Black Mesa Source due in 11 days

The place for discussing and linking to pictures and videos on the web. It's a sharing economy.
zim
Zim(a)

Black Mesa Source due in 11 days

Post by zim »

<!-- m -->http://www.blackmesasource.com/<!-- m -->

September 14 is the release date for the first build of one of the most long-awaited mods of all time. The Black Mesa project remakes Half-Life in Valve’s Source engine with prettier textures and lighting. Gordon’s beard is now super high-res and headcrabs are 20% prettier.

The first release “will include our re-envisioning of Half-Life all the way up to Lambda Core,” according to project leader Carlos Montero, writing on the Black Mesa forums. “We believe this is a great way to provide a complete-feeling 8-10 hour experience with a solid ending, make our fans happy and help us make the best overall game possible.”

To celebrate the announcement, the mod team have launched an ominous doom clock, the likes of which I haven’t seen since way back in July last year. When the clock hits zero we’ll finally have the chance to sample the action shown in the official trailer, released three years ago. These recent screenshots offer further evidence that Black Mesa Source is actually happening.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/03/black ... n-11-days/

[youtube]G32_q_3es8E[/youtube]

wootsauce
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
M.Bison
Ancient One

Re: Black Mesa Source due in 11 days

Post by M.Bison »

I never thought this would be released. It's a bit lame that it isn't finished after all this time, but I shall be excited muchly :santa:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="M.Bison"]It's a bit lame that it isn't finished after all this time, but I shall be excited muchly :santa:[/quote]

That does suck but it's very cool of them to release what they have so far instead of making us wait even longer.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

So, did anyone get this? I'm having to download from a torrent, as my connection is lame and kept dropping out, losing the download... :frown: