What is this guitar?

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Haunty
Metal God

What is this guitar?

Post by Haunty »

<!-- ia0 -->IMG_0123.JPG<!-- ia0 -->

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
zim
Zim(a)

Re: What is this guitar?

Post by zim »

That is the guitar that Mike Davis (Nocturnus) sold/gave to Trey. It's a Jackson Warrior

And I just found this.. now i'm sad..

MORBID ANGEL/NOCTURNUS Guitar To Be Auctioned Off - July 12, 2003

Former NOCTURNUS bassist Emo Mowery is currently auctioning off via eBay a guitar owned and used by both Mike Davis of NOCTURNUS and Trey Azagthoth of MORBID ANGEL. Says Emo: "[The guitar] was used by Mike on the first two NOCTURNUS albums ('The Key' and 'Thresholds') and all three NOCTURNUS tours. After the first demise of NOCTURNUS in 1993, Mike sold the guitar to Trey. Trey used this guitar in the studio for recording solos on many MORBID ANGEL recordings. This guitar was seen in Metal Maniacs magazine in Trey's guitar collection at his home in Florida. The exact description of this guitar is as follows: USA made, custom neck-through, yellow with metal flake, Jackson Warrior with the original case. Serial number is: 'J000581' to verify the time and place this guitar was made go to this location. This guitar is in good shape considering it is around 13 years old. It is not setup right now. If the buyer wants it setup I will set it up with new strings for an additional $30 paid for in addition to the cost of the guitar by the buyer. I will leave the old strings in the case if the buyer wants it setup. It has the same strings on it and two picks that Trey left in the case. Trey's old strap is also still on the guitar. THIS GUITAR HAS A LEGENDARY HISTORY IN THE FLORIDIAN DEATH METAL SCENE AND WILL BE A PRICELESS GEM FOR THE BUYER!! Buyer pays for all shipping costs and I will email the cost of shipping to the buyer when the auction has ended. If you would like to know ahead of time what the shipping will be email me your address and I will send shipping costs and insurance too if need be. Feel free to email me with any questions about the guitar!! Happy bidding and good luck!!" Click here for more information (including pictures of the guitar) and to place your bid.
<!-- m -->http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=13534<!-- m -->
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

yea I saw the auction when it was put there :)

funny how Trey put the thunderbird thing on it :redneck:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Void"]yea I saw the auction when it was put there :)

funny how Trey put the thunderbird thing on it :redneck:[/quote]

do you know how much it went for?
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="Void"]yea I saw the auction when it was put there :)

funny how Trey put the thunderbird thing on it :redneck:[/quote]

do you know how much it went for?[/quote]

can't remember... maybe uni does :huh:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

If i remember correctly around 900 bucks.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="uni777"]If i remember correctly around 900 bucks.[/quote]

...I would have bought that shit in a second :tear: I wonder why Trey sold it
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="uni777"]If i remember correctly around 900 bucks.[/quote]

...I would have bought that shit in a second :tear: I wonder why Trey sold it[/quote]

Well, it wasn't in prestine condition.... If you look at the catalogue pic, you see the bridge humbucker is a special two-coil pickup. It was swapped for a normal humbucker and attatched to the guitar with a normal mounting ring. Since the guitar was not designed for that it looked ... well..., weird. hahaha. And it was NOT a US custom. It is the Jap pro model. Which were so well build that US series sales declined. The jap lines were downgaded after that. To create some distance in quality between Jap and US.

We can only guess why he sold it, but looking at the wood specs, it is totally different than what Trey normally uses.

On a side note.. Ever since i saw that yellow warrior in THAT catalogue, i was in love with the thing. Then Nocturnus came to Europe (91), and Mike was playing my dream guitar.

It took me until two years ago to buy one (unfortunately the yellow became a custon option, so i ordered a white one). And....... it just did not feel comfortable to me.. being used to different shapes, i could not get used to it.. So I sold it..
Jackson

Post by Jackson »