Enshrined by Grace

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Godsdefeat

Enshrined by Grace

Post by Godsdefeat »

Enshrined by Grace was actually on Headbanger's Ball last weekend. Watched it a few times but not a fan of the video.

I like the song but I reckon Enshrined and Where are the worst non inspiritional videos they made. Especially compared to Rapture, God & Blessed
zim
Zim(a)

Re: Enshrined by Grace

Post by zim »

I read somewhere that they weren't able to choose the director and Trey or someone in that band said something along the lines of "either this or not have a video"

Not a big fan of the video myself, but it could have been worse. If they do another one I hope it's in the style of GoE or Rapture :xx:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

yeah, it wasn't great, but it wasn't shit either
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Be glad that there is a video in the first place: remember the're aren't any from the Formulas and Gateways albums, but should've been also..
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I think a video for Formulas or Gateways would change my perspective of those albums in a negative way...

The concepts and art, especially that of Formulas, don't need a video. It wouldn't enhance the experience because I think the music speaks for itself.

I mean, just look at it:

So thank you, but no thanks. :santa:
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i never thought about music vids for formulas and gateways. a video for covenant of death could be fucking sick, especially the end, with that sick groovy jam. i could imagine freaky stuff going on in the vid

but i get what your saying vahpmy, the albums alone are even more powerful than a video could be :xx:
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Now I have the solo from Enshrined stuck in my head. I must go listen. It makes me drift away.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

always thought that was one of the more stranger solos
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

It makes my mind drift off. Then it comes back to the triplets and I wished it were longer so I play it again. Eventually I let it go and finish listening to the song lol
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

This is such a fucking awesome album cover. Love the album and cover so much I got a tattoo of a part of it
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

[quote name="Mutilator"]Be glad that there is a video in the first place: remember the're aren't any from the Formulas and Gateways albums, but should've been also..[/quote]

Oh I'm glad there's a vid, just compared to the other ones I think it's one of the weakest