Baldur's Gate 3 Confirmed From The Makers Of Divinity: Original Sin 2

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
shadowalk
Metal God

Baldur's Gate 3 Confirmed From The Makers Of Divinity: Original Sin 2

Post by shadowalk »

After teasing it last week, the makers of Divinity: Original Sin 2 today confirmed the biggest pre-E3 bombshell yet: Baldur’s Gate 3 is coming.

Larian, the company behind Divinity, announced the news on Google’s Stadia stream today. It’ll also be on PC, the company said.

Baldur’s Gate III will push the boundaries of the RPG genre and offer a rich narrative with unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companion characters and memorable combat. It is Larian Studios’ biggest production ever and will be playable together with friends or as a single-player adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvMf_DcyWbI

:thingy:::::::::::::::::
Grudge
Metal God

Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Confirmed From The Makers Of Divinity: Original Sin 2

Post by Grudge »

I've played Baldur's Gate 2 a gazillion times and it is nice to see Larian saying that it will be their biggest effort. A lot of people knew about this a week ago.

I'm less interested in a sequel to a Baldur's Gate game, than a good, role-playing party based game. I don't care that the game might be set in the city of Baldur's Gate, as long as the city is interesting and full of meaningful things to do and interact with. For me the connection to the Baldur's Gate games will come from what Larian learned and implemented that worked well in the original games, high-level encounters, and an interesting DnD gameplay and story telling.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

I tried to really like the Pillars of Eternity games and although enjoyable, they just don't have the flare and the replay value of BG2 and at this point, I really need a new BG game. Larian just fucking saved my world. :ba:
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I actually liked the first Pillars of Eternity, which I played on the Paths of the Damned difficulty with the expansions and all. I think it was a good game. Obviously it suffered a bit from being underbudgeted, but it was a good game. I haven't played the second game yet.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

The second game is good and it really improved over the first game in many aspects but it was ridiculously short.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

By the way, Baldur's Gate 2 wasn't that great from the perspective of quest choices, it just had addictive value that comes from smashing monsters more easily as you build powerful characters. One of the things that keeps bringing me back to the game is the prospect of building a powerful character at the very beginning with high character creation rolls. I try to roll stats higher than 90 and sometimes got 94.

The game was mostly action-focused and didn't have non-good paths that were rewarding. One of the appeals of the game was the eventual building of powerful killer characters, and if you didn't get the XP because you chose the non-good interactions and quest resolutions, you wouldn't be able to build the high-powered characters.

That's fine if that's what you like, but there weren't a lot of quest choices in the game. I compare it to Wizardry 8 which is another great game, which was pretty linear but with a great character building aspect.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Well yes that is exactly what I like. My screen filled up with my party destroying everything in it's path.
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

I liked the original a lot.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

great news and very exciting. BG1 and Torment remain my most repeat-plays for computer games, i must have played them through 5-6 times each back in the day.

i played PoE 1 and 2 in the last few years but couldn't really get into them. too short and shitty narratives and quests. some good ideas but not pulled off to their fullest.

i am yet to play divinity original sin 2 which is meant to be fantastic
more metal
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

This thread made me download BG2 Enhanced Edition for iOS. :ba: Rolling an Elf archer to be able to use Firetooth