painfulloss

New members can post their introductions here. If you don't, existing posters might start a thread about you anyway. Yield!
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

painfulloss

Post by Verbal »

ola senora

la quenta por favor

aqua sin gas

peseta
painfulloss
Neophyte

Re: painfulloss

Post by painfulloss »

Ola! (I know what that means but nothing else, haha)

I'm Dale, aka painfulloss. Been a member of this Forum off & on for probably 10 years or so. Since MA refuse to update the world on what they're up to, this site is one of the only places to get any information on MA.

Born & raised in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. It's an 8 hour drive East of Montreal. The Metal scene is non-existent here, it's a total University, bandwagon/trendy City where being "cool" takes precedent over being original.

Been into MA since late 1989, have seen them live twice (2001 & 2006) & they continue to be my favorite band. Domination is my fave, with Covenant & Altars right behind. Hoping the new CD will blow me away like they always have. Even used to play MA covers in an old band from 10 years ago; Rapture would start a pit like no one's business! Next to Hetfield, Vincent is the greatest frontman of all-time. Really glad he's back in the band & hopefully Pete will be able to continue if & when he gets healthy.

Happy to be back, baby!
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

sorry, i sometimes forget how good i am at spanish

sprachen sie deutsch? sie mussen ein bisschen deutsch sprachen?
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I remember you. Welcome back buddy
Devy
Metal God

Post by Devy »

I seem to remember you from your description. Did you have a different username back then?
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
painfulloss
Neophyte

Post by painfulloss »

Possibly. It could have been either "FearAbsolute" or maybe "Metalisforlife." Never posted an awful lot, just when a topic or post really caught my attention.

So, why doesn't MA update their fans on the internet like 99% of the bands out there these days? Laziness? The "mystique" of keeping things under wrap? Just not giving a crap? I mean, it took Yeung in an interview to tell us what was going on with the band these days. It's like WWII radio silence on new album progress, Pete's recovery, possible DVD, etc. I love MA but after a while, it really starts to get to me. And their website is useless and their Myspace is only concerned with showing us MA tattoos and more computer artwork...YAY!

:wall:
Devy
Metal God

Post by Devy »

Both of those names ring a bell. Regardless, welcome back :santa:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

For some odd reason, I kinda remember you even though I don't.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

painfulloss, are you a fan of the Steve Tucker era?
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
painfulloss
Neophyte

Post by painfulloss »

[quote name="Skintoxication"]sup mean gene :santa:[/quote]

:lol: That's awesome, I laughed loudly after seeing that! Haven't heard that in ages, thanks Skintoxication.

[quote name="zimberly"]painfulloss, are you a fan of the Steve Tucker era?[/quote]

I am indeed. Formulas is an incredible CD that I listen to quite often. The first 5 tunes on that CD flow so well into one another. That lyric: "I'm the collector of souls, for they're never past my control..." is probably the coolest lyrical thing post-Vincent for me.

Gateways. Wow. How much heavier could they get? "God of the Forsaken" is my favorite tune off there, plus my fave Rutan solo. You know when a dog hears a high pitch and stops what they're doing to listen? That's me with that tune. Saw them on that tour in 2001. Tucker stood in front of us when he wasn't doing vocals, looking at me and my 2 friends in the front row. He dedicated "Chapel" to "The old school masturbated crackers in the front row" & pointed at us. Got his bass pick, too, it's on my monitor stand.

Heretic....well, thanks to the members of this site, I have always gone back to give it more & more listens. I'll tell you, I was disappointed bigtime when that came out. It was 2005 before I even slightly warmed up to it. A member suggested making a CDR of the album sans all the instrumental junk and it makes for a better listen. The guitar and drum tones still bug me, even after all these years. Saw them live in 2006 just to see Vincent live...what a feeling that was to see him 10 feet away!
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

Howdy 'fella. :santa:
:xx:
Devy
Metal God

Post by Devy »

[quote name="painfulloss"]

:lol: That's awesome, I laughed loudly after seeing that! Haven't heard that in ages, thanks Skintoxication.[/quote]

Oh shit, it's Mean Gene Hoglan!? A second welcome back to you sir :santa:

painfulloss
Neophyte

Post by painfulloss »

Nice to be back! With the band back in the studio (finally), it was time to find this Forum again so I could keep up to date and chat with other MA freaks. There isn't a week that goes by that Morbid isn't played somewhere in my house or on my MP3 player. Random is such a wonderful thing! :grin:

Top 3 MA albums:

1. Domination

2. Covenant

3. AOM

Top 5 tunes at the moment:

1. Hatework

2. Pain Divine

3. Lord of all Fevers and Plagues

4. God of the Forsaken

5. Maze of Torment
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

Dale once sent me a tape&cd ctrl+6
painfulloss
Neophyte

Post by painfulloss »

[quote name="Ninny"]Dale once sent me a tape&cd ctrl+6[/quote]

I kinda remember that, Ninny. Was it a live MA VHS? I forgets what the CD was. I miss the old days of tape trading sometimes...but I don't miss waiting 2+ weeks for mail to come to Canada from Europe! :shakefist:
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]