Mike Browning chimes in...

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
xr2m
Mature Neophyte

Mike Browning chimes in...

Post by xr2m »

Long time lurker here (almost back to this board's inception) and have been checking in from time to time over the years, but the latest hoopla about the new album made me finally register and post. Better late than never, I guess. Just wondering if anyone has seen this yet:

<!-- m -->http://www.facebook.com/officialmorbida ... 1788082748<!-- m -->

Mike Browning

OK people I think I should finally speak up about this whole mess!!! When I was in Morbid Angel back in 1986, the first time I ever met David Vincent he was wearing a gold right side up cross earring and a red, white and blue hockey shirt and I knew he was a poser and I have known all along that David has always been in Morbid Angel for the money and not because he is truly into what Morbid Angel stood for when Trey and I started the band. So really what you have here is David doing what he really likes and has liked all along or he would have never quit the band in the first place! Wake up people Morbid are ONLY back together for the MONEY!

Funny stuff. While David is certainly to blame for a lot of the lameness on the new CD (like lyrics and the two-songs-not-to-be-named :frown: ), Trey is just as guilty for letting it get to this point. What a shame.
^_____________^
Ancient One
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body

Re: Mike Browning chimes in...

Post by ^_____________^ »

How can we be sure this is real?
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

It looks and sounds too bitter to be any former member of MA. Just a hater pretending to be him.
xr2m
Mature Neophyte

Post by xr2m »

Yeah, it may not be him - I can't click on his profile link to verify for some reason. Anyway, he used to be pretty active in terms of answering stuff on Myspace, so I thought it might be him. If not, I apologize. I can certainly imagine old members being disillusioned over what the band has become, though.
^_____________^
Ancient One

I hate Dave with a passion but I'm slow to accept that he was this much of a fruitcake when Mike Browning met him. He was in Terrorizer before Morbid Angel, after all, and if Mike Browning met him in his early teen years I'd be much more willing to accept this... it really doesn't add up. It's troll bait.
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

:interessant:
xr2m
Mature Neophyte

Post by xr2m »

[quote name="^_____________^"]I hate Dave with a passion but I'm slow to accept that he was this much of a fruitcake when Mike Browning met him. He was in Terrorizer before Morbid Angel, after all, and if Mike Browning met him in his early teen years I'd be much more willing to accept this... it really doesn't add up. It's troll bait.[/quote]

I understand your point of view, but I remember hearing so many rumors about David back in the day (around the release of Altars) that I'm almost inclined to believe Mike, if that's really him. Of course, my dislike for the new album is probably weighing in pretty heavily.
^_____________^
Ancient One

I'd be interested in hearing some of the rumours, I'm only nineteen years old but a proud listener of Morbid Angel for four years. I really don't want my hate for Dave to cloud my judgments on this one.
xr2m
Mature Neophyte

Post by xr2m »

[quote name="^_____________^"]I'd be interested in hearing some of the rumours, I'm only nineteen years old but a proud listener of Morbid Angel for four years. I really don't want my hate for Dave to cloud my judgments on this one.[/quote]

I'm 34 and remember hearing around the time that "Altars" came out that David was into glam rock and such, and you'd see him in Tampa wearing Roxx Gang t-shirts and stuff like that. Who knows if it was true, but it definitely didn't stop me from worshipping "Altars of Madness" at the time. I was around 12/13 or so during that time and didn't care anyway, but it was amusing.

I think someone else on here brought up the weird rumor of David and Trey having sex in a graveyard too - I heard that one back in the day, but never believed it.
^_____________^
Ancient One

Yeah, that's just ridiculous.

There's another rumour that Fenriz is bisexual, unrelated, but I think it's funny because I actually tend to believe that one. :huh: :mmno:
xr2m
Mature Neophyte

Post by xr2m »

[quote name="^_____________^"]Yeah, that's just ridiculous.

There's another rumour that Fenriz is bisexual, unrelated, but I think it's funny because I actually tend to believe that one. :huh: [/quote]

I remember hearing that David hustled in NC and Goreque was mostly paid by one of his sugar daddies. Who knows if that's true, though.
14th4th

Post by 14th4th »

That's totally him folks, the one who he's on a relationship off is someone I know back here in the Philippines.
^_____________^
Ancient One

[quote name="xr2m"]
[quote name="^_____________^"]Yeah, that's just ridiculous.

There's another rumour that Fenriz is bisexual, unrelated, but I think it's funny because I actually tend to believe that one. :huh: [/quote]

I remember hearing that David hustled in NC and Goreque was mostly paid by one of his sugar daddies. Who knows if that's true, though.[/quote]

Now, that's just fucking hilarious.
Drum Solo

Post by Drum Solo »

I can't explain the above rumors, but I do remember reading an entirely plausible account of how David Vincent came onto the scene and completely inflated his ability to enable bands to go places, which apparently had something to do with Abominations.

On the one hand Morbid Angel did wind up being huge for a while, but on the other hand David Vincent left after a fairly short amount of time, and seemed to have abandoned whatever thesis he had on the state of mankind during A-C (I can't believe they still play World of Shit live).
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

I don't believe it's Mike Browning: he would always promote his bands on his Facebook like he does on his myspace, not hide his Facebook.

I've send him a message though Myspace so if it's a troll, he has the apportunity to set things straight.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Agreed, I don't think it's him.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Also:

[quote name="Morbid Angel Facebook"]We have challenged ourselves with this new record and in turn challenge you to think outside a predetermined box.[/quote]

"You don't like IDI? Well, then you're not thinking outside a predetermined box!"

:lol: :fuckoff:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

fucking boxes how do they work
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Drum Solo

Post by Drum Solo »

Predetermined box :frown:

RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness

Post by RitesOfPossession »

[quote name="Drum Solo"]I can't explain the above rumors, but I do remember reading an entirely plausible account of how David Vincent came onto the scene and completely inflated his ability to enable bands to go places, which apparently had something to do with Abominations.[/quote]

I've always thought that David seemed to think he was some sort of underground "bigshot" back in the late-80s. Correct me if I'm wrong, but i've never heard that David did anything in the underground before Morbid Angel, apart from running his "label" which at that time didn't have any releases.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Drum Solo"]Predetermined box :frown:

Image[/quote]

Hahahaha! :lol: OMFG... sorry for laughing but that's just sad.
groomdedz
Neophyte

Post by groomdedz »

That's him. Look at this photos, comments and he's fellating lover with Steve, Tim and Richard. That's definitely Mike.
deep in your hearts you have nothing but fear!!!!
vega
Metal God

Post by vega »

Image[/quote]

:oldryan: :oldryan: :oldryan:
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One

Post by Hallucinating dead »

Image[/quote]

:fonz:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="groomdedz"]That's him. Look at this photos, comments and he's fellating lover with Steve, Tim and Richard. That's definitely Mike.[/quote]

FUCK! You're right: I remember that on Myspace he was also into his Chevy.
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

Yeah, it's him. He and I have been FB friends for a little while and it showed up on my wall that he had made a post on the MA page.

\m/ MIKE \m/

I have also sent him a note last week asking him to come over to the MABB and post some and he said he would.
Fuck 'em
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:xx: :xx: :xx:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

That would be a sweet show: Mike, Trey, Steve, and Tony \m/ FUCK YEAH! I know it won't happen, but I would love to see a 25 year anniversary release come out for Abominations of Desolation this year and maybe a couple of shows, but I won't hold my breath. :grim: :grimb: :grimxx:
Fuck 'em
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Mike Browning is a nobody. So I don't give a rats ass about what he thinks Morbid Angel is or isn't.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:frown:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
^_____________^
Ancient One

[quote name=";,,;"]:frown:[/quote]
luis138
Neophyte

Post by luis138 »

[quote name="^_____________^"]I hate Dave with a passion but I'm slow to accept that he was this much of a fruitcake when Mike Browning met him. He was in Terrorizer before Morbid Angel, after all, and if Mike Browning met him in his early teen years I'd be much more willing to accept this... it really doesn't add up. It's troll bait.[/quote]

Dave was not in Terrorizer before Morbid Angel. Terrorizer was Pete, Jesse, Oscar and Garvey. Pete left for Morbid and Jesse left for Napalm. When they had the opportunity to release a CD they had no bass player due to Garvey being in jail so they asked Dave to play bass for the CD. He was just a hired musician and the label's way of capitalizing on the success of Morbid Angel.

Luis
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="^_____________^"]
[quote name=";,,;"]:frown:[/quote][/quote]
Fuck 'em
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="luis138"]

Dave was not in Terrorizer before Morbid Angel. Terrorizer was Pete, Jesse, Oscar and Garvey. Pete left for Morbid and Jesse left for Napalm. When they had the opportunity to release a CD they had no bass player due to Garvey being in jail so they asked Dave to play bass for the CD. He was just a hired musician and the label's way of capitalizing on the success of Morbid Angel.

