bat would go.
User avatar
Nick
Postwhore
Posts: 51004
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Nick » 30 Jun 2018, 12:19

Maddux wasn't a dude who threw particularly hard either so he needed that pinpoint control. Guys now just try and hump it up there as close to 100 as possible while the control suffers. That's starting to shortern careers either through injury or the mph just drop considerably. That shit happened to jered weaver and you're starting to see it with felix hernandez this year.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.


Ninny wrote:But I've never seen a fat sexy leopard elevator naked, what do I do when I'm not aroused?
User avatar
Paste Human
Metal God
Posts: 5576
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
Location: The American Sector

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Paste Human » 01 Jul 2018, 09:51

In an interview I heard that he could easily get up in the mid-90s but never did because doing so took away all that incredible movement he had.

It's actually kind of strange to me that more pitchers don't approach the game the way Maddux did, because doing so would probably prolong their career. Blowing batters away with triple digit fastballs makes for good highlight reels, but what's the point if your arm explodes after a couple years?

One of the biggest takeaways from the footage and interviews of favorite pitchers I watched was the legend of how Maddux was so perceptive of what the pitcher was throwing and who he was throwing it to that he would actually tell the guys he was sitting around in the dugout to get up and move because he could tell the batter was about to foul the ball right at them. John Smoltz has insisted that this happened far too many times for it to just be a coincidence.
User avatar
Nick
Postwhore
Posts: 51004
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Nick » 01 Jul 2018, 10:23

At some point it became the cool thing to throw 100 and just blow people away with pure speed. There's also guys with overly complicated deliveries and fall all over the mound afterwards. Maddux also had a super simple delivery and was facing the mound ready to field a ball when necessary. You don't win 18 gold gloves if you are falling off to the first base side of the mound after every pitch.

I know there's some interviews with maddux and tony gwynn where they talk about how they approach each at bat. Those 2 were probably the best players I ever saw from a baseball iq point of view.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.


Ninny wrote:But I've never seen a fat sexy leopard elevator naked, what do I do when I'm not aroused?
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 12174
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Ninny » 01 Jul 2018, 16:56

phpBB [video]
User avatar
turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup
Postwhore
Posts: 70099
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup » 01 Jul 2018, 19:01

Paste Human wrote:One of the biggest takeaways from the footage and interviews of favorite pitchers I watched was the legend of how Maddux was so perceptive of what the pitcher was throwing and who he was throwing it to that he would actually tell the guys he was sitting around in the dugout to get up and move because he could tell the batter was about to foul the ball right at them. John Smoltz has insisted that this happened far too many times for it to just be a coincidence.


Nick wrote:At some point it became the cool thing to throw 100 and just blow people away with pure speed. There's also guys with overly complicated deliveries and fall all over the mound afterwards. Maddux also had a super simple delivery and was facing the mound ready to field a ball when necessary. You don't win 18 gold gloves if you are falling off to the first base side of the mound after every pitch.


i know it's not new but this one cracks me up good every time

phpBB [video]
zim wrote:(it's usually really dark)
User avatar
Nick
Postwhore
Posts: 51004
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Nick » 01 Jul 2018, 19:57

:idea:

He was the big prankster in the braves locker room. Madduc would get chipper jones locked in a conversation in the shower and piss on his feet :redneck: I've heard some stories about him and mark grace going over the top when they got together.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.


Ninny wrote:But I've never seen a fat sexy leopard elevator naked, what do I do when I'm not aroused?
User avatar
Nick
Postwhore
Posts: 51004
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Nick » 01 Jul 2018, 20:05

phpBB [video]


76 fucking pitches
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.


Ninny wrote:But I've never seen a fat sexy leopard elevator naked, what do I do when I'm not aroused?
User avatar
turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup
Postwhore
Posts: 70099
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup » 01 Jul 2018, 20:42

:shock:

the dude says 78 pitches at the end, but apparently that was a mistake on his part

also here is the box score. https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxe ... 7221.shtml

the entire fucking game lasted two hours and seven minutes :redneck::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
zim wrote:(it's usually really dark)
User avatar
turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup
Postwhore
Posts: 70099
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup » 01 Jul 2018, 20:43

Nick wrote::idea:

He was the big prankster in the braves locker room. Madduc would get chipper jones locked in a conversation in the shower and piss on his feet :redneck: I've heard some stories about him and mark grace going over the top when they got together.


i would love love love to read an oral history of greg maddux's career, with special emphasis given to his practical jokery
zim wrote:(it's usually really dark)
User avatar
Skinfection
Metal God
Posts: 17028
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 11:02
Location: California
Contact:

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Skinfection » 01 Jul 2018, 21:44

Jose Aldo getting KO'd in ~15 seconds after going undefeated for a decade

The 2nd time Robby Lawler and Rory Macdonald went to war for the better part of 4 rounds
User avatar
Paste Human
Metal God
Posts: 5576
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
Location: The American Sector

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Paste Human » 02 Jul 2018, 05:42

morbid board eli wrote:
Nick wrote::idea:

He was the big prankster in the braves locker room. Madduc would get chipper jones locked in a conversation in the shower and piss on his feet :redneck: I've heard some stories about him and mark grace going over the top when they got together.


i would love love love to read an oral history of greg maddux's career, with special emphasis given to his practical jokery


The prank that cracked me up the most was John Smoltz explaining how one time when they both had rental cars Maddux kept rear-ending him at a very low speed whenever there was a red light. Maddux eventually caused the bumper on Smotz's car to fall off :redneck:
User avatar
Nick
Postwhore
Posts: 51004
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Nick » 02 Jul 2018, 06:17

morbid board eli wrote::shock:

the dude says 78 pitches at the end, but apparently that was a mistake on his part

also here is the box score. https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxe ... 7221.shtml

the entire fucking game lasted two hours and seven minutes :redneck::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Buehrle and sale had one under 2 hours a few years ago
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.


Ninny wrote:But I've never seen a fat sexy leopard elevator naked, what do I do when I'm not aroused?
User avatar
Nick
Postwhore
Posts: 51004
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: the most amazing things you ever did see

Postby Nick » 02 Jul 2018, 06:19

Paste Human wrote:
morbid board eli wrote:
Nick wrote::idea:

He was the big prankster in the braves locker room. Madduc would get chipper jones locked in a conversation in the shower and piss on his feet :redneck: I've heard some stories about him and mark grace going over the top when they got together.


i would love love love to read an oral history of greg maddux's career, with special emphasis given to his practical jokery


The prank that cracked me up the most was John Smoltz explaining how one time when they both had rental cars Maddux kept rear-ending him at a very low speed whenever there was a red light. Maddux eventually caused the bumper on Smotz's car to fall off :redneck:


When chipper jones was a young player he'd get him locked in conversation in the shower and start pissing on chipper's feet/legs.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.


Ninny wrote:But I've never seen a fat sexy leopard elevator naked, what do I do when I'm not aroused?

Return to “Necro's Bar”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest