Morbid Angel DVD

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
zim
Zim(a)

Morbid Angel DVD

Post by zim »

Seriously, what the hell Morbid Angel? Where is our DVD?

We need full band history, interviews with all members, studio footage, tour footage, music videos, and pro-shot live shows. Give it to your hardcore fans, I beg of you oh ancient ones.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User
Metal God

Re: Morbid Angel DVD

Post by User »

this will definitely happen if they don't break up after I
more metal
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I would love to see any piece of footage of them inside the studio recording. I've only seen a few random pics.
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Have you also gotten a bad feeling about the times beyond I?
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Now that I think about it.. I don't know if MA will continue after I
User
Metal God

Post by User »

if I is a huge critical success in the metal circles i can foresee more albums, there is a lot of potential for that now vincent is back in the band
more metal
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

crossing my fingers
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

and hope to I

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
latem
Mature Neophyte

Post by latem »

i went to the earache label website(ask earache section)and asked why they never released a dvd.the response was because they are perfectionists(especially trey)and they thought there isnt footage with excellent quality sound,picture etc. for release.it took the guys ages to agree on "entangled in chaos" sound quality,which is why the songs aren't from 1 concert!i agree they should release something ,even video clips,interviews,studio footage etc.i have a few bootleg dvd's and they are awesome!(i dont agree with bootlegging but we dont have a choice!)i also think they would get alot of new fans too through a dvd release. :beer:
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

Yea, I asked Trey in January and he replied:

"Yes, we should make a dvd soon"

So fingers crossed!
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Godsdefeat"]Yea, I asked Trey in January and he replied:

"Yes, we should make a dvd soon"

So fingers crossed![/quote]

I have a feeling they will make one. BUT I'm really worried about how long it will be.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

pretty sure he mentioned that back in like 2002 as well, so i wouldn't hold your breath on that one
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Famous Mortimer"]pretty sure he mentioned that back in like 2002 as well, so i wouldn't hold your breath on that one[/quote]

also, if they are such perfectionists, and they say that is the reason it's hard to make a dvd with a full show on it.

I would say, THAT is the perfect reason to make a dvd! While filming, show all of us how perfectionistic Morbid Angel is. It would be a challange and it would be fun for the band as well to play at their best!
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Perfectionists? Maybe, but very slow-productive? Definately.

There is great bootleg footage that covers any Morbid Angel era; produce a nice dvd package like Cannibal Corpse's Centuries of torment and it's perfect already!

Slayer understands that they're not getting any younger, so they get more productive with the new album coming this year. So should Morbid Angel realize.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

Q3A is probably about as close to an 'official' Morbid Angel video game as we'll ever see, and I'd prefer to keep it that way. of course i'm a bit biased in that regard i guess :redneck:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Trypticon"]Morbid Angel DVD,studio footages and etc.?

Man,thats not Morbid Angel spirit for me.

I think they should release something cool with this new upcoming record. Morbid Angel PC or Playstation 3 video game with all members on it.

Or Trey's Techno Stuff. Free Hardcore For Extreme People[/quote]

MA studio footage, ect isn't the in the MA spirit for you but PC or PS3 game is?

:huh: :huh: :huh:
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Apart from knowing it's Trey's hobby; I also don't see any link to videogames in the music lyrics image etc.. :paw:

A videogame is too time-consuming to produce; Just do a Centuries of torment 3dvd kinda package, covering the start to the present with interviews with all old members included!

It also needs chapters where Trey and Pete explain their technique...
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Mutilator"]Just do a Centuries of torment 3dvd kinda package, covering the start to the present with interviews with all old members included!

It also needs chapters where Trey and Pete explain their technique...[/quote]

this is what I dream of.. I would do anything to see a dvd like this of MA. to see their complete history and see what they are like when they aren't playing music.
Santyago

Post by Santyago »

Maybe they will make one when the band quits doing albums, I think.
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

this is what I dream of.. I would do anything to see a dvd like this of MA. to see their complete history and see what they are like when they aren't playing music.

I don't think they'll do something like that. I asked Trey once about a dvd and he said "they should do one". Years ago I had some VHS footage of him practising before a show (WTF did I do with that tape!!!???? :oof: ) That sort of stuff would be cool on dvd but he replied that 'he doesn't like to be filmed that way'.

When I met them on the Australian tour I was told that "Pete and Trey don't get out much out during the day as they are nocturnal". Pete however did come out (with Dave and Thor) and they are just a bunch of nice guys that took in the surroundings of Brisbane and had a great time.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Are there any other proshot MA concerts in existence?

