Who does the backing grunts in Chapel of ghouls?

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Who does the backing grunts in Chapel of ghouls?

Post by Mutilator »

Clearly it isn't David Vincent, who couldn't, since he quit smoking before Blessed are the sick and told his voice became deeper since, but wasn't before.

Could it be Kam Lee who also did the backing vokills on Empire of the sands of Nocturnus?
vO)))id
Metal God

Re: Who does the backing grunts in Chapel of ghouls?

Post by vO)))id »

I think it's dubbed. Sang it twice in the studio, one vocal with normal pitch, the other one with a lower pitch.

If he couldn't do the lower ones himself, they probably just pitch shifted it in the studio. Then again I'm not sure if they could change the pitch back then without slowing down the recording (sound), that has only become available with digital recordings, because tape would automatically run slower or faster when you change the pitch.

...OR, he sang it double speed and thén slowed it down 50%, making the pitch go down 50%.

OR, they hired someone else to sing it. :redneck:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Void"]...OR, he sang it double speed and thén slowed it down 50%, making the pitch go down 50%.[/quote]

I would actually pay to hear that ... I'd probably die laughing too.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

im sure he could probably do the vocals himself, i smoke like a train :oldryan: and my vocals are fairly deep
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

i did :santa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Skinfection"]
[quote name="Void"]I think it's dubbed. Sang it twice in the studio, one vocal with normal pitch, the other one with a lower pitch.

If he couldn't do the lower ones himself, they probably just pitch shifted it in the studio. Then again I'm not sure if they could change the pitch back then without slowing down the recording (sound), that has only become available with digital recordings, because tape would automatically run slower or faster when you change the pitch.

...OR, he sang it double speed and thén slowed it down 50%, making the pitch go down 50%.

OR, they hired someone else to sing it. :redneck:[/quote]

carcass had pitch shifted vocals on their first two albums so...[/quote]

yeah, they probably just did that.
Santyago

Post by Santyago »

David Vincent quit smoking before Blessed are the sick? A bow to him :bang: