Neighborhood Bars

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Paste Human
Metal God

Neighborhood Bars

Post by Paste Human »

Do you have one or some?

That's one thing I don't like about the area where I live. There are plenty of bars, but they're all up and down one street about six blocks north of me. They're mostly noisy and generic. No quiet, unassuming blue collar bars on the corner of an otherwise residential street.

To fill that need I visit the one I used to live above, usually on Mondays. It's about five minutes from work (my work is a 15 minute drive from home) and right in the middle of a blue collar/college student neighborhood. There's nothing particularly special about the place, except that it's close to work and I kind of know the owners from having rented a room upstairs years ago. And now that I get off work at 9PM I thoroughly enjoy being able to grab a meal and a couple drinks afterwards while watching live sports. And for whatever reason there's also a great depression era bar right across the street which is nice for a change of pace every now and then.

Other than that these types of places are almost non-existent where I live. Or if there is a bar in a residential area it tends to close by 11PM on weekdays, which sucks if you work through the early evening.
vO)))id
Metal God

Re: Neighborhood Bars

Post by vO)))id »

We have quite a lot of those but the only one I visit is The Little Devil metal bar.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

hell no, this is the suburbs. the closest thing to a bar is a brewery six miles from here

a clandestine suburban bar would be a fun time :suss:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Not one I'm willing to go to
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I live within walking distance to every bar in town. they are all insufferable college bars tho
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Not really a bar but there’s this old duder in his 60s who lives down the street. In his property is a gym where folks work out and a jazz bar that’s only open on Friday nights. It’s a small intimate place that’s quite popular with local musicians in the city who’re looking to do some free jazz/blues jamming on a Friday night. I sometimes hangout there for a few beers and watch the amazing musicianship of some of the folk who play there although since they’re all old folks there, you can bet that no one’s playing metal - the closest would be on a few select nights where they’d jam some Scorpions or Kiss.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

that sounds like a good time hangout :beer:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

iamgoat wrote:We have quite a lot of those but the only one I visit is The Little Devil metal bar.
I noticed some cool bands playing there ;)
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Ninny wrote:
iamgoat wrote:We have quite a lot of those but the only one I visit is The Little Devil metal bar.
I noticed some cool bands playing there ;)
For sure!

Craziest gig I ever witnessed there was a surprise show in the middle of the night by Mayhem. That was fucking insane.
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

:shock: :grim:
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

:grimshock:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Can't even remember the last time I was at a bar
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

rhino wrote:Can't even remember the last time I was at a bar
You probably got too drunk at one to remember. :redneck:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Many a time :oldryan:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

rhino wrote:Can't even remember the last time I was at a bar
Early September for the I
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

hmm i don't think i've been to a bar since i went to nantucket over the summer :huh:

anyway i don't go very much these days. only one i really go to around here anymore is called the dive bar (but which is not actually a dive bar), they have a fantastic tap selection and it's nice during the summer 'cuz they have a huge outdoor patio.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

What about your meeting ups with Luke in London? Have you already forgotten? :tear:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

the dev in camden town was a good time despite injuring myself on the bathroom door and the first trip's big phil presence. off the top of my head the only pub we went to that was actively bad was the one in mayfair which was blaring horrible music. the other metal bar in camden town we visited had good beer but not much else going for it

but that is in london, not remotely local or in anything i can call a bar i go to :shake:
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

I did an internship in London for a few months a long time ago and used to go to Camden Town on the weekends for live shows and whatnot. The World's End I think was the name of one bar, but I can't remember the other. For some reason I was trying to come up with it just the other day...
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

we walked past the world's end but didn't go in, it's right on the main intersection coming out of the tube. the lesser of the ones we visited was the black heart, the good one's full name was the devonshire arms. i will be positively chuffed if it turns out it was one of those, MABB metal bar visitation action across the ages :xx:

jeers to the camden town king of chicken, which i got chips 'n strips from on our last night out in the city. it was tasty but gave me some hellish shits the following morning :oldryan:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I’m applying for an internal job application which will hopefully be mine. Better pay and maybe future MABB meetings in bars :idea: