My triptych has arrived

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

My triptych has arrived

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

It is at home right now.

I am scared as every member has so far posted a frigging horror story about how they received theirs. :oldryan:

I will post the results tonight, in about 2 hours.
Fuck 'em
Abzu
Postwhore

Re: My triptych has arrived

Post by Abzu »

:sicken:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
^_____________^
Ancient One
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body

Post by ^_____________^ »

I AM AWAITING EAGERLY!
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

I ordered mine about a week and a half ago, and it's still pending :shakefist:
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

fingers crossed dude!
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

It arrived:

First Look:

THen nothing but downhil:

It's also warped:

These were in the box.

And it was a cool patch until I looked at it. Couldn't even get that right, but since they got teh Blasphegram backwards par for the course with this outing it seems:

This is the worst band offering I have EVER experienced. Along with you all I have waited for 8 years for this release and to have what was released, released, and then basically telling fans who don't like it that they are not real fans or thinking inside a box instead of outside, shit, and this from the band thmeslves; too have such a high priced item and then they all too be broken. From having to wait for almost a month after its relase before getting my Nevermore and now this, and knowing I am not some isolated case. This is a horrible roll out. I won't ever spend money with this company again, EVER! :fuckoff:

I know it ain't MA's fault but I still can't help feeling the emotion of severe disappointment towards them right now. :frown:
Fuck 'em
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

:oldryan:

sorry brah
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

There has to be a joke out there about ma telling people to "think outside the box" in terms of the new album and all these shitty constructed, poorly packaged, fall apart "boxes" som are sending out, but I'll let someone else think of one.
^_____________^
Ancient One
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body

Post by ^_____________^ »

This album is a failure in every aspect.
Uros

Post by Uros »

MA are thinking so out of the box, that even their CDs had to shatter these boxes to break free.

"No box stands before me

Destructos be my guide"

Sorry man :santa:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

^^^^ something to this effect :redneck:
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

What a disgrace.Is it only a one album deal they signed?
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="only pieces remain"]There has to be a joke out there about ma telling people to "think outside the box" in terms of the new album and all these shitty constructed, poorly packaged, fall apart "boxes" som are sending out, but I'll let someone else think of one.[/quote]

:lol: Shit, if only
Fuck 'em
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]

And it was a cool patch until I looked at it. Couldn't even get that right, but since they got the Blasphegram backwards par for the course with this outing it seems:

Image[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just realized, the patch has fucking 8's instead of S's :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a giant fucking joke on us all 'round :fuckoff:
Fuck 'em
Uros

Post by Uros »

I now know that I want Morbid Angel in the box. Both musically and packaging-wise. Oh, and Evil D out of the closet too. :gay:
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

I'm okay with MA never releasing another album if this is what we can expect.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]This is the worst band offering I have EVER experienced. Along with you all I have waited for 8 years for this release and to have what was released, released, and then basically telling fans who don't like it that they are not real fans or thinking inside a box instead of outside, shit, and this from the band thmeslves; too have such a high priced item and then they all too be broken. From having to wait for almost a month after its relase before getting my Nevermore and now this, and knowing I am not some isolated case. This is a horrible roll out. I won't ever spend money with this company again, EVER! :fuckoff:

I know it ain't MA's fault but I still can't help feeling the emotion of severe disappointment towards them right now. :frown:[/quote]

I was going to make a joke about how much money you spent but after looking at all the pics I just want to say that fucking blows dude. I hope you can get a refund.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

dang. seriously man, i feel for ya. demand your money back, along with a free shipping label to send that garbage back!

get them to go overnight on the return shipping just to make sure they lose some serious money on the deal :redneck:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:oldryan:

I wish I could PHILADELPHIA it away, man. Sorry to see you fell victim too.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

nice shoes :santa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness

Post by LAVAGOD »

Wait. Did any of the contents like vinyl and such come completely with it and was it all damaged?
LAVA!!!
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

And it was a cool patch until I looked at it. Couldn't even get that right, but since they got the Blasphegram backwards par for the course with this outing it seems:

Image[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just realized, the patch has fucking 8's instead of S's :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a giant fucking joke on us all 'round :fuckoff:[/quote]

Did you order the patch seperatly? I've seen Patches with a lot of bloopers concerning the Blasphegram. But those were non-official ones.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Aww man...

Fuck that blasphegram is just ridiculous!

