Delayed Introd./Hello @ all!

New members can post their introductions here. If you don't, existing posters might start a thread about you anyway. Yield!
Foxi
Mature Neophyte

Delayed Introd./Hello @ all!

Post by Foxi »

First up: Sorry for the delayed introduction – I really forgot!

Well, the first time I learned/heared about Morbid Angel was in early 1988 (the same time I started with trading/exchanging Underground demo tapes) when I got a tape that (beside other Bands) contained M.A.’s “Thy Kingdom Come” recording !

With Altars of Madness it was clear that this is the Band that takes my “harder , faster , louder” routine to a new Peak (beyond Slayer & Possessed) and after seeing them the first times life in 1989 they became my favourite Band for a long time!

I was playing with the Idea of doing a fanzine in the Vein of the German AC/DC Daily Dirt (1987-2010) which features informations, concert reviews etc. about Morbid Angel from the fans for the fans, (independent from the usual stuff you could read in the bigger magazines) and made that true after the Blessed are the Sick Tour with the first Morbidomaniac Issue (early 1992)! It was a nice experience to bring down all the stuff with a typewriter ( a tipp-ex inferno!) , putting together the pages with photocopys and of course my very own version of the English language, throwing in all my enthusiasm! I visited a lot of concerts on the Blessed Tour and got the contact to M.A. and via the Fanzine to a lot of Fans worldwide, it really became a kind of community (on the Covenant Tour I met a lot of fans/readers personally!) and I continued with 2 more issues!

At that time I had the contact with ‘bout 150 fans and a lot of them asked for doing a fan club since there had been a lot of complains about the C.O.D. (Well Alan explained the situation in the C.O.D. thread and I see it very different nowadays than back than!) and there have been some talkings with Angela and Trey to realize it but since I managed to turn my own life situation upside down it never came true!

Well I’m still questioning myself a lot why things happened that way and feel bad about dumping so many friendships and leaving back a lot of people without explanation but if you dive head first into a pile of shit instead of just stepping into it you got to suffer the consequences! At least I learned that it’s impossible to drown your sorrows in alcohol since they’re very good swimmers!

I’m happy that I found this forum, a lot of Fans with different musical backgrounds/tastes united under the M.A. roof, very interesting to read and add new impressions to my own sight on things!!!

I also have to state (since I recognized that here are a lot of musicians/guitar players) that my votes in polls ore statements about songs/riffs are only based on the transmitted feelings without any knowledge about technique etc. ! I’m an air guitar swinger since ever (triple-neck- Gibson V) and too old to start up with guitar lessons…!

Cheers…Foxi
User
Metal God

Re: Delayed Introd./Hello @ all!

Post by User »

:santa:
more metal
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Great!

Welcome to the board!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

[quote name="Foxi"]At least I learned that it’s impossible to drown your sorrows in alcohol since they’re very good swimmers![/quote]

Wise :idea: Greetings, auf geht's