Luis[/quote]

There is so much back-story to the whole sordid affair with Browning/Trey/Dave, I will leave to the MABB Historian to explain, but man how things could have been different.
Fuck 'em
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I'm glad Pete entered the band. Mike is cool but I've never been a fan of his drumming.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
^_____________^
Ancient One

[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="luis138"]

Luis[/quote]

There is so much back-story to the whole sordid affair with Browning/Trey/Dave, I will leave to the MABB Historian to explain, but man how things could have been different.[/quote]

I want to hear :santa:

I'm :frown: ing so much at Dave in this period.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

I thought David Vincent was a history student/graduate and the lyrics of the first 3 albums are still great imo.

[quote name="IRONMAN"]Mike Browning is a nobody. So I don't give a rats ass about what he thinks Morbid Angel is or isn't.[/quote]

Are you trollin'? Mike co-founded Morbid Angel and founded Nocturnus: 2 of the best bands that ever were: :xx: :xx:
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="^_____________^"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="luis138"]

Luis[/quote]

There is so much back-story to the whole sordid affair with Browning/Trey/Dave, I will leave to the MABB Historian to explain, but man how things could have been different.[/quote]

I want to hear :santa:

I'm :frown: ing so much at Dave in this period.[/quote]

It is a lot of he said he said she said shit. I don't know what is completely true. I have heard Mike's version, which seems plausible, but not having facts and not having been able to speak directly with Trey, I feel it is an area I am woefully inadequate to talk about, BUT I will try to find a couple of articles and you can read from there. I am glad Pete came as well, Pete was an excellent fit, no PERFECT, but the uniqueness, at that time I believe, of having a metal drummer also be the singer was pretty frigging cool.

This site was put together and is maintained by one of our members and has some detail about it.http://www.sathvyre.de/chapelofghouls/ go the the Interviews section. If he is to believed then you gonna be frowning a lot more, but again, these are not my words I point you to, but Mike's :santa:
Fuck 'em
^_____________^
Ancient One

[quote name="Mike Browning"]

"As I just said I guess Trey got along too good with my girlfriend, I caught them together at Trey's moms house where he lived at the time and I beat his ass so bad that was the end of me being in MORBID ANGEL and jamming with Trey! The next day he came and got his equipment from the house that Richard, Sterling and I lived in and that was the last time we ever played together."[/quote]

LOL FUCKING MORBID FAIL!

Dave sounds like a sociopath.
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

That interviewer was so annoying. Obviously wasn't listening to half the responses from Mike.

Anyway. So many details there and it was all quite depressing to read. Like a god damn soap opera. Time to give formulas a spin and forget about it...
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

[quote name="IRONMAN"]Mike Browning is a nobody. So I don't give a rats ass about what he thinks Morbid Angel is or isn't.[/quote]

What does MAs collective dick taste like,homo?
unholy_ghoul
Mature Neophyte

Post by unholy_ghoul »

This a one sided version of the story, but still if it's true then David V. has always been an asshole.

When I see interviews with him a few years back (before he engaged the salesman approach), he seemed like a really nice and interesting hard-on bearer... and lyric-wise it looked like he knew what he was talking about.

Not so sure now.
Socializing is overrated. Or, underrated. I can't remember which one it is.
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

Also Mike is doing some shows coming up in Chilie and has put out a request for a bass player if any of y'all are interested. Hit him up on his Facebook or I can get an email address for you.
Fuck 'em
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

[quote name="mabb_"]

What does MAs collective dick taste like,homo?[/quote]

You seem awfully upset about something. I wonder what it is.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

It's the disrespectfullness towards someone who played an important role in some great bands and has ever stayed true to the original metalarchetypes.
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

Yep.You were out of line with that comment.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Fuck you cunts! woooo who wants to get pissed

PHUCK FILADELPHIA wooooo :beer:
;,,;
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="unholy_ghoul"]This a one sided version of the story, but still if it's true then David V. has always been an asshole.

When I see interviews with him a few years back (before he engaged the salesman approach), he seemed like a really nice and interesting hard-on bearer... and lyric-wise it looked like he knew what he was talking about.

Not so sure now.[/quote]

I still think he knows what he's talking about. But the subject is simply a failure.
KevinP
Mature Neophyte

Post by KevinP »

I posted on that FB thread how it "sounds like sour grapes Mr. Browning".

Not even 24 hours later I get a fellating lover Request from him. I had my doubts, but it seemed legit with the photos he had up and responses he did to others. But it could be a cleaver ruse.

Either way, who gives a shit :grin:
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

It is no ruse. But could we argue you give a shit since you posted a comment in relation to his post :grin:
Fuck 'em