By now we have the Altars of madness Nottingham gig, a part from the Wacken 2006 gig and since 27 june there is the Rock la Parque Bogota, Colombia gig.

I remember MTV Headbangers ball showing a snippet from the Covenant tour back in the day that sounded awesome, would be great to see the entire gig...
latem
Mature Neophyte

Post by latem »

[quote name="Mutilator"]Are there any other proshot MA concerts in existence?

By now we have the Altars of madness Nottingham gig, a part from the Wacken 2006 gig and since 27 june there is the Rock la Parque Bogota, Colombia gig.

I remember MTV Headbangers sadist's plaything showing a snippet from the Covenant tour back in the day that sounded awesome, would be great to see the entire gig...[/quote]

unfortunately not(i dont think)by far the best quality one i have seen is the colombia one.ive seen probably 30 others mostly shot with a handheld camera :tear:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

if they were to put any concert on dvd i want to see fucking montreal :bang: :xx: :xx:

are you kidding, this is one of the best concerts in history..

I AM THE COLLECTOR OF SOULS!

[youtube]asGU71Rp6KA[/youtube]

[youtube]U1AKfYPCkbc[/youtube]

WE LIVE IN A WORLD OF ANGUISH, WE LIVE IN A WORLD OF PAIN, WE LIVE.. IN A WORLD OF SHIT. AND NOW WE GO TO THE PROMISED LAND :bang: :xx: :jizz:

[youtube]9lN4pqdSWA4[/youtube]
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

from the perspective of Earache june 2008:

Why no Morbid Angel DVD onsale?

Question: hi guys,i was wondering why there is no morbid angel dvd besides the altars of madness reissue.for example a dvd featuring a live show/videos/interviews etc.for a successful band with 8 full length albums i find it strange when bands with just 1 album have dvd\'s available!with m.a. being on a couple of different labels in their career could pose a problem but other bands have been in the same situation but still released one! From: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Tessmick@supernerd.com.au">Tessmick@supernerd.com.au</a><!-- e -->

Answer: yeah I agree its kinda weird that a band who are as legendary and influential as Morbid Angel have no DVD instores AT ALL.The reason is this: the band are incredibly picky and perfectionist in everything they release to the public, from art to audio to video, it has to be 100% perfect,as they see it, before it can be sold to the fans.When the band recorded their live CD "Entangled In Chaos" they did not do the traditional thing- record a gig and release it, instead they recorded EVERY gig on a 20 date USA tour, in the process lugging a 24trk machine to every show (this was before protools/digital recording techniques) and the eventual CD is an amalgam/segue from 3-4-5 different gigs on that tour. Its an admirable stance, but Its downside is- still no DVD instores.

Earache has been the only label (despite wikipedia saying their first label was New Renaissance? huh - wrong- who writes that junk anyway?) that has released every recording by the band in its entire history so far,a period spanning 20 years, and beleive me we have tried to coax em into doing a DVD many times, but since we appreciate the stance of the members, we agreed to defer any DVD.Earache does have tons of footage of the band in the can- pro-shot, multi camera classic gigs- none have been deemed perfect enough, so we are waiting for the "okay".The reason the 1989 footage from Nottingham Rock City was released on the DualDisc of Altars Of Madness was because even tho its not perfect, its rarity and sheer archive value of the band playing songs right after the release of the debut, outweighed those concerns, rightly so.

The latest wrinkle in the negotiations is the fact that footage including the latter period singer Steve Tucker (F, G, H albums) is now redundant as original singer David Vincent returned to the Morbid fold after nearly a decade away.Fans checking out the latest tour will notice no songs from the F, G H albums are aired anymore.So its 2 Morbid Angel-eras in our back catalog now, which seemingly will never mix.

We are planning however on a Blessed Are The Sick special dualdisc edition, with footage and interviews with the members talking about the early days of the band.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I read that a long time ago, very sad :tear: I wish they would just fucking ignore the perfection shit and release some footage already. We know your perfectionists but come on!
captain twat. IV.
Ancient One

Post by captain twat. IV. »

Then what is with the recent "pro footage"?
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

I was hoping for a Tucker DVD...

