Morbid Angel goes Indian?

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Morbid Angel goes Indian?

Post by Mutilator »

These images from the official site seem to be very much influenced by Indian culture.

Am I the only one who sees the link with this and Trey's devotion to Deepak Chopra?

Is this all some sort of pre-taste of the new album that is coming up?
Jackson

Re: Morbid Angel goes Indian?

Post by Jackson »

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

that blue pick guard is so :xx:

and these are some pretty interesting ideas behind new ma album
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

[quote name="Trypticon"]i think he's also influenced by egyptian-arabian culture. just look at his ibanez 7 string guitar with that blue mirror pickguard and that pyramid under the pickguard.

it would be cool to hear some explosions influenced by this,but before that to smoke some:

just keep exploring :xx:[/quote]

That guitar has been designed by Steve Vai and he was the one who put that pyramid there. Sorry to break your world down.
:xx:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

the new imagery has been discussed to death here (fwiw pretty much nobody cares for it, although i would take the conservative approach and say the issue is with the execution more than the style itself [the execution is fucking horrid and gaudy and just, bad, 8-ways-from-sunday shitty]). i don't really know that it's indicative of a new direction or influence or anything, may just simply be that the hard-on bearer doing their graphics is into that aesthetic.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

Or it could be that he didn't want the original neck on there. It's a ton easier to change out a neck than to change out bodies; plus different bodies have different sound qualities.

Or it could be that the pyramid just looks cool. Which it does. :xx:

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Famous Mortimer"]the new imagery has been discussed to death here (fwiw pretty much nobody cares for it, although i would take the conservative approach and say the issue is with the execution more than the style itself [the execution is fucking horrid and gaudy and just, bad, 8-ways-from-sunday shitty]). i don't really know that it's indicative of a new direction or influence or anything, may just simply be that the hard-on bearer doing their graphics is into that aesthetic.[/quote]

That is how I feel - the execution sucks but the themes are good.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;