Earache's newest cash grab

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Earache's newest cash grab

Post by Mutilator »

I wondered where they were so here they are:

"Hey everyone,

Well with the arrival of summer our big news is that Morbid Angel's first four seminal albums are to be released on limited edition gatefold coloured vinyl LPs and digipak CDs with exclusive posters.

Needing little introduction these albums were the definition of trailblazers within the vibrant Death Metal scene of the late 1980's and early 1990's with 'Altars Of Madness' laying the foundations for the majestic, feral masterpiece that is 'Blessed Are The Sick', before 'Domination' cemented Morbid Angel's legendary Death Metal status following on from the mighty 'Covenant'. The only albums to feature the classic line up of Trey Azagthoth, Pete Sandoval and David Vincent these four records are essential to every extreme metal fans collection!

Of course with the ultra limited 'Formulas Fatal To The Flesh' LP selling out in under 20 hours last year we advise you to make your order now to avoiding missing out on these stunning collectors editions.

<!-- m -->http://www.earache.com/webstore/index.p ... 667_671_72<!-- m -->

In keeping with the season we also have some new merchandise, which besides a rather killer new range of non band shirts including the infamous "I Heart Thrash" design that was previously only available on our festival stalls, also features 10 brand new girls shirts sporting the logos of some of Earache's finest including At The Gates, Evile, Morbid Angel, Municipal Waste and Napalm Death in a range of sizes and on both vest tops and girlie shirts!!"
vO)))id
Metal God

Re: Earache's newest cash grab

Post by vO)))id »

It itches with me when I see those LP gatefolds... but I'm not going to buy them.

The lava edition of FFF is enough for me, since that's my fave album.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i'd like to get B/C on vinyl but... meh
God of Perverse
Neophyte

Post by God of Perverse »

I couldn't resist, I already bought the Ultra Limited Vinyl Pack... :wall:
biospazz
Neophyte

Post by biospazz »

Another edition of Altars and Blessed. Has it been a year already? I don't buy these anymore on principle, but I'd caution that the only thing special about the last few limited vinyls I've bought from Earache was how retarded and amateur the wax looked compared to the advertised product. The "pepsi swirl" Need to Control LP was downright laughable. :shake:
anubis211
Neophyte

Post by anubis211 »

Somebody noticed that Brunelle is on the Covenant LP? :lol:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="anubis211"]Somebody noticed that Brunelle is on the Covenant LP? :lol:[/quote]

Where? :huh:
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness

Post by RitesOfPossession »

You can see him in the background of the Covenant picture. It looks like the same picture as the Blessed LP just in black and white.

Not sure what I'm going to do about these. I seriously fancing owning all these on vinyl but I'm not sure what version I'm going for.

[quote name="Mutilator"]In keeping with the season we also have some new merchandise, which besides a rather killer new range of non band shirts including the infamous "I Heart Thrash" design that was previously only available on our festival stalls[/quote]

What pisses me off about this is that they're selling a Fuck Deathcore shirt despite being a label who, over the past couple of years, has released a number of deathcore releases.
Anjel
Ancient One

Post by Anjel »

[quote name="anubis211"]Somebody noticed that Brunelle is on the Covenant LP? :lol:[/quote]

Oh wow. :lol:
God of Perverse
Neophyte

Post by God of Perverse »

haha that's true. I hope the picture is not indicative...
Desoppus

Post by Desoppus »

B C and D was only available with that ultra limited pack??
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness

Post by RitesOfPossession »

[quote name="Desoppus"]B C and D was only available with that ultra limited pack??[/quote]

No I think tey get announced later. They're not all being released at the same time.
Desoppus

Post by Desoppus »

Nice, now my only problem is that I don´t have Visa :grin:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

Interesting how they are able to include a video on the vinyl.....

Not gonna buy a 8th version of AOM. Fuck em.

:fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff:

Oh, and btw: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff:
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

No prob, the 4-pack pre-order sold out yesterday or maybe even earlier, I think..
latem
Mature Neophyte

Post by latem »

the BATS reissues are up for preorder now too
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Anjel"]

Oh wow. :lol:[/quote]

I have no idea where I'm looking... (all i see is Covenant CD)
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

There already sold out again.
claudeofemptiness
Mature Neophyte

Post by claudeofemptiness »

earache's other new cash grab...

<!-- m -->http://vevo.ly/kSuWpk<!-- m -->
latem
Mature Neophyte

Post by latem »

[quote name="claudeofemptiness"]earache's other new cash grab...

<!-- m -->http://vevo.ly/kSuWpk<!-- m -->[/quote]

what is it,i cant get vevo in my region?!?
claudeofemptiness
Mature Neophyte

Post by claudeofemptiness »

[quote name="latem"]

what is it,i cant get vevo in my region?!?[/quote]

it's a band that really is trying to sound like zeppelin and the black keys called Rival Sons

[youtube]-MA0m1K2jW4[/youtube]
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

I got the COVENANT reissue the other day. It's fucking awesome, cool poster with an old ¨93-era bandpic, also some new layout. :fonz:
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Earache is going to re-release Covenant on vinyl. They call the sound quality FLR Full Dynamic Range which means it's not clipped. This probably means that the former vinyl re-releases are clipped?
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I thought the Chapel was locked.

:lcok:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Spirits of the Deep Waters"]I got the COVENANT reissue the other day. It's fucking awesome, cool poster with an old ¨93-era bandpic, also some new layout. :fonz:[/quote]

any additional material or pics or booklet shit apart from what you mentioned above?
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="claudeofemptiness"]
[quote name="latem"]

what is it,i cant get vevo in my region?!?[/quote]

it's a band that really is trying to sound like zeppelin and the black keys called Rival Sons

[youtube]-MA0m1K2jW4[/youtube][/quote]

fucking horrible...
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

yep thats some pretty blatant zeppelinery

except page's riffs were never that dull
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people