Biking and Hiking metal punks

Chat about your non-music hobbies here: from concocting beer and cider to Dark Souls, gardening, Canary spaghetti quad tremors and beyond.
crumbswamkghoshthber

Biking and Hiking metal punks

Postby crumbswamkghoshthber » 22 Mar 2015, 16:48

Here's a little corner where we can post some pretty pictures and accounts from days out on the trail   :dutch: :redpanda:

This Friday gone I had added incentive to get out of the house at 6am and catch a train to Shrewsbury with my bike, the highlight of the day being a partial solar eclipse which fitted in nicely with a few straightforward low level hills. I found a good viewpoint on Harmer Hill to watch the shadows slowly creep across the land. It was quite a surreal moment in the dusklike conditions as the partial eclipse reached its maximum and through some trees I could see the sun as a thin crescent if I squinted hard enough.

SL373404.JPG

SL373405.JPG

SL373409.JPG

After that I headed over to Grinshill Hill which was just under 200m but had an superb outlook over the Shropshire plain, with some fine rugged sandstone outcrops to peer down from. It warmed up nicely again here while the sun started shining full power once more as I ate my tuna butty very contentedly.

SL373410.JPG

I had a few more hours cycling around after that to get to my return station which wound the day down very finely through some gentle countryside.

SL373411.JPG

All in all it was a quaint and pleasant trip out in a very 'English' landscape. As the year goes on though I do hope to put in some hikes through much wilder and remote surroundings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
How many crumbs would a crumbswamk wamk if a crumbswamk could wamk crumbs?
horse dealies
Postwhore

Re: Biking and Hiking metal punks

Postby horse dealies » 22 Mar 2015, 18:25

nice pics zlayed. dynamite thread idea as well :xx:

i shall contribute to this :gay:
<div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(255,255,240);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(0,0,0);">
<p style="font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;"> 
<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Aðalsteinn" data-cid="608776" data-time="1482447919">
I'm all for supportive moms
</blockquote>

</div>
</div>
</div>

Abzu
Postwhore

Postby Abzu » 23 Mar 2015, 06:39

ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.

;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Postby Abzu » 23 Mar 2015, 06:41

Mt. Mansfield last September
http://i.imgur.com/QDFWohDl.jpg

I'm eager for the trails to be usable again around here. I need to get my hike on.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.

;,,;
horse dealies
Postwhore

Postby horse dealies » 24 Mar 2015, 19:14

this sunday i am taking the pup on a hike to the miami whitewater forest

http://greatparks.org/parks/miami-whitewater-forest

it is a nice big park with an eight-mile wooded trail that we will walk the extent of. only twenty minutes from my house :xx: i will take some photographs while there
<div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(255,255,240);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(0,0,0);">
<p style="font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;"> 
<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Aðalsteinn" data-cid="608776" data-time="1482447919">
I'm all for supportive moms
</blockquote>

</div>
</div>
</div>

Return to “Hobbies”