g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, triple the word value (hey dusty)

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 12176
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, triple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby Ninny » 30 Oct 2018, 00:43

A Scrabble whizz has won his fourth world championship - playing the word "groutier" to win the title. Nigel Richards, 51 and from New Zealand, beat Californian Jesse Day in the final at the Westfield centre in west London on Sunday. Groutier - which means more cross, sulky or sullen - scored 68 points.

Mr Richards, who also won the French-language title this year :bulb:::: said: "It was a closely fought championship and Jesse was a very impressive opponent."

Mr Richards' other high-scoring words in the final included zonular, which means like a zone and earned 100 points, and phenolic, a synthetic resin, which earned 84 points. His opponent scored 95 points with maledict, which means to utter a curse against, but Mr Richards won by 575 points to 452. The prize pool for the tournament was £15,500 ($20,000).

Mr Richards, who began playing Scrabble in 1995. previously won the world championship in 2007, 2011 and 2013. He also claimed victory in the French Scrabble championship in 2015 :bulb:
User avatar
turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup
Postwhore
Posts: 70099
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, tripple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup » 30 Oct 2018, 00:45

i haven't played scrabble in years :eyes: i need to get back in the groove somehow. it may be the most fun puzzle game of all :bulb:
zim wrote:(it's usually really dark)
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 12176
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, tripple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby Ninny » 30 Oct 2018, 00:45

I was a decent scrabble player myself :idea: Now I have no one to play with :eyes:
User avatar
Nick
Postwhore
Posts: 51010
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, tripple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby Nick » 30 Oct 2018, 00:47

Carry it around and challenge strangers
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.


Ninny wrote:But I've never seen a fat sexy leopard elevator naked, what do I do when I'm not aroused?
User avatar
turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup
Postwhore
Posts: 70099
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, tripple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup » 30 Oct 2018, 00:47

Ninny wrote:Mr Richards, who also won the French-language title this year :bulb::::


i could say show-off but grandstander would be worth far more points :brushteeth:
zim wrote:(it's usually really dark)
User avatar
turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup
Postwhore
Posts: 70099
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, tripple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup » 30 Oct 2018, 00:47

Ninny wrote:I was a decent scrabble player myself :idea: Now I have no one to play with :eyes:


i bet j and k are worth one point each in dutch scrabble :redneck:
zim wrote:(it's usually really dark)
User avatar
Nick
Postwhore
Posts: 51010
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, triple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby Nick » 30 Oct 2018, 00:48

turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup wrote:
Ninny wrote:Mr Richards, who also won the French-language title this year :bulb::::


i could say show-off but grandstander would be worth far more points :brushteeth:


Grandstanderator is more
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.


Ninny wrote:But I've never seen a fat sexy leopard elevator naked, what do I do when I'm not aroused?
User avatar
turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup
Postwhore
Posts: 70099
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, triple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup » 30 Oct 2018, 00:49

gradstanderatorest of them all
zim wrote:(it's usually really dark)
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 12176
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, tripple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby Ninny » 30 Oct 2018, 00:50

turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup wrote:
Ninny wrote:I was a decent scrabble player myself :idea: Now I have no one to play with :eyes:


i bet j and k are worth one point each in dutch scrabble :redneck:

Both worth 4 points :shock:
User avatar
turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup
Postwhore
Posts: 70099
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, triple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup » 30 Oct 2018, 00:54

that is bananas :shock: you must get several of them in the bag then, not just one each
zim wrote:(it's usually really dark)
User avatar
iamgoat
Metal God
Posts: 6139
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Location: a mountain somewhere

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, tripple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby iamgoat » 30 Oct 2018, 11:41

Nick wrote:Carry it around and challenge strangers


:lol:
:grimb:
User avatar
User
Metal God
Posts: 8966
Joined: 14 Aug 2014, 13:18
Location: Unknown

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, triple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby User » 30 Oct 2018, 12:22

scrabble is the only board game i am genuinely good at, and that is only because both my parents played it with me since i was four years old

i had already read this news :redneck:

it was an interesting game, pro games always are, i could never compete as my memory is too shit
more metal
User avatar
Josh
Postwhore
Posts: 40243
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: Wouldst thou like the taste of butter and pretty dress? Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, triple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby Josh » 30 Oct 2018, 13:32

my mother loved scrabble. we played it all the time

thanks ninny :tear: :tear: :tear:
User avatar
zim
Postwhore
Posts: 20864
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: US

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, tripple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby zim » 30 Oct 2018, 18:49

turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup wrote:i haven't played scrabble in years :eyes: i need to get back in the groove somehow. it may be the most fun puzzle game of all :bulb:


the words with friebitchnds game/app is really awesome. you can play scrabble with other people who have it on their phone and have ongoing games at all times :idea:
User avatar
turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup
Postwhore
Posts: 70099
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, triple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby turd monsoon 2: low-pressure buildup » 05 Nov 2018, 16:05

but then i would be on my phone more
zim wrote:(it's usually really dark)
User avatar
User
Metal God
Posts: 8966
Joined: 14 Aug 2014, 13:18
Location: Unknown

Re: g-r-o-u-t-i-e-r, triple the word value (hey dusty)

Postby User » 05 Nov 2018, 17:56

i do not install games on my phone, it is a rule i invented when i got my first smart phone in 2012 and have stuck to ever since
more metal

Return to “Necro's Bar”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests