Hi, am I the only Asian (Filipino to be exact) in this pit of shit?

New members can post their introductions here. If you don't, existing posters might start a thread about you anyway. Yield!
Leetorry52
Neophyte

Hi, am I the only Asian (Filipino to be exact) in this pit of shit?

Post by Leetorry52 »

Ey, Im from the Philippines and I am about to turn 18 next month (a day before my finals, fuck)

Morbid Angel changed my life when I was like idk, 12 or 11 years old when I discovered the song Chapel of The Ghouls.
I was a naive edgy metal noob then, the type to post rants on fb about how much better metal and rock was (yet funnily enough never bad mouthing hip hop, I thinks it was because of my love of Kanye back then, and my love for him is actually still strong to this day) and how shit new bands are. I call that era my naive elitist era because despite my love for metal then i never bothered to look at the undergroud because I thought it was too scary and I thought Disturbed was cool (I was 12 then give me a break).

I discovered MB because of CKNs review of the "I" album and me being new to death metal then I wanted to know why he was so pisse off and emotional. So, back then I only knew 3 dm songs. I was listening to only Death's Pull the Plug and just 2 Amon Amarth songs back then, I liked them but they didnt grow that much with me, I thought that Slayer was still more chaotic than those 2 bands.

I went to a mp3 site and downloaded MBs CoTG without any background knowledge on the band (becuse it was the only song the site had too and I was to lazy to convert yt vids to mp3 and mover them to a sd card) and I listened to the band for the fist time.

"What the fuck, this is amazing" said the 11/12 year old me. It actually took me a few more years, a new interest of guitar and a current bout of depression (which is one of the things causing me not to play guitar much) for me to go deeper in music, not just metal but music in general. I wouldnt attribute MB as the sole reason why Im a music lover right now but I can say that they are a part of it.

I just love MB, i think they are possibly the greatest DM band of all time, I love them more than any extreme metal band out there (even if Soilent Green is a strong contender) I love them so much that I wished that they actually gained mainstream success in the gloryhole era , see them replcae Marylin Manson as the huge contreversial music act of the late gloryhole era , sell millions of records and perform at both Woodstocks (94 will make them popular with them as new guys and 99 will have them as the headliners and signify the end of metal as a popular alt genre). I still believe that it still possible then and I dream it the same way a wrestling fan dreams of a WCW/WWE Invasion, but not sucking.

Idk what the fuck to expect and wtf I wrote (im about to eat soon) but here I am I guess.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Re: Hi, am I the only Asian (Filipino to be exact) in this pit of shit?

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Hey younger version of shadowalk :santa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Leetorry52
Neophyte

Post by Leetorry52 »

whos shadowalk? and why am i similar to him?
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

He's in Manila
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

:grim:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

overrun by the Philippines

there is also india and i am in land of ps2 emulators, no other asia representation i atm i think
more metal
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

we will smoke all your herb
User
Metal God

Post by User »

weed is expensive here weirdly
more metal
Holocaust
Metal God

Post by Holocaust »

Weedly
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

shadow alk
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people