Never played Shenmue so pre-ordered HD version

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Grudge
Metal God

Never played Shenmue so pre-ordered HD version

Post by Grudge »

This will be Shenmue 1 and 2 bundle for HD version for PC coming out Aug 21st. Now I'll be able to see what the hype was about.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Re: Never played Shenmue so pre-ordered HD version

Post by jawn galliano »

one of my friends has been hassling me to get this but it seems like such a huge time commitment :homework:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

update: i agreed to purchase this in exchange for said fellating lover logging my FFXIV character on to do a bunch of grindy shit i don't have the patience for

soon i too will be able to see as well :bulb:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Hitoshura wrote:update: i agreed to purchase this in exchange for said fellating lover logging my FFXIV character on to do a bunch of grindy shit i don't have the patience for
:redneck: guilty of this
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

it was a very weird trade in that i got something in exchange for buying something i was probably gonna buy anyway. patience and restraint paid off on this one :cool:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i was a huge shenmue fanboy wow

back in the dreamcast days, also around the time i joined mabb. the original is a really fantastic game, it didn't live up to the hype but it is one of those games very evocative of a certain time, place etc. varied gameplay, great characters. i loved it as a teenager. also cos i was doing judo and was all up in that japan shit.

i never played the sequel though-- maybe i should download this pack you speak of
more metal
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

This is not available right now. You have to buy it and it's not out before Aug 21st
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

This has been released. I am downloading it on Steam now. This should keep me occupied enough until Thanksgiving, when discounts come in and I'll be able to buy my first PC in more than a decade.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

played through the first day and it will take some adjustment, mainly due to the early 3d/resident evil style movement controls. it's a straight no-frills port. i am assuming they've lost the original source assets because the audio is still super-compressed

that said i am intrigued and looking forward to spending more time with it
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

shenmue is shite