And you see how it's packed? Really, which fucking backwards asshole ever thought that would be safe? .... :frown:
zambon
God of Emptiness

Post by zambon »

this proofs how unprofessional things can get in some labels ...
Havohej
Neophyte

Post by Havohej »

That sucks majorly! Mine arrived with only the steps and the candle holders loose, everything else was fine. Well apart from the ridiculous patch and insense burner that is! The patch is fucking chronic. I live in Scotland though so the box didn't have totravel too far, maybe Royal Mail was actually careful for once?
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness

Post by RitesOfPossession »

[quote name="Havohej"]The patch is fucking chronic.[/quote]

:huh:
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="LAVAGOD"]Wait. Did any of the contents like vinyl and such come completely with it and was it all damaged?[/quote]

The contents were all good. The candles were not broken. Incense holder was fine. The t-shirt was just thrown in but meh. The album itself is shrink-wrapped and I did not open it. It was supposed to come with a download card and I am suspecting it is in the vinyl. The poster was also in decent shape, full sized; will have to put that in a frame. The CD book was cool too, but as already discussed NO additional info in it.

Overall I must say as well that the box itself is not as cool as what they have listed on the website. I don't understand why they keep that picture up even on MA's website, it is still that same picture. :brushteeth:

From what I can tell it looks like the damage was done BEFORE it was packed to be reshipped. When I pulled the first box out I had hope as it was packed in rolled plastic like a Cheech and Chong blunt baby, but when opening the main box, that is when it all came apart, lol! It is going to be a pain in the ass replacing / refunding as I have already had a horrible experience dealing with SoM with the Nevermore release. It took weeks before I got a reply.

I have posted it up on their Facebook page but even there, I am not alone. Trying to decide whether to even throw up on MA's Facebook, but I am sure that would be pointless. It's not their fault, but this is their representative is how I see it.

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]This is the worst band offering I have EVER experienced. Along with you all I have waited for 8 years for this release and to have what was released, released, and then basically telling fans who don't like it that they are not real fans or thinking inside a box instead of outside, shit, and this from the band thmeslves; too have such a high priced item and then they all too be broken. From having to wait for almost a month after its relase before getting my Nevermore and now this, and knowing I am not some isolated case. This is a horrible roll out. I won't ever spend money with this company again, EVER! :fuckoff:

I know it ain't MA's fault but I still can't help feeling the emotion of severe disappointment towards them right now. :frown:[/quote]

I was going to make a joke about how much money you spent but after looking at all the pics I just want to say that fucking blows dude. I hope you can get a refund.[/quote]

[quote name="Derek Waters"]dang. seriously man, i feel for ya. demand your money back, along with a free shipping label to send that garbage back!

get them to go overnight on the return shipping just to make sure they lose some serious money on the deal :redneck:[/quote]

What really gets me too is I don't' even know what to do ultimately. I want the box, I want the items dammit, but as I wrote the Sales people, "how can you ensure me I am going to get a better one, and shit, it has taken so long already, does this mean another fucking 2 month or so wait." FUCK!

I will say this though, that shirt is really fucking cool. I mean, it really is. The Morbid Angel logo on the front is huge and the back print is really clear, but it is NOT $199 cool.

[quote name="Nick"]nice shoes :santa:[/quote]

They're American Eagles. Comfortable as a mo-fo man. I love them. :santa:

[quote name="Uni"]

And it was a cool patch until I looked at it. Couldn't even get that right, but since they got the Blasphegram backwards par for the course with this outing it seems:[/quote]

Just a giant fucking joke on us all 'round :fuckoff:[/quote]

Did you order the patch seperatly? I've seen Patches with a lot of bloopers concerning the Blasphegram. But those were non-official ones.[/quote]

The patch they just threw in I guess as I did not order it. There was also a sticker, the same one that came with the Nevermore EP.

[quote name="VΩI∆"]Aww man...

Fuck that blasphegram is just ridiculous!

And you see how it's packed? Really, which fucking backwards asshole ever thought that would be safe? .... :frown:[/quote]

It is so unprofessional. Hell the first picture, that "hump" you see is the actual boxed box with NO BUBBLE WRAP on it.

I still looks like the damage was done prior to getting to SoM though. I am willing to bet they did not inspect them. Some of the damage on the corners and warping could not have been done if it was after it had been packed in the bubble wrap.

My wife says I should try and fix it. Part of me wants to take a big ole shit in it and then ship back to them as a good ole American expression of appreciation for the consideration they showed me, but that would be pointless. But very relieving. :grin:

I am going to try and handle it as professionally as I can.

[quote name="Havohej"]That sucks majorly! Mine arrived with only the steps and the candle holders loose, everything else was fine. [/quote]

Count your blessings young Padawan, the Force looks favorably upon you.