Why not release a collection sort of deal, the best performances over the years? maybe a 2 dvd set covering all eras with 2-6 songs each? Perhaps some commentary for each, period and/or current, ie; backstage talk and interview fragments, mixed with current commentary on those various eras; how various members felt then & currently.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

latem
Mature Neophyte

Post by latem »

[quote name="Mutilator"]from the perspective of Earache june 2008:

Why no Morbid Angel DVD onsale?

Question: hi guys,i was wondering why there is no morbid angel dvd besides the altars of madness reissue.for example a dvd featuring a live show/videos/interviews etc.for a successful band with 8 full length albums i find it strange when bands with just 1 album have dvd\'s available!with m.a. being on a couple of different labels in their career could pose a problem but other bands have been in the same situation but still released one! From: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Tessmick@supernerd.com.au">Tessmick@supernerd.com.au</a><!-- e -->

Answer: yeah I agree its kinda weird that a band who are as legendary and influential as Morbid Angel have no DVD instores AT ALL.The reason is this: the band are incredibly picky and perfectionist in everything they release to the public, from art to audio to video, it has to be 100% perfect,as they see it, before it can be sold to the fans.When the band recorded their live CD "Entangled In Chaos" they did not do the traditional thing- record a gig and release it, instead they recorded EVERY gig on a 20 date USA tour, in the process lugging a 24trk machine to every show (this was before protools/digital recording techniques) and the eventual CD is an amalgam/segue from 3-4-5 different gigs on that tour. Its an admirable stance, but Its downside is- still no DVD instores.

Earache has been the only label (despite wikipedia saying their first label was New Renaissance? huh - wrong- who writes that junk anyway?) that has released every recording by the band in its entire history so far,a period spanning 20 years, and beleive me we have tried to coax em into doing a DVD many times, but since we appreciate the stance of the members, we agreed to defer any DVD.Earache does have tons of footage of the band in the can- pro-shot, multi camera classic gigs- none have been deemed perfect enough, so we are waiting for the "okay".The reason the 1989 footage from Nottingham Rock City was released on the DualDisc of Altars Of Madness was because even tho its not perfect, its rarity and sheer archive value of the band playing songs right after the release of the debut, outweighed those concerns, rightly so.

The latest wrinkle in the negotiations is the fact that footage including the latter period singer Steve Tucker (F, G, H albums) is now redundant as original singer David Vincent returned to the Morbid fold after nearly a decade away.Fans checking out the latest tour will notice no songs from the F, G H albums are aired anymore.So its 2 Morbid Angel-eras in our back catalog now, which seemingly will never mix.

We are planning however on a Blessed Are The Sick special dualdisc edition, with footage and interviews with the members talking about the early days of the band.[/quote]

cool,you found my question to earache!!!!isn't it rediculous the way dave treats the period with steve,he must have some hold over trey,even though trey started m.a..i also remember interviews with trey stating they weren't going to play songs off domination when steve joined as trey didn't like the direction of dave's lyrics!fast forward to know with dave in the band again and there back doing domination!!!! fuckin stop the bickering and give the fans what they want. and were all big enough to know m.a. are awesome and a dvd with not perfect sound etc. isn't going to make us think they're shit. :huh:
Vooder
Mature Neophyte

Post by Vooder »

[quote name="latem"]

cool,you found my question to earache!!!!isn't it rediculous the way dave treats the period with steve,he must have some hold over trey,even though trey started m.a..i also remember interviews with trey stating they weren't going to play songs off domination when steve joined as trey didn't like the direction of dave's lyrics!fast forward to know with dave in the band again and there back doing domination!!!! fuckin stop the bickering and give the fans what they want. and were all big enough to know m.a. are awesome and a dvd with not perfect sound etc. isn't going to make us think they're shit. :huh:[/quote]

listen to this man
If it bleeds, we can kill it...
captain twat. IV.
Ancient One

Post by captain twat. IV. »

[quote name="mabb_"]Then what is with the recent "pro footage"?[/quote]

???

It was less than perfect..

[quote name="latem"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]from the perspective of Earache june 2008:

isn't it rediculous the way dave treats the period with steve,he must have some hold over trey,even though trey started m.a..[/quote][/quote]

Buisness probly.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="mabb_"]
[quote name="mabb_"]Then what is with the recent "pro footage"?[/quote]

???

It was less than perfect..[/quote]

Seriously, that most recent pro-shot concert wasn't top notch "perfection" at all, but it's released. I think that was broadcast live on television though, maybe wasn't their choice to release it. Trey was having problems with his guitar and the mixed sound is bad in some spots.