Dead malls

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Dead malls

Post by rhino »

https://youtu.be/2NXELcEo3AQ

So weird watching this, I remember going to this mall as a youngin. Things have changed :oldryan:

Any dead malls where you're at :krinor:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Re: Dead malls

Post by rhino »

And this mall. A lot of hot Sam's was devoured here

https://youtu.be/2qUz8EotObI
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

2 of the ones I went to as a kid have been torn down and another is barely hanging on. Last time I went in there about half the spots were closed up :oldryan:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harundale_Mall

This was the main one I went to growing up.

Kay bee toys, Hot Sam, and baseball card shows :tvrky:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

The Buffalo mall in Jamestown where I grew up is still kicking and busy for being in a small town. Helps that the movie theater, TJ maxx, and a new dicks sporting goods are all in it. On cue was the music store I frequented a ton as kid. Only on cue I’ve ever seen to this day. It was a sister store to Sam goody.

The west acres mall in Fargo is still extremely busy as well. I bought Iowa at the Sam goody there on release day. Among many others.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

lakehurst mall, in waukegan il. i went there as a kid but its decline began thanks the massive new mall they opened near my house in 1989 :interessant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh-s0OOitN8

i guess it was demolished about fifteen years ago now
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

hmm, most of the malls here are still kicking, though greendale is hanging on by a thread. i counted the other day and i think they've got 13 tenants in 40 available non-big-box units, and pretty much all of those are fly by night shops.

the only one that's full-on closed was the downtown mall. it began as the galleria in the 70s & 80s, and closed for a few years in the early gloryhole era . it reopened as an outlet mall in 94-95 (featuring a big PR blitz starring angela from who's the boss) but traffic fell off a cliff after the first couple of years, and it had tons of vacancies by the end of the decade. finally closed for good in the mid-aughts and got demolished 8 or 9 years ago.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

we have a small dead mall here, there are some shops still left but walking through it is kind of creepy
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

For some reason the Mall of America keeps getting bigger. I haven't been there in years though. The one I used to bike to is still around, albeit with an empty Sears and a dying JC Penny. Come to think of it the only two stores I went to (Sam Goody and Suncoast) aren't there either. Neither is the CD Warehouse that was in a strip mall across the street :frown:
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

There's one I used to go often to, called Cross Creek Mall. All that's left in it is a JC Penny, basically empty and on its last leg.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

Paste Human wrote:For some reason the Mall of America keeps getting bigger. I haven't been there in years though. The one I used to bike to is still around, albeit with an empty Sears and a dying JC Penny. Come to think of it the only two stores I went to (Sam Goody and Suncoast) aren't there either. Neither is the CD Warehouse that was in a strip mall across the street :frown:

Sam goody and suncoast
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Paste Human wrote:For some reason the Mall of America keeps getting bigger. I haven't been there in years though. The one I used to bike to is still around, albeit with an empty Sears and a dying JC Penny. Come to think of it the only two stores I went to (Sam Goody and Suncoast) aren't there either. Neither is the CD Warehouse that was in a strip mall across the street :frown:
They can't lose their biggest mall title to the one in king of prussia
Ninny wrote:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

the name of that town always makes me pull a :redneck:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people