:xx:
Fuck 'em
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:frown: WHATTHEFUCKDOTHEYNOTGETABOUTPACKINGITEMSFORSHIPPING?! :waa:

:piss2: A monkey could fucking do it! :piss1:

I fucking hate seeing this shit happen. MA fans are shelling out for these boxes and getting fucked! :shakefist:

Eduardo: Puke it up on the Season of Mist facebook wall. That got me immediate results that the web sales email was supposed to but did not.
;,,;
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name=";,,;"]Eduardo: Puke it up on the Season of Mist facebook wall. That got me immediate results that the web sales email was supposed to but did not.[/quote]

Just got done doing that, we shall see :grim:
Fuck 'em
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name=";,,;"]Hey guys - I keep hearing about people receiving the Morbid Angel box broken. I'm not being a dick here; I genuinely give a shit. I'm a long time Morbid Angel fan and I hate to see this happen to other fans. I used to pack fragile items for rough shipping for a living. Whoever does the packing -- I'm more than willing to give advice to keep this from happening to more fans! I can't imagine having to replace the broken boxes is financially good for you, right?

4 minutes ago · Like · [/quote]

[quote name="Season of Mist"]we understand, but this is not the place for that, sorry. if you really want to give our mailorder guys advices, please write to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:mailorder@season-of-mist.com">mailorder@season-of-mist.com</a><!-- e --> and <!-- e --><a href="mailto:salesusa@season-of-mist.com">salesusa@season-of-mist.com</a><!-- e -->[/quote]
;,,;
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

Yeah, I am not expecting this to be an easy thing unfortunately. Fuckers :fuckoff:

:piss2: SoM :piss1:

You know what REALLY gets to me about all this though: Where is the backlash? I know the Band has got to be aware by now of the problems with these things. It makes me also feel that the record company really doesn't give a shit. I keep going back to this being an 8 year wait we have had. And like you stated earlier, this is about FANS spending their money and getting the shaft. It just seems everything has been stacked against this release.

If this really is what they expect about thinking outside the box, then, damn :frown:
Fuck 'em
Drum Solo

Post by Drum Solo »

The merch probably went through either the official city of the chicago cubs or Atlanta if it entered the U.S. That explains any of the damage and lateness. There's no excuse for the music. :vomit:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name=";,,;"]I’ve been hearing about a lot of these boxes arriving broken and, from the photos, it looks due to packing. I am a long time Morbid Angel fan and I hate to see this happening to other fans. As well, it cannot be financially good to have to keep replacing these, right? I used to pack fragile items for shipping for a living, so I’ll give you some guidelines in hopes that the issue can be curbed.

º All cavities, such as drawers, should be filled with either packing peanuts or bubble wrap. Open space creates a crush point.

º All moving parts, such as hinges and drawers, should be taped or banded to prevent movement. (Even minimal excessive movement can wear at screw and dowel joints.)

º Whole box should then be bubble wrapped on all ends and corners.

º Shipping box should be at least 1” (2.54cm) wider on all sides than bubble wrapped item. (Example: If bubble-wrapped box measures 12x12x18”, the box interior dimensions should be 14x14x20”.)

º Drop in 1” packing peanuts.

º Place box in.

º Stuff packing peanuts around and on top of box.

º Closing the box SHOULD BE difficult. You need an effective padding of peanuts on all sides.

º If it squishes or is at all loose, it needs more peanuts.

By this guide, the box sets will survive shipping conditions (often involving 5’ falls with other packages up to 200lb landing on top).

Hope that helps.

~Scott

;,,; <!-- m -->http://mabb.us<!-- m --> ;,,;[/quote]
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Isn't the Season of Mist US office relatively new? I think they bit off more than they were prepared to chew and are maybe overwhelmed. Nothing excuses that patch, though. I mean fuck... an incorrect Morbid Angel logo then the album title below it... just white on black background... no picture to speak of. Th'fuck is that shit?!
;,,;
unholy_ghoul
Mature Neophyte

Post by unholy_ghoul »

I don't think they'll give a rat's ass about your advices...what a crap. Good thing I've decided not to buy it I guess.

Hope you get a new one or atleast a refund dude.
Socializing is overrated. Or, underrated. I can't remember which one it is.
Drum Solo

Post by Drum Solo »

None of that matters if it gets shipped with a "freight" company at any point. You're basically left to the best judgment of the staff, and most of them don't give a shit, especially if it's in a box that doesn't have stickers all over it that say "DO NOT STACK!" And even if they do have those warnings most guys assume it's bullshit, at least when it's international freight that doesn't come by all the time.
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness

Post by LAVAGOD »

Dude this album is all a big joke!! By the way what does PHILADELPHIA mean?
LAVA!!!
Drum Solo

Post by Drum Solo »

An adult with sexually predatory inclinations toward children?
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Drum Solo"]None of that matters if it gets shipped with a "freight" company at any point. You're basically left to the best judgment of the staff, and most of them don't give a shit, especially if it's in a box that doesn't have stickers all over it that say "DO NOT STACK!" And even if they do have those warnings most guys assume it's bullshit, at least when it's international freight that doesn't come by all the time.[/quote]

That's why the packing standard I reiterated in my email to them is important. That standard will survive large drops and other heavy packages landing on top of it. You could kick a box I packed all the fuck over the place and the item inside will be fine.

