Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Chat about your non-music hobbies here: from concocting beer and cider to Dark Souls, gardening, Canary spaghetti quad tremors and beyond.
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69178
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby morbid board eli » 15 Jan 2018, 16:37

harpsichord dynamo wrote:i need to do more things related to physical fitness

physical fitness things
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7487
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Lavabug » 15 Jan 2018, 23:17

fill that need!
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69178
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby morbid board eli » 16 Jan 2018, 00:12

i am going camping this weekend, plenty of good hiking in my immediate future :llama:
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
Hitoshura
Metal God
Posts: 18630
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Hitoshura » 16 Jan 2018, 11:41

i aint been out running in a hoebag's age :homework:
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69178
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby morbid board eli » 16 Jan 2018, 17:42

also i am going to chop some more firewood today, in advance of the coming snow :grimb:
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
sade
Ancient One
Posts: 1654
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:39

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby sade » 17 Jan 2018, 01:29

bought some mountaineering boots :xx:

Hoping to get some trips to the Lake District in this winter
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7487
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Lavabug » 17 Jan 2018, 01:46

Power clean + jerk pr 100kg.
front squarsh pr of 135kg for 2x2. This was my 1rm a few months ago.
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69178
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby morbid board eli » 17 Jan 2018, 06:19

sade wrote:bought some mountaineering boots :xx:

Hoping to get some trips to the Lake District in this winter


:xx: :grim: :xx:

how is the national park scene in your lands
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
Skinfection
Metal God
Posts: 16871
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 11:02
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Skinfection » 21 Jan 2018, 13:16

Still doing BJJ 3-4 days a week. Need to get some new running shoes so I can start doing that again. Haven't been running in months :oldryan:
User avatar
sade
Ancient One
Posts: 1654
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:39

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby sade » 27 Jan 2018, 01:11

morbid board eli wrote:
sade wrote:bought some mountaineering boots :xx:

Hoping to get some trips to the Lake District in this winter


:xx: :grim: :xx:

how is the national park scene in your lands


The Lake District is the most popular and also the one I'm closest to in terms of "mountains" (although the highest mountains are only between 800 and 1000 meters in the UK). The lack of height is made up by the amount of variation and accessibility - i.e. people attempt "rounds" and to "bag" multiple mountains in a route or across a life time. In the Lake District many walkers attempt bag "Wainwrights" which are the 214 hills that Alfred Wainwright described in his books, while in Scotland they bag "Munros" which are the 282 mountains over 3,000 feet in Scotland first listed by Sir Hugh Munro.

There are also lots of long distance trails that people take multiple weeks to walk, similar to the Appalachian or Pacific Crest trails but given the amount of land we have - much shorter.
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7487
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Lavabug » 28 Jan 2018, 02:42

been feeling kinda run down lately mentally, cranky and shitty

got a 97kg snatch PR on monday but took one too many attempts at a heavy clean and jerk so I've been gassed for a few days. Kinda not wanting to even see a barbell for the past few days, just stay home and play guitfiddle.

Still hitting daily minimum numbers within 5-10kg of my bests without too much difficulty or soreness, just did me a short workout today scaling back the volume. Already starting to feel better. :greenie:

:squarsh:
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69178
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby morbid board eli » 04 Feb 2018, 21:09

sade wrote:
morbid board eli wrote:
sade wrote:bought some mountaineering boots :xx:

Hoping to get some trips to the Lake District in this winter


:xx: :grim: :xx:

how is the national park scene in your lands


The Lake District is the most popular and also the one I'm closest to in terms of "mountains" (although the highest mountains are only between 800 and 1000 meters in the UK). The lack of height is made up by the amount of variation and accessibility - i.e. people attempt "rounds" and to "bag" multiple mountains in a route or across a life time. In the Lake District many walkers attempt bag "Wainwrights" which are the 214 hills that Alfred Wainwright described in his books, while in Scotland they bag "Munros" which are the 282 mountains over 3,000 feet in Scotland first listed by Sir Hugh Munro.

