BRANDNEW INTERVIEW with Disco D. (video)

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Clint Eastwood
Mature Neophyte

BRANDNEW INTERVIEW with Disco D. (video)

Post by Clint Eastwood »

...is it just me, or...uhm, well, I somehow get the feeling that mr. vincent didn't expect such a shitstorm of negative feedback for IDI!!!

<!-- m -->http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=166488<!-- m -->
Abzu
Postwhore

Re: BRANDNEW INTERVIEW with Disco D. (video)

Post by Abzu »

That was almost creepy.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="David Vincent"]"stroke me, for i wish to orgasm" people on the internet, you pesky people on the internet :shake: [/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness

Post by LAVAGOD »

:oldryan:
LAVA!!!
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

All in all I'd say it's a better interview than some of the others we've been subjected too.. His acknowledgement of the Tucker albums was cool and it's good to see he and the band are at least thinking about adding some of those songs to the set.

Same for the industrial music. Even though it's mostly poor, If they did I think it'd give them more credibility and show that they are really into what they did on the album.

He seems to give off vibes of expectancy, like there's further tricks up the bands sleeve. But that could be the salesman methods at work.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i hate how david dances around questions

interviewer: will tim become a permanent member of the band

david: well, permanent is a very interesting word, yadadadaadasuckmycockblahblah
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Yeah, that shit right there with zero mention of Pete was pretty indicative of the future.
;,,;
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

i love his sexy lips :gay:

he reminds me of:

LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness

Post by LAVAGOD »

:jizz:
LAVA!!!
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

[quote name="LAVAGOD"]:jizz:[/quote]
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One

Post by Hallucinating dead »

Vincent did his things thats great, but why Trey let this man in.

What the fuck is happening. :homework:

Build me a time machine, i fucking hate 21st century. :waa: everything is fucked up totally :tear:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

this thread :piss1:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

We just have to live through this phase in Morbid history hoping for better days when the J album arrives, which should be a live of studio effort, concidering the remix album doesn't have it's J title.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

You seriously have serious hopes for the J album?
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Verbal"]You seriously have serious hopes for the J album?[/quote]

Assuming you're serious: Of course, history shows that after C old Lake, Risk and St. Anger, the bands returned to their roots and reached about halfway the quality they were known for. I expect a simular change back with Morbid Angel in the next few years.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

But it will obviously be shit.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Verbal"]But it will obviously be shit.[/quote]

What Megadeth and Tryptikon later did, I don't consider shit but containing quality stuff and Metallica fans like Death magnetic looking at the enormous sales in this age of download.

A new Morbid Angel record won't rival Altars of madness or Blessed are the sick of course, older age plays a role, but a Gateways/ Heretic quality level must be reachable.

You are overnegative beyond any sense of realism.
Clint Eastwood
Mature Neophyte

Post by Clint Eastwood »

somehow I get the impression that THEY already sort of regret GLEESO, and would have never ever expected such an ultraNEGATIVE reaction from their fanbase!

evil meh IS A SALESMAN NOW...he lost all the smartness and coolness he once conveyed in interviews! maybe he doesn't like the album either, but has to stick with it because of the ca$h!

I'm curious for the J album...and the new TERRORIZER
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

As a salesman, he's doing really bad considering the album sales..

My hope is that they always plan to do something different each album so no Illud pt 2 + hopefully Trey gets joy again in writing eerie riffs. :thingy:
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

The stuff in Mea culpa, "terror core", meant to be kinda scary/nightmarish?. Those weird, out of nowhere high note stuff before the fast beats kick off. I think this shows that Trey is still into his off kilta, deranged riffage. But it's so underdeveloped on this record that it pretty much wasn't worth releasing it.
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

"controversial" ??

um, no - it just sucks
Clint Eastwood
Mature Neophyte

Post by Clint Eastwood »

hell no, nothing contoversial about IDI!!!

all in all I could sense a good idea for a song here and there (too extreme, mea culpa) but everything's just so poorly developed...it's embarrassing! the rest of the album is mediocre death metal + 2 total disasters (RADIKULT, DESTRUCTOS vs PENIS)
BlackCatTheory
Neophyte

Post by BlackCatTheory »

This is what happens when a band write and arrange the bulk of the songs in the studio.

Greater processing power, means quality control is sacrificed as they wank blindly in Pro Tools, hoping that some tacked on digital trickery will cover up a lack of good old fashioned, labour intensive song writing.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

How's that?

I've been working with musicians that thrive on such a creative process in the studio. Writing songs as they go in that studio environment. It doesn't work for everybody, but for some it can work well and give amazing results. And you don't know how much was written by Trey at home, and how much was then added in the studio. But I agree, whatever they did - it sure didn't pay off.
BlackCatTheory
Neophyte

Post by BlackCatTheory »

That's great, but in this instance, I'm not talking about the musicians you have been working with; I'm talking specifically about MA and what, rightly or wrongly, I suspect has gone on.

Say you have had a prolific and varied output for a great many years. You reach a situation where you have left a long gap since your last album (which itself was accused of being a bit unfocussed and thrown together). You've been gigging your 'greatest hits' lineup and setlist for years with only one new song to show for it. The time has come to either a: deliver a new record or b: hang up your boots. However, all you have is your one new song and a bag of ideas that you managed to throw together between touring commitments.

I don't believe MA's current circumstances are conducive to just going into the studio and cutting and pasting the songs together from rough ideas and I don't believe they had enough new ideas or creative energy (at this point in their career) to make such a method of working pay back.

Obviously, you are keen to disagree with me, but perhaps you can bring yourself to agree that Illud doesn't feel like something that Trey spent a long time sweating over before bringing the songs to the rest of the band? Although, you are right, we are not going to know this for sure.

I totally agree pre-production songwriting works for some bands. But MA are old skool. They ain't spring chickens and I believe that trying studio experimentation has badly backfired.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

I agree because about the studio theory. Many MA songs have ideas in them that were already many years old before being recorded.

It's always Dave doing the talking and taking the respons. He's still metal. A forum member met him on the way back from the Vader/Krisiun gig a few days after MA played 013 Tilburg.

I want to know what Trey is about nowadays. He seems to be fed up on deathmetal and only into dubstep and stuff like that.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="BlackCatTheory"]That's great, but in this instance, I'm not talking about the musicians you have been working with; I'm talking specifically about MA and what, rightly or wrongly, I suspect has gone on.

Say you have had a prolific and varied output for a great many years. You reach a situation where you have left a long gap since your last album (which itself was accused of being a bit unfocussed and thrown together). You've been gigging your 'greatest hits' lineup and setlist for years with only one new song to show for it. The time has come to either a: deliver a new record or b: hang up your boots. However, all you have is your one new song and a bag of ideas that you managed to throw together between touring commitments.

I don't believe MA's current circumstances are conducive to just going into the studio and cutting and pasting the songs together from rough ideas and I don't believe they had enough new ideas or creative energy (at this point in their career) to make such a method of working pay back.

Obviously, you are keen to disagree with me, but perhaps you can bring yourself to agree that gleeso doesn't feel like something that Trey spent a long time sweating over before bringing the songs to the rest of the band? Although, you are right, we are not going to know this for sure.

I totally agree pre-production songwriting works for some bands. But MA are old skool. They ain't spring chickens and I believe that trying studio experimentation has badly backfired.[/quote]

I agree with what you say here, so your statement about me being keen on disagreeing with you is false. It's also a good thing you elaborated a bit on what you said earlier. It's true that they have been doing lots of pre-production and writing on their own at home or at the rehearsal place, instead of a studio, which then worked out great obviously. But every recording and every album is different, so their approach can be different every time as well. Even for a band like Morbid Angel. Other than that, I totally agree with your words there.

:beer:
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[youtube]32yNuBiKh9c[/youtube]
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

who gives even the tiniest shit about morbid angel any more. someone tell me. and then explain why while i walk away
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="it the dusto"]who gives even the tiniest shit about morbid angel any more. someone tell me. and then explain why while i walk away[/quote]
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Junior Mints look like black Go pieces.
;,,;
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

This popped up on the recommended videos bit... whilst introducing themselves with a barrage of open notes, disco shouts something about extreme championship wrestling :redneck: also, 4:50 for the DISCO-360 EXTREME how are you suppoosed to take this person seriously?

[youtube]8Uj3obaKpjQ[/youtube]
Santyago

Post by Santyago »

So... David Vincent is spinning around. :huh:
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

[quote name="Mutilator"][youtube]32yNuBiKh9c[/youtube][/quote]

That's pretty convenient how he went from "we don't really care what the fans think" in previous interviews to "right now in this economy it's rough out there for every band." I take it the attendance hasn't been all that great at the live shows.

They've played almost the exact same set for the past eight years and their first album since 2003 is terrible. Must be the economy.