You always have to go in assuming everyone who handles the package between you and the recipient does not give a flying fuck.
;,,;
Drum Solo

Post by Drum Solo »

The people who ship your merch don't necessarily pack it, and the products it eventually rides with are probably much, much heavier when you get farther away from where it's headed (e.g. a 3500 lb. generator vs. one of those flimsy boxes). Plus, at those two locations I mentioned, nobody gives a shit. :frown:
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="LAVAGOD"]Dude this album is all a big joke!! By the way what does PHILADELPHIA mean?[/quote]

This sums it up best :santa:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11195&p=17853 ... p178533</a><!-- l -->
Fuck 'em
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One

Post by Hallucinating dead »

:piss2: SoM :piss1:

[/quote]

I pre-ordered "In the flesh", it reached here on 16th june. Thats one month late :wall:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name=";,,;"]Eduardo: Puke it up on the Season of Mist facebook wall. That got me immediate results that the web sales email was supposed to but did not.[/quote]

Just got done doing that, we shall see :grim:[/quote]

This has yielded SUCCESS :thingy:

They are going to ship me a new box (box only), and once I receive it I will ship back the old one. They are covering all costs. BUT the American office cannot tell me how quickly they will have them from the French office. But at least it was contact. This is also nice as now I can wear my shirt at least once and listen to the vinyl :xx:
Fuck 'em
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Drum Solo"]The people who ship your merch don't necessarily pack it, and the products it eventually rides with are probably much, much heavier when you get farther away from where it's headed (e.g. a 3500 lb. generator vs. one of those flimsy boxes). Plus, at those two locations I mentioned, nobody gives a shit. :frown:[/quote]

SoM directed me to the emails I should send the packing guidelines to. Freight guidelines are different and all involve, at minimum, wooden crates which would contain a grouping of the aforementioned packages.

One time, I packed a Chevy transmission in the method I described and it arrived to its destination intact.
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Just got done doing that, we shall see :grim:[/quote]

This has yielded SUCCESS :thingy:

They are going to ship me a new box (box only), and once I receive it I will ship back the old one. They are covering all costs. BUT the American office cannot tell me how quickly they will have them from the French office. But at least it was contact. This is also nice as now I can wear my shirt at least once and listen to the vinyl :xx:[/quote]

The delay issues all seem to stem from the French office not getting anything to the US office in a timely manner.
;,,;
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

after seeing at those pics on the first page i have to say it really does just look like a cheap piece of shit. the kind of thing that unless you packaged it in a box of pillows and marshmallows its going to get damaged during shipping because of how poorly constructed it is

its a shame :santa: sorry for the hassle & disappointment
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

Fuck me mate, that sucks

Hope u get your $ and more back
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="ein dusto"]after seeing at those pics on the first page i have to say it really does just look like a cheap piece of shit. the kind of thing that unless you packaged it in a box of pillows and marshmallows its going to get damaged during shipping because of how poorly constructed it is

its a shame :santa: sorry for the hassle & disappointment[/quote]

It IS cheap :lol: It is not quite as flimsy as Balsa wood ( I am thinking of those airplanes we used to make as kids) but definitely not even as sturdy as plywood. It is some kind of cheap-ass pressed board. Probably made in a sweat shop in Malaysia or China for 50 cents a piece. It has further impressed upon me that if Morbid Angel saw these beforehand and still approved them :frown: ,,,, But as Pulsar wrote, if initially packed right from the place that shipped them to SoM I don't think there would have been damage on this scale. I'd be curious to see a pic of them being unloaded or finding out where exactly they did come from. But even the pieces that "fell off" in the photo makes me wonder if the fucker wasn't broke before it was even put in the first box. :santa:

I can also say if this was part of a groundbreaking, phenomenal comeback album it would not bother me as much, but pending it is not, and all the minor screw ups (Blasphegram being the biggest) well.......

[quote name="Godsdefeat"]Fuck me mate, that sucks

Hope u get your $ and more back[/quote]

They're going to replace it by shipping a new one to me, at some point in the future. It will be just the box itself. Once I get the new one, as long as it is not broken I will ship the old one back. If it is broken also, the process will be repeated. This is all at their expense, which with shipping domestic and International I can quickly see the profit margin drying up which makes me hope that with the number of them having problems they will make better quality ones, but I won't hold my breath :zzz:
Fuck 'em
mudbuttthegreat

Post by mudbuttthegreat »

You should send back your box full of shit to them and tell em to suck one. :xx:
[quote name="HbW"]nobody cockmesses with fuckruling[/quote]
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

you really should. paying attention to the little things ensures the quality of the whole. it looks like som doesn't even know what the little things are :oldryan:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people