Quitting social media

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Grudge
Metal God

Quitting social media

Post by Grudge »

Are many of you doing this? I don't use it much. I can see its benefits for marketing and campaigns and such but not at a personal level. I used to have time for this shit a decade ago but not anymore.
shadowalk
Metal God

Re: Quitting social media

Post by shadowalk »

I use it everyday just to see some sick memes and shit like that.

I also like observing politically-heated debates in various threads and I also like watching SJWs trying to prove their mostly-amusing ideologies online (because a lot of them can't achieve jack shit in their real lives). Beats local cable TV anyday.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

I’m on Facebook but that’s it. Never gave a fuck about twitter and could care less about Instagram. Barely use FB just have it to keep up with family.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i am on it the facebook but that's it, and i don't actually use it in the sense of posting anything. i sell something on there once every few months and read from groups mostly, like the "what's happening in my city" etc. i like the sick memes. i like the metal groups. it is fair to say i like people's walls and posts when they are posting funny shit. but i use messenger a FUCKTON because everyone in land of ps2 emulators uses it.

DELETE IMRAN DELETE
more metal
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i have a facebook account which i only use on desktop for messenger and perusing a couple rick owens buy/sell/trade groups for sick deals

i also have a twitter account which i don't really post from, but i do find scrolling the ol' TL to be a wonderful way to pass the time at work
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

I open FaceBook once a month or so and wonder why so many people post on it all the time. What's the point? Pick up the phone or meet up in real life. You can't even compare discussion in writing compared to in voice/in person unless the person you are trying to discuss anything seriously with are knowledgeable or at least take the time to consider the weight and meat of the words both/other parties are trying to use. Many don't have the patience, intellectual honesty or rationality on these platforms and it shows big time. I've who was once a fellating lover completely melt down and lose all of his friends and family over his FaceBook rants. I'm tempted to link his page here so you all can see what is probably the worst FaceBook account content of all time. It's insane. It's alright to keep in touch with acquaintances I guess but the company itself is something I don't want to support in any form. Don't want my opinions on there for people to dissect and make assumptions about. Don't want to be tracked all over the internet. Don't want what I like known by strangers and companies. The selfie types looking for likes as if their face determines their worth is unsettling. People fishing for likes in general is odd. I generally feel better due to not giving a shit about any of that these days. Everything seems so fake and ego driven on there compared to real life interaction. Well, not everything. You get ok discussion from time to time but yea. There are other avenues for that. I blame no one who's using it solely for memes and funny moments though. It's easier just going on Reddit and forums than logging out of FaceBook with the feeling that you should probably shower in bleach to get rid of the dirty feeling. And Twitter seems much worse.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I only have a private instagram account.
Keep in touch with friends a little through that.

Don’t care for anything else.
Mabb ist kvlt und krieg :xx:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

I use FB for gear/music/DIY/sell+trade forums, great resources there. If it weren't for FB I probably wouldn't be up to date with music or reissues and would never know who's touring in my area because small promoters and labels don't have any real representation anywhere else.

Also managed to get in touch with people in the scene in my nearest big city and even had one person reach out to my to try out for a band, and also starting a new project. I first asked out my gf of 2+ years on fb, so that's another point going for it.

Also it has been a good way to get ahold of some analysis on world events that I wouldn't get through my IRL circle or mainstream news outlets. Even though my time on leftbook has been almost entirely a waste of time, I've definitely learned a few things and made good friends with some conrads that aren't of the toxic gaslighting wokeposter variety. Things like how to organize a labor union at my workplace.

I'm probably hella spied on by the feds but I honestly don't care. :squarsh:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

iamgoat wrote:Mabb ist kvlt und krieg :xx:
:benton:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people