Am I the only one here who still only wears tennis shoes?

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Paste Human
Metal God

Am I the only one here who still only wears tennis shoes?

Post by Paste Human »

I mean aside from at work (I've got steel toe boots) and very formal occasions like a wedding or a funeral.

I have to go to brunch with some extended family for Easter, and my mom mentioned something to effect of "please don't show up in tennis shoes" which I kind of laughed off.

But now that I think about it having decent looking footwear that's in between formal and casual would be kind of nice at this point in my life. Having clothes in general that fit that description would be nice too, but for whatever reason it's a look that I've never felt comfortable with. I've tried things on, but when I see it in the mirror it just looks very off to me.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Re: Am I the only one here who still only wears tennis shoes?

Post by jawn galliano »

do you mean like, sneakers but basic-looking? i have a pair of new balance in blue canvas & common projects in white leather. the latter of which i wear a lot in the warmer months, very basic but they're exceptionally well-made & one of my very favorite pairs out of my collection

trying out new styles can be pretty jarring, but i've done it a lot the last couple of years to the point where i'm comfortable wearing most anything now as long as the individual pieces appeal to me in some way. my wardrobe ranges from office casual to band shirts & jeans to avant-garde designer. form-fitting waxed denim to massive billowing pleated wool hakama pants etc., it's just a matter of experimenting & figuring out what you're comfortable with.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

All I wear my dude
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

I wear steel toed boots to work. Any other time I’ve got running shoes or sandals on.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

I still wear vans
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i wear all the different shoes
more metal
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

i no longer play tennis
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

Hitoshura wrote:do you mean like, sneakers but basic-looking? i have a pair of new balance in blue canvas & common projects in white leather. the latter of which i wear a lot in the warmer months, very basic but they're exceptionally well-made & one of my very favorite pairs out of my collection

trying out new styles can be pretty jarring, but i've done it a lot the last couple of years to the point where i'm comfortable wearing most anything now as long as the individual pieces appeal to me in some way. my wardrobe ranges from office casual to band shirts & jeans to avant-garde designer. form-fitting waxed denim to massive billowing pleated wool hakama pants etc., it's just a matter of experimenting & figuring out what you're comfortable with.
Although I didn't get a chance to go out and get something, I meant something like this in terms of how formal we're talking, but maybe with laces:

Then from there maybe some button up type shirts. But like I said I always feel like I'm wearing a costume when I try new styles out, so maybe some day I'll go with a fellating lover who can tell me whether or not I look like an asshole.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

i do not wear tennis shoes
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people