Did Trey do any press for I?

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Paste Human
Metal God

Did Trey do any press for I?

Post by Paste Human »

I looked for it during the release and found nothing :huh:
zim
Zim(a)

Re: Did Trey do any press for I?

Post by zim »

i don't recall ever seeing him in a single interview for I - it was all david and tim :huh:

the seems incredibly odd to me
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

He did that interview alongside david for decibel magazine. But no video :frown:
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

It's strange since Trey is a well outspoken person.

I guess he is not into talking about metal anymore as well as writing it.

Or he tripped too much and developed some sort of an anti-outside people attitude? :huh:

Did anybody ask Trey or his mom through Facebook how he's doing nowadays and how his attitude towards metal is nowadays?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Mutilator"]Or he tripped too much and developed some sort of an anti-outside people attitude? :huh:

Did anybody ask Trey or his mom through Facebook how he's doing nowadays and how his attitude towards metal is nowadays?[/quote]

my assumption is that metal is obviously no longer his passion and and as far as music goes he seems more passionate about electronic music now.

maybe he's just reached a point in his life where he isn't concerned with morbid angel or metal anymore (or as much as he used to be). at some point or another you have to call it a day. how long should we expect death metal musicians to go on or even create good music?
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Aðalsteinn
Metal God

Post by Aðalsteinn »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]Or he tripped too much and developed some sort of an anti-outside people attitude? :huh:

Did anybody ask Trey or his mom through Facebook how he's doing nowadays and how his attitude towards metal is nowadays?[/quote]

my assumption is that metal is obviously no longer his passion and and as far as music goes he seems more passionate about electronic music now.

maybe he's just reached a point in his life where he isn't concerned with morbid angel or metal anymore (or as much as he used to be). at some point or another you have to call it a day. how long should we expect death metal musicians to go on or even create good music?[/quote]

Good point. And creating no music is in a sense better that creating boring music. As much as it sucks this is the reality of it all. Everybody knows this, but imagine going up on stage in 2013, with your hair falling out to play Immortal Rites for the 11000th time? To have kept some level of exitement through all these years is amazing.

Luckily (for him) though, I've always gotten the feeling that Trey didn't give a fuck about expectations, so let's just hope he's happy creating whatever he's creating.
All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom<br />
and a poom-poom - JUST SHAKE YA RUMP
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

[quote name="Rokkarinn"]creating no music is in a sense better that creating boring music[/quote]

qft
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

you guys obviously arent TRUE morbid angel fans!
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

hardcore and radical MA fans they are not :ryan:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

trey pressed his bowels to make i

david helped

:tvrky:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

:oldryan:
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Rokkarinn"]
[quote name="zim"]

maybe he's just reached a point in his life where he isn't concerned with morbid angel or metal anymore (or as much as he used to be). at some point or another you have to call it a day. how long should we expect death metal musicians to go on or even create good music?[/quote]

Good point. And creating no music is in a sense better that creating boring music. As much as it sucks this is the reality of it all. Everybody knows this, but imagine going up on stage in 2013, with your hair falling out to play Immortal Rites for the 11000th time? To have kept some level of exitement through all these years is amazing.

Luckily (for him) though, I've always gotten the feeling that Trey didn't give a fuck about expectations, so let's just hope he's happy creating whatever he's creating.[/quote]

Well stated that playing Immortal rites for the 10000000+ time tends to get boring. And come to think that they haven't changed their setlist radically since David Vincent returned. It must be a drag, probably resulting on 'working on automation'.

It may not just be a musical taste shift, it may be as big as a personality shift.

When I talked to Punchy, he told me that Trey went through several 'musical taste phases' and his then current fave music was dubstep. Most of us probably know that that 25 year old girlfriend he had at the time (I suspect somewhere in the beginning of 2000-2005) did a lot of damage influencing him towards electronic music.

The strange thing is that he seemed to have abonded the whole 'I am I will I create' principle by coming up with an uninspired recording.

He needs to hear some revolutionairy metal that respraks his metalroots.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11380">viewto ... t=11380</a><!-- l -->
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

people didnt notice that thread because it was in the chapel
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

he should just do a solo electronic album, maybe with Mike Davis as with Chewing Inc, like they mentioned in a MA COD newsletter about 15 years ago!!!

From what it said it wasn't metal and was 'experimental' and having those 2 wicked guitarists, it sounded quite promising....

:frown: it never eventuated...
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="FUKKET"]he should just do a solo electronic album, maybe with Mike Davis as with Chewing Inc, like they mentioned in a MA COD newsletter about 15 years ago!!!

From what it said it wasn't metal and was 'experimental' and having those 2 wicked guitarists, it sounded quite promising....

:frown: it never eventuated...[/quote]

... in relation to Nocturnus - hey, check out Sean! :)

http://www.facebook.com/smcnenney