Tucker era songs that would suit David Vincent

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Ninny
Metal God

Tucker era songs that would suit David Vincent

Post by Ninny »

For some reason they picked Bil Ur-Sag but there are clearly too many lyrics in there for David. I think Nothing is Not would be much better for him :idea:

[youtube]2aCOgUQVLvU[/youtube]

Relatively slow and much more space for Evil D's voice. Also the theme fits with their first three albums.

Did they ever do any Tucker songs besides Bil Ur-Sag :huh:
Paste Human
Metal God

Re: Tucker era songs that would suit David Vincent

Post by Paste Human »

Nothing is Not would be my first choice too :idea:

Ageless or Summoning off of Gateways might work with David's vocals. At the very least I think they'd sound better than Bil Ur-Sag, which I'm pretty sure is the only song from that era David Vincent has played live.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

David needs to keep his suck away from F, G, and H.

Nothing Is Not requires swampy sludge vocals that David does not possess.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

I think he could do it well enough to tune out his performance if need be (it wouldn't suck bad enough to distract from the music). If nothing else they should replace Where the Slime Lives in the set list. It's a boring track and Trey butchers the solo every time :frown:
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="zim"]David needs to keep his suck away from F, G, and H.

Nothing Is Not requires swampy sludge vocals that David does not possess.[/quote]

Zim I say this and ask this question with nothin but love, because I agree with what you are actually saying. But for clarity can we say

"...that the modern David does not possess?"

I've no qualms with the classic David as a front-man/lyricist. His genuine passion and interest in heavy music then could have handled these duties, me thinks.
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

I think that Disco D actually has a lot of ability in his vocals. Beneath all that forced 'personality' there are quite a set of pipes. Nothing is not would be good but no improvement on the original. I think it would be one of the songs that would suits D's style of annunciation and emphasis fairly well. Summoning redemption would go well too with the "I demand" bit.

I'm really only saying this for the sake of conversation, of course.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:puke:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I don't think modern David could do those tracks justice. But I'm unsure about how old David would have sounded. I think David's old school low vocals (Covenant) on the F-G-H tracks wouldn't have sounded right.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Cybermetatron

Post by Cybermetatron »

I think "Prayer of hatred" would sound better than "Bil Ur-Sag" with David on vocals !
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One

Post by Hallucinating dead »

Nothing for gateways or heretic but may be the altars kind of vocals might suit some of formulas tracks, maybe heaving earth, prayer of hatred or covenant of death.
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

I can't imagine Prayer of Hatred sounding good without the deeper gaseous sounding vocals, which I don't think taint can or will ever do. That's a track I wish Tucker would have gone a bit deeper on, especially during the mid-paced part in the middle.