MABB Pet pics

The place for discussing and linking to pictures and videos on the web. It's a sharing economy.
Uni777
Ancient One

Re: MABB Pet pics

Post by Uni777 »

Thanks dude. She used to weigh around 3.5 kilo's, last thursday she was 2.2 kilo's... not good.

But today she ate very well so my hopes are up. hopefully she'll gain some weight.
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

maybe try sprinkling some treats, or meat, or something she really likes in with her regular food :santa:
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

Yeah now we are allowed to spoil her rotten on docter orders haha. Treats all the way. Luckily she does not mind her new diet catfood.
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

[quote name="TAM TAM"]cute kitty[/quote]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Syysysyd
Ancient One

Post by Syysysyd »

[quote name="hbw"]
[quote name="Pentelesh"]How big does that "thing" grow? You got Hatchets in the other rooms in case it escapes?[/quote]

Average size fully grown is a little under 9 feet (2.5 meters) long, but they can get nearly 10 feet (3 meters). Max weight is 90 kg, but usually they'll get about half that. Given that this one eats more than any water monitor that the hard-on bearer at the reptile shop has ever seen (2 small mice and 12 crickets, in one sitting; and he's under 3 months old), there's a really good chance he'll get enormous. The fact that his cage is enormous for him will also help, because they tend to grow to the size of their cage. It does take about 5-10 years to reach full size though.

Check this badass out:

[quote name="Redd"]It's kind of cute.[/quote]

Yep, he's a cutie pie. :)

When I started doing his voice, it just came out in this deep Spanish accent, which is why his middle name is Ricardo Montelban.

[quote name="Teignub"]reptiles win. HbW, your monitor causes impotence. :greenie:[/quote]

The trick is to not let him climb around down there. :redneck:

What does that word chili cheese fries stand for, though?[/quote]

http://foxbert.com/upload/4/47/Fake_Ric ... _Takei.mp3
User
Metal God

Post by User »

got turtles here in china. here is the first draft of a post i will put up soon on my china blog about the process.

A couple of months ago I was staying at the south gate international hostel in Xi'An, Shaanxi province. It's a very pleasant, homely hostel, with sunny green courtyards, clean rooms, delectable food, plenty of communal lounging space and a nu-bucolic basement bar. Whilst recuperating between numerous successful (and some unsuccessful) forays into Xi'An and its surrounding regions I would regularly sit in the middle courtyard in particular. Here two peculiar pets lived, high up in a huge blue porcelain dish.

Pets were not unusual at the hostel. There was a veritable boon of domestic animals staying there, including an always smiling, long-haired golden hound, with a nose that was always opening doors, two mottled white cats, constantly darting between one's feet, and four newly born kittens. All lived a happy life, but I felt for the kittens as I often saw them being subjected to the torturous attention of two, frankly sinister, Swedish sisters. I saw the kittens handballed, stretched, dragged and rubbed, I heard them meow, wail and struggle in vain. I'm sure the two Swedes had the purest of hearts and intentions, but I swear those kittens, if they haven't already run away or leapt to their deaths in pure horror, have been scarred forever.

But the peculiar pets that I particularly enjoyed the company of were not of the furred variety, they were slimy, slick and amphibious. They looked like twin sets of my grandpa. They were turtles. About the size of a saucer each, these two creatures spent their days lazily soaking up the sun, eating anything a passing backpacker cared to throw into their bowl, and engaging in an enternal battle of "who can climb ontop of who". Several times I saw one of them mount the other, only to be shaken from his mount by a deft wiggle, and then quickly straddled himself. The emerging victor would immediately look to the heavens, as though basking in a kind of glory only a turtle can know, before the cycle would repeat.

These two turtles were tremendous company in Xi'An, they glared knowingly as I read Memoirs of a Geisha beside them and devoured the tapioca pearls from countless milk bubble teas. So, when the time came to flee the walled core of Xi'An for the eastern city of Hangzhou, I was understandably saddened. As the train crawled through the Shaanxi suburbs I did not look back to Xi'An's tourist destinations, to the terracotta armies, the surrounding tombs, the grandeur of the city walls. I looked back to those green-shelled grandpas, hardy and full of character.

So after the travels were over, when finally arriving in Shanghai and securing an apartment with my girlfriend, I let the tongue do the talking.

"Hey baby ... This is a great apartment we've got here, and I love living with you, but it feels a little empty. Especially that spot just right there, near the gay man&#39;s telescope, on the drawers. Do you feel it? So I'm thinking turtles. Right?"

I was initially met with refusal, skepticism and disbelief, but I soon won her over with my (admittedly constant and indefatigable) testimonials to the sheer awesomeness of the species. We set off to the nearest pet market, luckily just around the corner. The market was quite an affair, at once encouraging to the amateur animal hobbyist in its scale and just plain God-awful horrifying to anyone with an inch of sympathy animals.

To put it shortly; I would not call any animal at that place happy.

Because of this my sexy leopard elevator and I were imbued with charitable fuzzy feelings as we browsed the paths between tubs of fish, turtles, rabbits, dogs, cats and birds. We ended up buying two red-eared slider turtles from a red-eyed, shifty looking fellow for five dollars, knowing that we had saved them from fate, possibly a fate worse than death, the fate of being at the continual mercy of crazy-eyed merchants, with all the prodding, plastic-bag wrapping and shifting that comes with.

After settling our rescued brethren in at the apartment, we went to a restaurant across the road to discuss names. Turtles aren't exactly surrogate children, but we wanted to give the names some thought, some deliberation, with the premise that you learn a lot about your partner when you buy turtles together. Not being familiar with the Chinese characters at that restaurant, we ordered a random noodle dish and got brainstorming. I was set on the name Henry; she chose Stella. Separately, two fine names, worthy of any grand achievement, but together, Henry and Stella sounded a bit weird. Further thought ensued as our noodles arrived and I tucked in. My girlfriend paused.

"Luke, which dish did you order?"

"I don't know," I slurped, "second from the bottom, seafood I think. Delicious!"

"Have a look at the meat," she advised. I had just crunched through a particularly large and tasty morsel, so I had to dig around in the noodles for some more. I pulled out a leathery, grey chunk with a little claw hanging off it. A claw I had seen before. A turtle claw.

We never told Henry or Stella, and when they get a little too excited at feeding time and take a nip at my fingers, I let it be. I even give them a knuckle to chew on.

here are henry and stella

<!-- ia1 -->Copy of DSC03841.jpg<!-- ia1 -->

<!-- ia0 -->DSC03740.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
more metal
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

amazing
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i can feel your hot, irritable jealousy from here
more metal
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="zimberly"]
[quote name="Freehill"]Smokey

He just turned 9 years old this month.[/quote]

cute bunny[/quote]

yeah, I just wanna gobble him up
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

Cool turtles and great blog post. Your writing is fantastic Luke :thingy:
vega
Metal God

Post by vega »

this a picture of my pet..

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

what do you feed it? :oldryan:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
vega
Metal God

Post by vega »

shredded lettuce. :grim:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

That's odd. I thought that thing would eat wheat, shredded wheat.
vega
Metal God

Post by vega »

deathcore :oldryan:
Redd
Ancient One

Post by Redd »

Turtles :xx:
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

[quote name="Luke"]i can feel your hot, irritable jealousy from here[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="carpet_salesman"]shredded lettuce. :grim:[/quote]

:lol:

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User
Metal God

Post by User »

when i got back from bangladesh the turtles were half-dead, their shells were decaying and their skin was starting to congeal all weirdly. my girlfriend said she couldn't get them to eat while i was away, so they hadn't eaten for over a month. the poor fuckers were barely clinging onto life. i don't know what the story was but my sexy leopard elevator didn't seem to care, she said she was over looking after them. usually she is pretty cool but i've now learnt not to leave any life forms with her while i go away on holiday for she will suck the very will to live out of them without batting her beautiful eyelids.

needless to say the turtles are now no more. i need to change my avatar.
more metal
scarica
Ancient One

Post by scarica »

well that ruined my day :tear:
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKyve_IO ... e_IO0nA</a>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ANGEL OF DESEASE">
when a lady lick the nipple, the ding-ding start to smile
</blockquote>
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i think i should take the fate of these first pets as a valuable warning against procreation with this female.
more metal
scarica
Ancient One

Post by scarica »

i have three kids and two pets that i can take care of just fine, but i can't keep a plant alive to save my life. it's just one of those things.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKyve_IO ... e_IO0nA</a>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ANGEL OF DESEASE">
when a lady lick the nipple, the ding-ding start to smile
</blockquote>
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

:xx:

Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

She is very pretty :idea:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

Yesterday i had to do the hardest thing i've ever done in my l i f e...

We had to put Morbie to sleep... The kidney failure had her totally dried out and emaciated...

The saddest thing is that mentally she was still there for 100%. She survived two strokes one a few months ago, one on new year's eve.

But fortunately she got through them.

I could not bring myself to lock her in a cage and carry her to her death, so i made a nice cozy basked with pizza napkins to keep her warm.

All the way to the vet she was curious as ever, looking all around.

After the tranqilizer set in i had to get her out of the basket so the vet would have access to the main artery.

I will NEVER forget how that fragile little thing felt in my arms... After she got the lethal injection it took so long for her to actually die the vet asked me if she shoud give her another... So strong was her heart still... This made me very proud. So little so tough.

I'm not ashamed to say i'm crying my ass off as it ype this but i had to get it off my chest.

This house is so cold and empty now.

vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I'm so sorry. I'm glad I got to know her.
baron von blondle
Ancient One

Post by baron von blondle »

[quote name="uni777"]

I'm not ashamed to say i'm crying my ass off as it ype this

[/quote]

:tear: and me reading it,

sad, sad time
Image Image
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]Peter Theobalds is a full of win.[/quote]
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

Thats awfull :tear:

Morbie :xx:
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

I'm so sorry. You were obviously a loving owner, and each gave the other much joy and comfort. My c.at is nudging up against me as it is time to feed her. It's damn hard to type with tear-filled eyes. :tear:
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

[quote name="baron von blondle"]
[quote name="uni777"]

I'm not ashamed to say i'm crying my ass off as it ype this

[/quote]

:tear: and me reading it,

sad, sad time[/quote]

As Baron so I'm I. Sorry for your loss mate. Around 5 years ago we had to put our oldest dog to sleep. I went the same roller coaster track back then. It's always hard to loose a fellating lover.
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

Thanks everybody...

After being terribly ill in her first year, i always thought she would not have a long l i f e. But this furry lady had some will power. It took her more than a year to get well again.

When she had her last stroke I had just made her some tuna. She liked that stuff so much that even while collapsing multiple times next to her food bowl she had the will power to keep eating.

I feel very sad, but also happy she was there for a long part of my l i f e.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I hate Hate HATE those days at work. :eyes:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

[quote name="uni777"]Thanks everybody...

When she had her last stroke I had just made her some tuna. She liked that stuff so much that even while collapsing multiple times next to her food bowl she had the will power to keep eating.[/quote]

If there is a MABB award for the most wrenching post, this one and your original should win first prize. My wife dissolved into tears after reading your first one; I think I'll spare her from this one.
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

Here is our older cat sleeping! How tired do you need to bed to sleep mouth open teeth on the table?
baron von blondle
Ancient One

[quote name="Pentelesh"] How tired do you need to bed to sleep mouth open teeth on the table?[/quote]

:lol: awesome!
Image Image
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

drooool :idea:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Needless to say, you didn't hand that copy of your paper in at work. :saliva:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]Here is our older cat sleeping! How tired do you need to bed to sleep mouth open teeth on the table?[/quote]

It's a cutie. Does it leave the house or is he always at home?
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Pentelesh"]Here is our older cat sleeping! How tired do you need to bed to sleep mouth open teeth on the table?[/quote]

It's a cutie. Does it leave the house or is he always at home?[/quote]

No, we have two of the same breed (male and female) and they both stay indoors. Sometimes in summer we put them on leashes to the yard and let them stay there for the day. But not free.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]
[quote name="uni777"]

No, we have two of the same breed (male and female) and they both stay indoors. Sometimes in summer we put them on leashes to the yard and let them stay there for the day. But not free.[/quote]

Good boy. We do the same with ours.
baron von blondle
Ancient One

ditto, we sometimes drive out to Windsor Great Park and walk them on a leash there among the trees, we get some funny looks HAHA!!
Image Image
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]
[quote name="uni777"]

No, we have two of the same breed (male and female) and they both stay indoors. Sometimes in summer we put them on leashes to the yard and let them stay there for the day. But not free.[/quote]

Thats the right way to do it yes. I never let Morbie leave the house due to living in a area with too much traffic.
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

I saw a kitten being run over before :tear:

It was horrific.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

uni777, sorry for your loss. doing what you did is probably the hardest thing any pet owner has to do.

like Pentelesh, my cats are indoor only as they are idiots and I don't think they would survive outside long, plus we live next to a busy road (I actually almost hit a cat last night that ran out right in front of my car, luckily I saw it in time and was able to swerve...)

here are my two cats looking out the gay man&#39;s telescope together.

rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Lumbergh"]uni777, sorry for your loss. doing what you did is probably the hardest thing any pet owner has to do.[/quote]

Thank you. Though it was the best thing we could have done for her, it still breaks your heart. I saw her getting born, in fact, i helped her out of the fleece and she has been around me since then. After almost 17 years of companionship her not being around here leaves a void.

It is funny how you incorporate certain things, like leaving the doors a little bit open, a little greet when you leave the house etc. in your daily routine.

The first week i still said bye to her when leaving just because it had become a habit. :redneck:

[quote name="Lumbergh"]

like Pentelesh, my cats are indoor only as they are idiots and I don't think they would survive outside long, plus we live next to a busy road (I actually almost hit a cat last night that ran out right in front of my car, luckily I saw it in time and was able to swerve...)

here are my two cats looking out the gay man&#39;s telescope together.

Image[/quote]

So funny to see those animals keeping an eye on everything. I think you are very wise to keep em indoors.
baron von blondle
Ancient One

page 6 witnesses the dude abiding...

Image Image
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

Ask your cat how the sequel to Das Kapital is coming along. :redneck:
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

Is he there to protect the Empire troops or do Empire troops protect him? :ff:
vega
Metal God

Post by vega »

[quote name="baron von blondle"]page 6 witnesses the dude abiding...

Image[/quote]

cat beard :idea: