pete video message

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Abzu
Postwhore

pete video message

Post by Abzu »

According to the MA facebook, Pete will be posting a video message at midnight Eastern time with an announcement.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Re: pete video message

Post by Abzu »

:frown:

And I was just thinking, "Boy, it's been a bit of time since we had another in the ranks of Akane, NDMG, Cat Hallucination, WTSL..."
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

[quote name="Friendroid"]He's going to announce that you suck.

Image[/quote]

:clap:

Did anyone see those signed posters they were flogging off on the fb page?They were only $25 and quite big I think.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Oh, I forgot about you.
;,,;
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

pete plays mozart's 25th symphony :interessant:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:idea: That was pretty cool.
;,,;
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness

Post by LAVAGOD »

Just goes to show his pure talent and skill, playing drums over a symphony couldn't have been easy to arrange :thingy:

And can't wait to see the new DVD he's gonna be putting Out. Speaking of talent, looks like we got a new troll... and from what it looks like, a returning troll... :shock:
LAVA!!!
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

[quote name=";,,;"]Oh, I forgot about you.[/quote]

:huh:
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Pete Sandoval is definitely my favorite member of Morbid Angel,he really does care about his fans! He's still a metalhead at heart!

[youtube]Sp06cxs-vJM[/youtube]

:xx:
Victor Frankenstein

Post by Victor Frankenstein »

This is some cool shit! I tried to play this symphony few months ago in some weird black metal arangements (on a guitar).

I'm glad Pedro's back (that's his real name, LOL).
"Friends, this is clean-up time and we're discounting all our silent, electric Ubiks by this much money. Yes, we're throwing away the blue-book. And remember: every Ubik on our lot has been used only as directed."
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

Pete

[youtube]Sp06cxs-vJM#![/youtube]

:grimxx:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="Friendroid"]
[quote name="LAVAGOD"]Just goes to show his pure talent and skill, playing drums over a symphony couldn't have been easy to arrange :thingy:

And can't wait to see the new DVD he's gonna be putting Out. Speaking of talent, looks like we got a new troll... and from what it looks like, a returning troll... :shock:[/quote]

No troll inside. It's just that this forum, as a Morbid Angel tribute forum, really sucks. As a micro 4-chan, it works much better.[/quote]

why are you complaining? you're not supposed to complain about anything on the internet
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Derek Waters"]
[quote name="Friendroid"]
[quote name="LAVAGOD"]Just goes to show his pure talent and skill, playing drums over a symphony couldn't have been easy to arrange :thingy:

And can't wait to see the new DVD he's gonna be putting Out. Speaking of talent, looks like we got a new troll... and from what it looks like, a returning troll... :shock:[/quote]

No troll inside. It's just that this forum, as a Morbid Angel tribute forum, really sucks. As a micro 4-chan, it works much better.[/quote]

why are you complaining? you're not supposed to complain about anything on the internet[/quote]

:sicken:
;,,;
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness

Post by LAVAGOD »

:santa:
LAVA!!!
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

A good thing Pete recovered. And a new Terrorizer AND a DVD :) It will be interesting if he kicks Trey's ass about the new record. Maybe Trey will wake up.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="MA Facebook"]Just to clarify, Pete is back behind the drumkit but as for now his priority is to focus on the next Terrorizer album "Hordes of Zombies", due February 28, 2012. Our good fellating lover and great drummer Tim Yeung continues to tour around the world with Morbid Angel on the "Illud Divinus Insanus Tour". Thank you for supporting both Pete and Tim, they both are amazing musicians and talents.[/quote]
;,,;
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

[quote name="Mutilator"]A good thing Pete recovered. And a new Terrorizer AND a DVD :) It will be interesting if he kicks Trey's ass about the new record. Maybe Trey will wake up.[/quote]

yea maybe the next album will be better than covenant
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

I respect Pete, his dedication, his talent etc etc, but musically i didn't dig that.

You all know I'm all for open mindedness within music, but i just didn't go :xx: at that.

it's awesome & crazy to arrange that whole thing and he did an awesome job playing & executing, but it didn't make me go :bang:

It was neat, but didn't blow me away.

Still, as other have said, hope Pete gets into Treys ear about MA and replacing DD and/or taking control over his baby again.

Pete's unique style is what really gives MA their own vibe (along with Trey's riffs & ideas)

:santa:
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

[quote name="FUKKET"]replacing DD

[/quote]

Wont happen
xr2m
Mature Neophyte

Post by xr2m »

[quote name="FUKKET"]I respect Pete, his dedication, his talent etc etc, but musically i didn't dig that.

You all know I'm all for open mindedness within music, but i just didn't go :xx: at that.

it's awesome & crazy to arrange that whole thing and he did an awesome job playing & executing, but it didn't make me go :bang:

It was neat, but didn't blow me away.