There are also lots of long distance trails that people take multiple weeks to walk, similar to the Appalachian or Pacific Crest trails but given the amount of land we have - much shorter.


well this all sounds magical and great :ba: you've got me reading a bit about the lake district national park, i would love to visit it one day. it seems the british take their hikes very seriously :judge:

i hiked a bit of the appalachian trail a couple of weeks ago. that makes about six miles total :occifer: would love to do a thru-hike sometime but i doubt i'll ever have five or six free months, plus enough in savings. if you get a chance i recommend coming over and hiking a stretch :santa:
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
Skinfection
Metal God
Posts: 16871
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 11:02
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Skinfection » 09 Feb 2018, 10:00

Learning leg locks tonight :gay:
User avatar
Skinfection
Metal God
Posts: 16871
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 11:02
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Skinfection » 10 Feb 2018, 06:02

Leg locks have been learned :greenie:
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 11958
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Ninny » 20 Mar 2018, 21:22

Leg lock those bastards :grim:
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7487
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Lavabug » 20 Mar 2018, 23:55

I had a recurring knee tweak this month and I've been going to PT to fix. Almost healed, so I've been hammering other lifts besides the canary quad tremors.

Should be good to start loading the squarsh today.
User avatar
User
Metal God
Posts: 8759
Joined: 14 Aug 2014, 13:18
Location: Unknown

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby User » 21 Mar 2018, 13:47

no exercise in this period
more metal
User avatar
sade
Ancient One
Posts: 1654
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:39

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby sade » 24 Mar 2018, 21:33

Cycling and weights in this period. Losing weight slowly, down to 74kg now.

Planning day hikes as well.

No impressive lifts, with my weight down strength is down too, benched 95kg x2 the other day, most I've tried in a long time. squarsh 100kg x6, probably had a few more there but not pushing it, aim is just volume and a balance to help aid fat loss.
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69178
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby morbid board eli » 13 Apr 2018, 20:12

morbid board eli wrote:
harpsichord dynamo wrote:i need to do more things related to physical fitness

physical fitness things
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7487
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Lavabug » 20 Apr 2018, 19:07

i've been doing more and more again as I recover from a knee injury. Physio +kinesio tape and lots of hip stretching has been doing me good, pain is pretty much gone now.

made a 10rm pause squarsh pr lately, 120kg

Currently only 3-4x week as I am approaching my phd candidacy exam, but after that I am increasing the frequency and loading.
User avatar
Hitoshura
Metal God
Posts: 18630
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Hitoshura » 22 Apr 2018, 04:00

went on a short run this morning, 50s and 60s for the next week so maybe i'll finally get back into a routine
User avatar
User
Metal God
Posts: 8759
Joined: 14 Aug 2014, 13:18
Location: Unknown

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby User » 23 Apr 2018, 09:21

i drank four litres of beer last night and now i feel like food haha food
more metal
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69178
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby morbid board eli » 23 Apr 2018, 21:14

food haha food is physical
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7487
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Lavabug » 12 Jun 2018, 00:16

At my new place, I built this in the back yard:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj3UHMUFGGL ... efreeworld

beyond happy :squarsh:
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69178
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby morbid board eli » 12 Jun 2018, 01:15

the cinderblock outbuilding or the weight rack
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
morbid board eli
Postwhore
Posts: 69178
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby morbid board eli » 21 Jun 2018, 16:50

went for a good solid run this morning. only the second since moving last month :shock: and only the second this year :eek:

it rained in the night and conditions were even soggier than usual. the park we live by runs along a creek in a floodplain, so the fog was dense and the humidity heavy. an absolute swamp :ickface:

i somehow managed about three miles at a touch over nine minutes per mile. i will accept this result :beer:
Holocaust wrote:super dickton
User avatar
Skinfection
Metal God
Posts: 16871
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 11:02
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Ein Physical Fitness Thread.

Postby Skinfection » 22 Jun 2018, 09:23

Haven't been running in about a year :oldryan:

I also got ankle locked really bad a few weeks back in BJJ so I can only drill but not roll until my leg is less fucked :tear:

Return to “Hobbies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest