break up talk after next album?

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
zim
Zim(a)

Re: break up talk after next album?

Post by zim »

[quote name="Gumbo72203"]So I'm new, sorta. This is my first post since morbidangelboard.com or whatever existed, haha.

Long and the short of it is that I got disenchanted with death metal, became a huuuuuge fanboy of the OTHER rock and roll Trey A (Trey Anastasio of Phish) but thats a whole other story....

anyway, i was reading some threads here, and people kept mentioning something about breaking up after the I album if it doesn't do well, or something. Can anybody shed some light on this?

thanks[/quote]

It's just gossip. Some of us think they'll split if I doesn't do good and some of us think I will smash and they''ll get pumped to do more.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Gumbo72203"]yeah word. I just listened to Nevermore again, and I'm still mixed. A lot of it feels like the weird, non-musical, non-groovey weirdness of Heretic, but then at times it sounds kinda like something from Blessed Are The Sick. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

but I was seriously disappointed with Heretic. Man, I don't think I've listened to that since the year it came out. But I listen to Formulas at least 4 times a day. It helps maintain a healthy pancreas.[/quote]

I thought Heretic was an amazing album but a lot of people don't seem to like it. :huh: And Nevermore is an awesome song, my only shtick with the song is when David goes "whoooaooaoooaoa" other than that it's great material I think.
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

:huh: Never heard the rumor before, it would be a bit strange tho. Even with maybe one or two lesser great albums the last tours showed they are still very popular
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

none-musical, none-groovy Heretic???

c'mon, it's super groovy and has all kinds of great rhythms in it. It's super musical.
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

[quote name="Void"]none-musical, none-groovy Heretic???

c'mon, it's super groovy and has all kinds of great rhythms in it. It's super musical.[/quote]

exactly, there's a lot of great rhythms and grooves in it.

I didn't like Heretic because I felt the production was SORELY lacking, and the songwriting wasn't that great/up-to-par anyway imo.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"]
[quote name="Void"]none-musical, none-groovy Heretic???

c'mon, it's super groovy and has all kinds of great rhythms in it. It's super musical.[/quote]

exactly, there's a lot of great rhythms and grooves in it.

I didn't like Heretic because I felt the production was SORELY lacking, and the songwriting wasn't that great/up-to-par anyway imo.[/quote]

I liked Heretic's production, it's really different from the previous two albums so it was interesting and nice to hear something a bit different. It feels kind of raw to me.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

I hope Pete writes more songs because Stricken arise is one of my faves on Heretic.

Breaking up won't be by will I think, but they're getting old and Pete has severe back problems.

Hope he does the new Terrorizer quick btw.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

i dig heretic and i dig nevermore
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="ManOfSteel"]i dig heretic and i dig nevermore[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
KARMABLADE
God of Emptiness

Post by KARMABLADE »

[quote name="Gumbo72203"]yeah word. I just listened to Nevermore again, and I'm still mixed. A lot of it feels like the weird, non-musical, non-groovey weirdness of Heretic, but then at times it sounds kinda like something from Blessed Are The Sick. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

but I was seriously disappointed with Heretic. Man, I don't think I've listened to that since the year it came out. But I listen to Formulas at least 4 times a day. It helps maintain a healthy pancreas.[/quote]

yup i was also disappointed with heretic, only song that was real quality was curse the flesh, other than that there were some bits here and there that was good. I have to say that nevermore sounds like heretic and isnt a top quality song, trey could do better.
My riffs: <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoKhOGflcy8<!-- m -->

NileDeathMetalGods(NDMG)

Brock will smash your face!
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

heretic is a great album.. enough said.
KARMABLADE
God of Emptiness

Post by KARMABLADE »

[quote name="zim"]heretic is a great album.. enough said.[/quote]
My riffs: <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoKhOGflcy8<!-- m -->

NileDeathMetalGods(NDMG)

Brock will smash your face!
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="KARMABLADE"]
[quote name="zim"]heretic is a great album.. enough said.[/quote][/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Love of Lava
God of Emptiness

Post by Love of Lava »

[quote name="abzu"]
[quote name="KARMABLADE"]
[quote name="zim"]heretic is a great album.. enough said.[/quote][/quote][/quote]
love of lava.
captain twat. IV.
Ancient One

Post by captain twat. IV. »

They don't really seem like the same old MA to me.I mean,Pete and Trey are still great but I dunno..It just seems kind of weird with David back.I wish he would go back to his BATS voice.Plus with Pete's alleged back problems.
Santyago

Post by Santyago »

[quote name="mabb_"]They don't really seem like the same old MA to me.I mean,Pete and Trey are still great but I dunno..It just seems kind of weird with David back.I wish he would go back to his BATS voice.Plus with Pete's alleged back problems.[/quote]And they have more 20 years in their backs now.