Morbid Angel - Noorderligt, Tilburg NL 24-5-1991 no Vincent!

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Morbid Angel - Noorderligt, Tilburg NL 24-5-1991 no Vincent!

Post by Mutilator »

Here is some more unique concertfootage that I decided to upload.

Morbid Angel had a lot of trouble to deal with on the BATS tour, especially in The Netherlands. In Paradiso the sound from the PA wasn't working accordingly, around the Dynamo fest their gear blew up so they had to buy new stuff and here David Vincent fell so ill that he was hospitalized. The band still decided to perform. In here the disappointment can be clearly felt but everyone makes the best out of it. A bummer for the attendents but very interesting for people who want to focus more on for instance the guitarwork in the Morbid Angel songs. To my knowledge this is the only time Morbid Angel did an instrumental gig.

[youtube]tBm3DJRSYBs[/youtube]

I expect that people on his board can appreciate this, since all the hatred here that is expressed towards David Vincent already.
FUKKET
Metal God

Re: Morbid Angel - Noorderligt, Tilburg NL 24-5-1991 no Vincent!

Post by FUKKET »

:interessant:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

well i certainly did enjoy that
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One

Post by Hallucinating dead »

[quote name="FUKKET"] :interessant: [/quote]
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Mutilator"] To my knowledge this is the only time Morbid Angel did an instrumental gig.[/quote]

As a matter of fact, there were a couple of shows in Holland without David. Scum in Katwijk and if i remember correctly also Willem-2 in Den Bosch.

He also mentions this on the Leading the rats bootleg recorded at 't Noordelight in Tilbug a year later. ("I wasn't able to make this and a couple of the other Dutch shows..")
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Uni"]
[quote name="Mutilator"] To my knowledge this is the only time Morbid Angel did an instrumental gig.[/quote]

As a matter of fact, there were a couple of shows in Holland without David. Scum in Katwijk and if i remember correctly also Willem-2 in Den Bosch.

He also mentions this on the Leading the rats bootleg recorded at 't Noordelight in Tilbug a year later. ("I wasn't able to make this and a couple of the other Dutch shows..")[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately I don't have recordings of these gigs (yet).
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

They should do a 22 year anniversary tour without David Vincent to commemorate those shows :interessant:
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

Perhaps they should celebrate that every year