Pain divine, this means war, cleansed in pestilence..similar

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Grudge
Metal God

Pain divine, this means war, cleansed in pestilence..similar

Post by Grudge »

The beginnings of these songs sound very similar. I never noticed this before. Check it out.
Uni777
Ancient One

Re: Pain divine, this means war, cleansed in pestilence..similar

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="ManOfSteel"]The beginnings of these songs sound very similar. I never noticed this before. Check it out.[/quote]

I understand what you mean. The vibe is the same But there is different techniques happening in the guitar playing.

And btw, TMW was written bij Rutan.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i get what you mean with cleansed and this means war but pain divine doesn't have that alternating blast/different beat going on.

cleansed in pestilence is an awesome song though. i love the section at 2:15, talk about groovy. :xx: :bang:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

This Means War 2nd part of the main riff sounds exactly like the 1st part of Eyes to See, Ears to Hear. :hard-on bearer:
beandorkio
God of Emptiness

Post by beandorkio »

What you're hearing are songs that begin with a triplet blastbeat. Pure and simple.

Throw Blasphemy onto that pile of tracks, that's the only other one they do that opens straight up with a triplet blast.
[quote name="it the dusto"]Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks[/quote]

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]People is fucking crazy[/quote]
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

the intro of Chambers of Dis has some crazy double bass going on :bang:
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

Yea you can say this about most composers who have a specific vision. It's perfectly natural. Things somewhat repeat with variation and inmy opinion thats what being genius is all about. Take the classical guys for example. Like Mozart or Bach. Lot of reptitive vibe but all different songs. I think that's what gives a record its coherency as well.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="TranscendingMusic"]Yea you can say this about most composers who have a specific vision. It's perfectly natural. Things somewhat repeat with variation and inmy opinion thats what being genius is all about. Take the classical guys for example. Like Mozart or Bach. Lot of reptitive vibe but all different songs. I think that's what gives a record its coherency as well.[/quote]

This lady knows.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;