[/quote]

I'm super stoked to see Pete playing again, and I hate to agree with you... that wasn't so hot. In fact, it kinda sucked. I understand what he was trying to do, but it just doesn't fit with death metal drumming at all and the combo is kind of naive and embarrassing. I'm a fan of his drumming because it fits MA's sound perfectly, but to overlay it on classical music doesn't really work.

Anyway, I'm glad Pete is back and hopefully he'll do something worthwhile since it seems like he's the only hard-on bearer left out of the MA bunch who still grasps the spirit of the band. I've noticed on the Facebook profile that the mod is saying things like Pete is still the drummer, but does anyone really believe that?
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:flamming:
;,,;
Anjel
Ancient One

Post by Anjel »

I think that Pete Mozart video is way better than most people I've seen playing drums to classical, it actually sounds like a drummer and not like someone trying to play the parts on drums like many others.
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

COMMANDO IS BACK :grimb:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I think Pete is going to skip this period of Morbid Angel altogether. Whether or not he goes back after the Illud tour cycle wraps up (eventually) still seems pretty up in the air to me.
;,,;
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One

Post by Hallucinating dead »

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]COMMANDO IS BACK :grimb:[/quote]
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I hate his drum sound, I love his playing.

But that Mozart video was :zzz:
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

[quote name="Skinoperable"]if pete does decide to return to MA, something tells me he won't put up with disco d's nonsense and will (hopefully) snap trey out of whatever state of mind he's in so he can start writing awesome jams again.[/quote]

I've always been a good D.V. fan, but now I am almost going on the idea that M.A. needs Tucker to come back . . . .

FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Void"]I hate his drum sound, I love his playing.

But that Mozart video was :zzz:[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Pete always seems a person from another planet

or probably he really IS :grimb:

Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

:alien:
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Jackson"]Pete Sandoval is definitely my favorite member of Morbid Angel,he really does care about his fans! He's still a metalhead at heart!

[youtube]Sp06cxs-vJM[/youtube]

:xx:[/quote]

I understand that he made a whole dvd performing like this? I like his style but he definately sounds like he's still recovering.
Svartmetall

Post by Svartmetall »

[quote name="Mutilator"]I understand that he made a whole dvd performing like this? I like his style but he definately sounds like he's still recovering.[/quote]

Yeah, some of the double-bass stuff was a bit ropy and uneven - but it's still good to see him at least on the way to recovery.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Here's another video uploaded by him:

[youtube]8jxnGWwO8cw[/youtube]

Still not perfect but he's getting better :ba: :greenie: :gay: :grimxx:

He even uses the swivel technique, never saw him do that before :alien:
cire
Ancient One

Post by cire »

p3t3 th3 f33t :xx::::::::::::::::::::

He seems like he's well on his way. This is welcome news. :gay: :clap: :rshot: :ba: :greenie:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:xx:
;,,;
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

pete :xx:

i'm glad to see him blasting like that again, at least he still has some fucking sense.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

MAN!!! That was awesome!

I can't even remember when he was this fast at blasting. Really happy to hear him play at this level again. :thingy:
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Yes! I was sceptical at first, fearing that considering his age, he might never recover, but I think he, the pioneer, has now copied the nowadays drumming techniques from those he inspired.

He sits much more straight up, and now does the swivel, but he still wears his combats?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Mutilator"]but he still wears his combats?[/quote]

In some interview he said the boots weren't really a big deal. He said they were pretty thin and were great for drumming.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]but he still wears his combats?[/quote]

In some interview he said the boots weren't really a big deal. He said they were pretty thin and were great for drumming.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up :santa:
Svartmetall

Post by Svartmetall »

[quote name="tuned beer"]I can't even remember when he was this fast at blasting. [/quote]

'Covenant Of Death', maybe?
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One

I dont like pete because he can play real fast, i like him because he wrote Drums which flows exact with Trey's music. Without Pete MA sound is incomplete.
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One

btw bleed for devil had very fast blastbeast,

I just saw the video looks like commando is in perfect shape now :xx:
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

[quote name="Demon seed"]blastbeast[/quote]

:xx: name for a drummer
Svartmetall

Post by Svartmetall »

[quote name="Mutilator"]He even uses the swivel technique, never saw him do that before :alien:[/quote]

I wonder if he's modified his technique based on what the physiotherapists have been telling him during rehab? It would make sense if certain things he was doing previously caused or at least exacerbated the disc problems...
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One

[quote name="M.Bison"]
[quote name="Demon seed"]blastbeast[/quote]

:xx: name for a drummer[/quote]

sometimes my typos are just amazing, maybe the other brain doing it intentionally.