Venezuela

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Grudge
Metal God

Venezuela

Post by Grudge »

What are your opinions on the Venezuelan situation?
shadowalk
Metal God

Re: Venezuela

Post by shadowalk »

I hear they're really fucked. No electricity :oldryan:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

It’s sad.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

important to note that the blackout is almost certainly caused by CIA/state department-aided sabotage

they're repeating reagan's dirty wars playbook verbatim (right down to the personnel involved) and it's absolutely infuriating to see western media marching in lockstep with the administration. the fact that ostensibly serious journalists at respected outlets take the party line of "delivering humanitarian aid" at face value, without a single critical evaluation of why maduro might not allow said "aid" in when it's being delivered by a hostile power that has openly and plainly stated its intention to overthrow him, tells you pretty much everything you need to know with respect to where those journalists & institutions' priorities lie.

not that any of this is new, we've seen the same patterns in flimsy humanitarian pretexts for invasions & lapdog media dutifully disseminating pro-war propaganda conflict after conflict, nothing ever changes and it feels like it never will
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

The Ultimate wrote:What are your opinions on the Venezuelan situation?
They all should be nuked from existence. No mercy on those starving masturbated crackers plaguing my beloved country, all day preaching on how Venezuela is like paradise, yet they came here to play poor little fella suffering from Maduro's tyrannical regime.

Local commies stood against Pinochet's dictatorship, even made attempts on his life, yet those venezuelan bastards run like rats leaving ship, unable to defend their so-called "nation".

I wish them nothing but death.
Wide open 'til you see God, then BRAKE!

Kevin Schwantz #34 - Team Suzuki Lucky Strike
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Hey Stormy, have you read this article

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/10/worl ... _NkSztRAxA
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

We should send bag of diarrhea inside another, bigger bag of diarrhea and his entire administration there. All expenses paid vacation courtesy of the American taxpayers
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

The Ultimate wrote:Hey Stormy, have you read this article

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/10/worl ... _NkSztRAxA
no i missed this one. took them two weeks to come around to (kind of?) concede the point when the 'maduro torches humanitarian aid' story was debunked pretty much immediately as it happened. skimming the text they're of course they're mostly careful to stick to the US government-approved script. the main purpose of the article seems to be to bolster the idea of NYT as a credible, skeptical and level-headed observer without offering any substantial critique of the US' actions.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i confess to not being informed enough to offer an opinion i am confident about when it comes to venezuala, it is complicated and requires some reading
more metal
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

User wrote:i confess to not being informed enough to offer an opinion i am confident about when it comes to venezuala, it is complicated and requires some reading
Here's an informed opinion about venezuelans:

Nobody wants them in Brazil.
Nobody wants them in Ecuador.
Nobody wants them in Perú.
I said enough about what we Chileans feel about them fuckwads.
Shit, not even Colombians want them, and they're neighbors and stuff.

Off with their heads, I say. Enough of their putrid bolivarian dream and their rotten people.

Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Don't cut yourself on all that edge.

Maduro's government was bad. But Western powers continually sabotaging it certainly isn't very nice, and it shows how little they actually believe in democracy when sovereign nations don't bend over to corporate interests and hand over their natural resources. The propaganda in the media is clear as day and mainstream US democrats paying lip service to forced regime change is disgraceful but not entirely unpredictable. Fuck Joe Biden and the rest of those imperialist bootlickers.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Hmm, I am curious about H4T3M4CH1N3's view on things. I mean, he does actually live in South America so his perspective may somewhat differ from what the international news outlets are saying.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Honestly his take is indistinguishable from that of your average republican, so tune into fox news if you're into that sort of rambling.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

That's an American local news outlet and I'm under the impression that their news material is much more candy-coated than what CNN, BBC, Reuters, and the like are saying.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Fox news regularly hosts charlatans like the late Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson who are on record for urging the US government to assassinate democratically elected leaders in South America and overthrow their governments and engage in nuclear first strikes elsewhere.
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

Maduro's regime is just like Allende's period in the seventies. People have rights only if they're like friends of him and his circle. Everyone else is fucked, having nothing to eat and buy, not even gas. On the other side, the masturbated crackers who abandoned ship like rats are mostly neo-liberalism supporters who are desperately crying for T.rump's intervention.

The thing is, we all know your president can't afford to begin World War 3 and send us all to nuclear extinction because Venezuela is backed by ruskies and chinks. So it's either having the armed forces leaving Maduro in the open or keep this everflowing stream of scum migrants reaching for other countries, basically breaking other economies by working for practically half the pay locals consider decent.

Now you tell me what's worse.

Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Ok, you've made your point, so shut the fuck up already.
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

The Ultimate wrote:Ok, you've made your point, so shut the fuck up already.
No, you shut the fuck up. You must be one of those commie/bolivarian cocksuckers, who preach against intervention while the average splendid mate of mine (Who is desperately crying for it) is starving to death, has no basic needs solved and is left to die in his own country.

Yeah, the anti-Maduro shit is all tailored to meet USA's needs (Yeah right, free world my balls, you pesky masturbated crackers) Still, Maduro is a piece of shit and needs a .45 full of "freedom" right between the eyes.

jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

buddy what on earth do you think a US invasion is going to do to improve the living conditions of the average person. the whole god damned point is to wrest control of the oil reserves & production infrastructure from the state and hand it over to western oil interests. they've explicitly stated as much! they don't even care to maintain the flimsy humanitarian pretext anymore!
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

Hitoshura wrote:buddy what on earth do you think a US invasion is going to do to improve the living conditions of the average person. the whole god damned point is to wrest control of the oil reserves & production infrastructure from the state and hand it over to western oil interests. they've explicitly stated as much! they don't even care to maintain the flimsy humanitarian pretext anymore!
I'm not your buddy, pal.

You clearly didn't read the 2nd part of my rant above.

jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

when you contrast 'preaching against intervention' with 'people are starving' it leads me to believe that your view is the former is an impediment to resolving the latter. you don't seem to have any direct point to make so i'm left to make inferences. and i infer that you'd prefer the US to invade and depose maduro because you really, really dislike him. and if that's your view i'm left to further infer that you're either a gigantic idiot or looking for work in the rightwing death squad industry :santa:
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

Hitoshura wrote:when you contrast 'preaching against intervention' with 'people are starving' it leads me to believe that your view is the former is an impediment to resolving the latter. you don't seem to have any direct point to make so i'm left to make inferences. and i infer that you'd prefer the US to invade and depose maduro because you really, really dislike him. and if that's your view i'm left to further infer that you're either a gigantic idiot or looking for work in the rightwing death squad industry :santa:
Yeah right. I'm not going to waste time on clearing your biased preconceptions on me. Sayonara, dude.

vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

:necro:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Still waiting on that explanation of what the "duality of man" means, or any other indication that this hard-on bearer not a pseud edgelord neckbeard. But I won't hold my breath, we don't need two mouthbreathers on this forum.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

H4T3M4CH1N3 wrote:
Hitoshura wrote:when you contrast 'preaching against intervention' with 'people are starving' it leads me to believe that your view is the former is an impediment to resolving the latter. you don't seem to have any direct point to make so i'm left to make inferences. and i infer that you'd prefer the US to invade and depose maduro because you really, really dislike him. and if that's your view i'm left to further infer that you're either a gigantic idiot or looking for work in the rightwing death squad industry :santa:
Yeah right. I'm not going to waste time on clearing your biased preconceptions on me. Sayonara, dude.
aw shucks ive got a case of the bias

all you have to do is articulate a clear idea
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

a terrible thing
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people