Morbid Angel - Effenaar, Eindhoven, NL 4-11-2012

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Morbid Angel - Effenaar, Eindhoven, NL 4-11-2012

Post by Mutilator »

Here are some quality recordings from yesterday's show

[youtube]ebKx6d_pPdw[/youtube]

[youtube]XWFHvLlnUfs[/youtube]

[youtube]UknMt5VEEhE[/youtube]

[youtube]e6ca_dAJNbI[/youtube]
vO)))id
Metal God

Re: Morbid Angel - Effenaar, Eindhoven, NL 4-11-2012

Post by vO)))id »

Meh.

I get so annoyed from David's vocals and stage personality. "Everybody say HAY!" in WTSL? :frown: And I can't stand him singing Bil Ur-Sag. Blergh.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

It's understandable. It gets annoying when he screams 'Tilburg! Spill some blood for me!' When it's in Eindhoven.

Also, he told us that he was sad about a good fellating lover of them from Suicidal Tendencies(!!!) who recently died from a motorcycle accident!

But, that's just stage presence. The bigger problem imo is Trey's quite lame presence and effortless leadplaying. Almost no slides or sweeps anymore, just mainly tapping. Where the slime live shows it clearly. Trey seems really fed up with being creative in deathmetal anymore.

And what Thor is doing with the leads is just wankery.

Apart from that, the band still played high-levelled tight as a young virgin's snatch and the old songs themselves are still awesome.

[youtube]AaWqKoJOzLE[/youtube]

[youtube]nmhsALY88FY[/youtube]
BlackCatTheory
Neophyte

Post by BlackCatTheory »

"Effortless" but not in a good way!
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I thought he was saying "Timmy, spill some blood for me" there.
Cybermetatron

Post by Cybermetatron »

[quote name="Mutilator"]But, that's just stage presence. The bigger problem imo is Trey's quite lame presence and effortless leadplaying. Almost no slides or sweeps anymore, just mainly tapping. Where the slime live shows it clearly. Trey seems really fed up with being creative in deathmetal anymore.

[/quote]

Yeah I'm also very annoyed by that !! And his lead on "world of shit" went out the wndow, I just can't understand why !!
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

"effenaar" sounds like "effed in the ear"
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

I think it means something like Evenaar: Equinox.

[quote name="iamgoat"]Meh.

I get so annoyed from David's vocals and stage personality. "Everybody say HAY!" in WTSL? :frown: And I can't stand him singing Bil Ur-Sag. Blergh.[/quote]

I can understand your sentiment, but on the other hand: nowadays audience isn't as fanatical like in the old days, so I understand he tries to get more audience response. Also he does it precisely in the lesser interesting part of Where the Slime live that just takes too long before the grooving riff starts so I don't have a problem with it.

Concerning Bil Ur-Sag, could it be because you got into MA around 1998 having Steve Tucker for you as 'the first, original singer' whereas officially of course it's the other way around? I think it's cool that he does at least 1 song from the Tucker era although they should do more..
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="iamgoat"]Meh.

I get so annoyed from David's vocals and stage personality. "Everybody say HAY!" in WTSL? :frown: And I can't stand him singing Bil Ur-Sag. Blergh.[/quote]
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

... he screams 'Tilburg! Spill some blood for me!' When it's in Eindhoven.

:redneck:

The bigger problem imo is Trey's quite lame presence and effortless leadplaying. Almost no slides or sweeps anymore, just mainly tapping. Where the slime live shows it clearly. Trey seems really fed up with being creative in deathmetal anymore.

:frown: :tear:

not cool... could it be the end?
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="iamgoat"]I thought he was saying "Timmy, spill some blood for me" there.[/quote]

Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

... he screams 'Tilburg! Spill some blood for me!' When it's in Eindhoven.

:redneck:

The bigger problem imo is Trey's quite lame presence and effortless leadplaying. Almost no slides or sweeps anymore, just mainly tapping. Where the slime live shows it clearly. Trey seems really fed up with being creative in deathmetal anymore.

:frown: :tear:

not cool... could it be the end?

I don't know, the aging clock is ticking and many extreme metal classics are made with youthful energy.

Also, doing drugs will wear one out sooner or later.

But there is always hope. As touring with Pantera co-influenced Trey to write Gateways to annihilation, the current touring bands, especially Nile, who are a hungry band and still practice a lot to get better and better, through longtime fellating lover Karl, might set his mind back on track.

Thor can write songs and riffs so combined with Trey, they might get somewhere.

I think I read somewhere Pete wants to do some short tour with Terrorizer, and with Terrorizer being an exclusive act, he'll probably do some big festivals next summer. I'm thinking Neurotic deathfest and maybe Fortarock and Wacken open air in Europe. Hopefully he rejoins Morbid Angel afterwards!

As IDI being their 'C.o.l.d. Lake', I expect at least a 'Vanity/Nemesis'. Lets say a Heretic quality levelled album should be possible.
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

let's all pray to shub niggurath