People who stream while gaming

Chat about your non-music hobbies here: from concocting beer and cider to Dark Souls, gardening, Canary Squats and beyond.
shadowalk
Metal God

People who stream while gaming

Post by shadowalk »

They seem to be growing in number. I never actually understood why would anyone film themselves as they play a game in their place so that people could watch them as they play. I mean I get speed runs and all that stuff on YouTube; most of those are actually just meant to review a game...is this sort of an evolution of that?
vO)))id
Metal God

Re: People who stream while gaming

Post by vO)))id »

Twitch is built for it.

I follow a few pro Quake Champions players, who are at the top of the world. They actually explain tactics and stuff. I like that a lot.

Maybe because I’ve been into Quake tournaments as well I find this interesting. Plus, the big tournaments also get streamed on Twitch. Which is just a live broadcast with announcers hosting the games for the audience there and for viewers.

But all those WoW, Fortnite and Battle Royal streamers with 50k viewers and shit.... ugh :oldryan:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

I can understand Twitch and similar platforms. I used to watch people play Starcraft (and Starcraft 2) on such platforms just to see how would they use the different races against one another.

I guess I'm referring to the latter. I follow a particular Facebook group that where PC hardware stuff is traded. Lately, some people have been posting (plugging) live streams of themselves playing Playerunknown Battlegrounds and Fortnite on said group and they're actually new to these games. I fail to see what their reasons are for doing so aside from just simple attention-whoring.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Yeah... well, I guess it’s all about extending their “15 minutes of fame”.

I think in a few years people will want their “15 minutes of privacy” instead.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i used to watch a lot of high level competitive fighting game tournaments, i think that's where streaming really shines is giving a platform to top level players & competitions. ever since street fighter 5 took over though my interest pretty much evaporated because the game is shit.

i don't give the slightest shit about 'personalities' just playing random games or anything like that. i've never streamed anything myself, though a couple of people in my raid group used to broadcast our sessions just for a few friends that wanted to watch or whatever.
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

I'm a speedrunner streamer but seldom stream a game casually. I personally don't like to watch someone playing agame casually but i think from the streamers perspective it's more fun to play and feel like you've got some people watching you.