English MA Worshipper

New members can post their introductions here. If you don't, existing posters might start a thread about you anyway. Yield!
Phantoon
Ancient One

English MA Worshipper

Post by Phantoon »

Hello everyone. Feels good to have an account here with fellow MA appreciaters. Been browsing this forum for about a week now because of the upcoming release of Illud Divinum Insanus, as somebody mentioned this forum on you-tube.

I first heard of Morbid angel through some reviews of Gojiras album 'From mars to Sirious'. Back then I was madly in love with these big, slow monster sounding songs that Gojira were doing on that album. About a year past and I was reminded of MA by a small article in Metal Hammer talking to Angela Gossow from Arch enemy about music that inspired her. She said 'Alters of madness'. A little after that I heard the song 'Maze of torment' on a late night show called 'Full metal racket' on the Radio station 'Kerrang'. I was blown away by the ferociousness of it and the tasteful implementation of the thrash parts and the blast parts, all the while being satisfyingly heavy and stupidly catchy to boot. I knew immediately I wasn't going to leave this band alone. I bought the album and literally all the other bands in my CD collection were rendered obsolete and I think I didn't stop listening to that album for 6 months straight.

I set about investigating this Slow, crushing sound I craved as i still very much appreciate Gojira. I stumbled upon 'Gateways to annihilation' and OMG !, the sound of this album was the reason I was BORN !. Instantly fell in love with this very different sounding Morbid Angel that has inspired many a band. From there I just collected the rest of their full lengths over time, being pleasantly satisfied by some, a little disappointed with others, but overall, the MA sound was prevalent and still has that stamp of instant quality written over them. I think It's fair to say, I am a Morbid Angel addict !, and have been for the past 4 years :bang: :bang: :bang:

I look forward to sharing my thoughts on each album in some of the topics here, and give my two cents of opinion on the Illud samples.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Re: English MA Worshipper

Post by Verbal »

:santa:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

You aren't sonny roland rollacks cunt :tear:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

I'm not a what ?... MA worshiper ?
^_____________^
Ancient One
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body

Post by ^_____________^ »

:santa:
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

Welcome :santa:
Fuck 'em
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

Thanks very much . Judging by some of these topics I recently browsed through, it seems this place fucking crazy. It should be a blast !
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Are you as pessimistic as a lot of other people are about the upcoming album?
vega
Metal God

Post by vega »

welcome to mabb :santa:
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

It definitely took me by surprise how much of a radical change from older material the album is. Trey has always said that his music is risky and this is a perfect example of that. It might even be so risky that it could be seen as reckless. I think he's not only broadening his own musical tastes and presenting it but also telling us to be not so narrow minded. There could even be a spiritual meaning to the album. If I recall on the Heretic booklet after trey explained the meaning of Heretic he said " whooo hoooooooo, lets have fun in this game called life" So I think Illud is a continuation of that thought process in some ways.

At first I thought Oh shit, what have they done. But then I remind myself that the samples...are just samples. There's likes at least 3 minutes left for nearly every song. So who knows how each song reveals themselves. I'm hopeful that it'll make more sense when I hear the whole thing. So I'm open minded about it (after all I love Heretic). I do think the album will either be a very bold but triumphant strategy on the bands part, or a total utter flop. As a fan of course I hope it's the former.
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

wtf I didn't write after trey tutored him in rightousness !
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

[quote name="So Callous"]wtf I didn't write after trey tutored him in rightousness ![/quote]

It takes some getting used to but they are called chili cheese fries. Different words get replaced or changed. It makes for a more interesting read. And yes they are some crazy fucking topics that get discussed and you will find some of the most passionate and dedicated Morbid Angel fans here. And, welcome board and enjoy your stay.
Fuck 'em
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

[quote name="So Callous"]wtf I didn't write after trey tutored him in rightousness ![/quote]

What did you write?
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

I can't remember exactly what I wrote to begin with. Something along the lines of Trey explaining the meaning of the Heretic album or whatever. When I went to submit it and I viewed it, It showed that instead. I thought someone was playing a trick on me or something, but I guess not (unless there actually was :eyes:)
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Welcome, new lady!

said

instructed

taught

wrote

described

noted

explained
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

e.xplained is tutored him in righteousness.

The chili cheese fries change over time and are there for a silly laugh.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;